New VS armor colors on Test Server

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Riftmaker, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Riftmaker

With the latest patch on PTR i noticed that the VS have new colors for their infantry armor. Vehicles are pretty much the same,didn't notice any major difference.
    Combat Medic:
    [IMG]

Engineer:
    [IMG]

Heavy Assault:
    [IMG]

Infiltrator:
    [IMG]

Light Assault:
    [IMG]

And of course,MAX:
    [IMG]

I'm not sure if this will go live or if it will change but it's on the test server anyway. I know i like them even though in some cases where it used to be purple i think a darker shade of black would be better. And i'm interested on how they will interact with composite armors and camo.
    Just thought i should make a thread and show you guys what's going on.
    Also that's why you should check out the Test Server. Lots of good stuff going on there.
  2. GiveNCMoreCerts

FUUUUUUUU YES!

Finally camo will ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING

(Unlike the OP NC camo, where it just covers all parts of the NC player)
  3. Falcon_BR

Omg, buff the flashlights and the night vision sights ASAP or we are doomed!
    • Up x 1
  4. gigastar

So the ones on the right are the new textures are they?

I really dont know, i generally dont stop to look at anything as i play at 50% render quality, because playing at maximum render quality on my craptop triggers the terrain flashing bug.
  5. jjruh

Yay, we moved from the Light grey, dark grey and purple faction to the Dark grey and purple faction. Hold on to your hats boys, this is a game changer.
    • Up x 3
  6. GiveNCMoreCerts

Just tested them on the test server. CAMOs now ACT LIKE NC CAMOS!!!! THEY ACTUALLY COVER STUFF
  7. Riftmaker

The ones on the left are the new ones,with a darker grey and little to no purple. But there's no texture change from what i see. Just some changed colors. It's something i guess.
  8. }{ellKnight

This will make you guys stand out at night a bit more. Good change IMO, was having more difficulties noticing you guys during night time than NC or fellow TR.
  9. GiveNCMoreCerts

LOL.

1st off, EVERYONE - ALL FACTIONS - are Hard to see at night.

2nd, the pics on the LEFT are the new ones. So we will actually have the same kind of camo coverage as you TR and NC
    • Up x 1
  10. Spartan 117

Was this their solution to fix the Vanu population? Not to seem ungrateful, but I don't see this accomplishing anything. Every Vanu class model needs a overhaul. In Planetside 1, Vanu MAX looked like Samus from Metroid, soldiers wore armor not spandex. I'm really glad SOE is considering making changes to appeal to a greater audience, but go big or go home.
    • Up x 3
  11. LordMondando

When one 10th of you is bright yellow, talk to me about visibility.
  12. GiveNCMoreCerts

and when you NC have ANY and i mean ANY kind of camo on, 99.9999% of your yellow goes away.

The only ones left are small strips that don't even render until you get to knife distance
  13. LordMondando

1) At best it halves in brightness. Even on the tanks, planes etc, the yellow strips are still there.
    2) So?
  14. GiveNCMoreCerts

15. LordMondando

16. }{ellKnight

Correct, I also pointed out that I had it easier to notice NC and TR than VS.
  17. jjruh

Who cares,... So the NC camos cover better, So we MAY be harder to see at night, who honestly cares. None of this makes any real bit of difference. Sure it might pretend to be different, but I will fire on a NC wearing arctic camo just as fast as I would fire on a regular NC. It makes no difference.
  18. Riftmaker

Pretty sure the point of this thread was not to figure out which color is harder to see at night. And either way,nights aren't as dark as they were in beta or w/e and since spotting is a thing this whole discussion is irrelevant.

You can save your complaints for when the changes actually go live if you actually feel the need to complain about something.
  19. GiveNCMoreCerts

"Is the argument where we all see a way we can plausible accept that purple is easier to see than bright yellow at night coming, or not?"

Not

"new teal stripes you got"
    you mean how the LEFT is the NEW and the RIGHT is the current one? Oh how we Lost the teal?

This proves you have absolutely no experience with fighting VS in the dark because you obviously don't recognize which one is new and which one is old
  20. C0L0NELH0GAN

Hm, that's nothing I would call impressive change...
  21. Riftmaker

You should check out the Test Server and see how the new armor interacts with camo. It covers almost everything. It looks really good. Not sure how composite armor works into all this since i can't use both composite and camo on the test server but i'm pretty sure it's good.