[Suggestion] New vehicle cert slot: Deploy

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DFDelta, Jun 14, 2014.

1. DFDelta

Add a new cert slot (like utility, defense, chassis) to Flash, Sunderer and Galaxy.
    Cert lines for this slot are:

Flash:
    Scout radar: (4 ranks)
    Scout radar is removed from the utility slot. Activating this ability deploys the Flash and activates an effect similar to what scout radar does now (radar to all friendlies, 25/50/75/100m range). While deployed vehicle stealth is inactive and the rumble seat is unavailable, the front seat and any weapons mounted there are still active.
    Does work while vehicle is abandoned.
    Enemies inside its radius are informed that they are inside a radar bubble.
    3 seconds deploy/undeploy time.

Advanced Jammer Suite: (4 ranks)
    While deployed the Flash creates a bubble with 15/25/35/50m radius. Enemies inside that bubble suffer from different effects depending on their class.
    Infiltrator: Reduces cloaking depth by one level (e.g. a crouching Infi would appear like a crouchwalking one)
    Light Assault: Jetpack efficiency is reduced by one rank (to a minimum of rank one) and refuel speed is reduced by an aditional 5% per rank
    Combat Medic: Tool efficiency is reduced by one rank (to a minimum of rank one), stops triage if in a vehicle inside the bubble.
    Engineer: Tool efficiency is reduced by one rank (to a minimum of rank one), Turret reload speed/overheat dissipation is reduced by 5% per rank
    Heavy Assault: Shield recharge is reduced, and discharge (how fast it depletes) is increased by 5% per rank.
    M.A.X.: Effects of anchor are reduced by 5% per rank, recharge of other abilities is reduced by 5% per rank.
    How can it do all this stuff? Nanites!
    Deactivates own vehicle stealth while active and does work while vehicle is abandoned.
    Enemies inside its radius are informed that they are inside a jammer bubble.
    6 seconds deploy/undeploy time.

Ambush Module: (5 ranks)
    The Flash is cloaked while deployed. It will start at the lowest cloaking depth (sprinting) and gains one level of depth per second (sprinting, standing, crouchwalking, crouching). It will emit a steady low hum while deployed that is audible at 12m and grows louder at 4m or closer. Weapons on both seats are locked while invisible. Can be combined with wraith on the same vehicle, but does not need an infiltrator to be useable.
    This does not use energy and can stay active forever (in theory).
    5.0/4.5/4.0/3.5/3 seconds deploy time. 0.5 second undeploy time.

Sentry Module: (5 ranks)
    Will turn the flash into a miniature fortification. While deployed gains a energy "windshield" that protects the driver from frontal attacks (similar to MANA AI shields). Hostile small projectiles (Basilisk, Kobalt, Walker and similar count as small for this purpose) passing through will have their damage reduced by 10/20/30/40/50%, large projectiles/explosives (shells, rockets, UB-grenades) are blocked completely.
    90/80/70/60/50% of the blocked/reduced direct damage are transferred to the flash instead (splash is ignored). Damage reductions apply, so this goes really well with composite armor.

Sunderer:
    AMS:
    Identical to the current AMS.

Scout radar: (4 ranks)
    Identical to the Flash Scout Radar, just with a 40/70/110/140m range.

Shield Emitter: (5 ranks)
    Creates a circular, 10m radius, 3m high shield around the Sunderer.
    The shields ranks and function are identical to the Flashes Sentry Module above except that damage from weapons that can't damage the Sunderer is obviously ignored. While active received repairs are reduced by 25% for the deployed Sunderer. The shield can be entered by enemies.
    2 seconds deploy/undeploy time.

Galaxy:
    Advanced Electronics Suite: (4 ranks)
    Combines Advanced Jammer Suite and Scout Radar while deployed.
    Has a 60/90/120/150m range.
    8 seconds deploy/undeploy time.

Fortress Module: (5 ranks)
    While deployed the Galaxy creates 2 long, slightly curved shields, starting from just behind each side turret (the turret and part of the swiveling intake/turbine would be outside the shield). Dimensions of the shields should be large enough to cover the entire length and the height of the Galaxies fuselage.
    The shield blocks small weapons completely (without damage transfer), and transfers shell/rocket/flak damage at the same ratio as the other shields.

Carrier Module: (5 ranks)
    While deployed the Galaxy creates a round energy platform on the upper part of its fuselage that spans the entire space out to the turbine/intake on the tips of the wings. It begins slightly below the top turret, so the turret stays above and has unimpaired vision.
    This platform is a visual representation only and has no collision!
    Friendly aircraft hovering above this platform will be repaired and rearmed at the efficiency of a sunderer module of one rank higher. (A rank 1 carrier module would be as good as a rank 2 Sunderer repair/rearm module)

(I'd also remove Scout Radar from ESF with a full cert refund. Replace with a AV version of the Engagement Radar.)
    • Up x 1
  2. DFDelta

Bumpage.
    Seriously? 35 views, fallen to page 2 and not a single comment?
  3. Ken Photon

First of all, this idea is pretty cool overall, so congrats. However, I do have some objections:

The Advanced Jammer Suite: The effects cannot stack! Otherwise, we'll have people spamming Flashes and all hell breaking loose in the forums when the infantrymen come making a wave of nerf calls for this thing. Also, this may be a little too effective for a vehicle that costs a measly 100 resources. I think I'm okay with it working without a driver, as it'll add a tactical dimension to the Flash. The Flash will now become a strategic item as well as a simple throwaway transport vehicle.

The Ambush Module: This will pretty much make the Wraith useless, unless that hum is loud enough. Otherwise, I like it.

Now, if only the Flash didn't force me to do 720s because a rock was bigger than a soccer ball...

And to the Galaxy:

The Carrier Module: You better make this cost a sh*tload of certs... It does take some skill on the part of the friendly pilots to take advantage of it (except if you are in a Scythe, those are kind of easy to pilot, I've heard), but it also makes the air game a lot easier. Pilots won't fly as far away to get repaired and resupplied. I wouldn't be surprised if the Lib complaints intensify after this gets implemented. The libs will stay longer in the sky, so their impact would be more severe.

Other than that, it's pretty much perfect. I think these ideas add a tactical dimension to these vehicles, especially the Flash.
    • Up x 1
  4. DFDelta

AJS: Yeah, reading it again after seeing your post I noticed my horrible wording in there.
    I don't think it should stack either, that would be Op as hell. :eek:
    What I meant was that a rank 1 tool getting hit by it would still be rank 1 and not affected by it. (and not, lets say, become a rank 0.5 or getting disabled or someting)

Ambush: Don't think it will fully replace the wraith. It is immobile and has a rather long deploy time, even on highest rank it would take 6 seconds to reach the best cloaking which would make it useable mostly for setting up ambushes in advance.
    In a way it would be the stalker cloak to the Infis hunter cloak.

Carrier: Yeah, I think it should be expensive, too. Maybe a 100/200/400/500/1000 cert line.
    If it proves too strong a delay like the one of the nano-repair cert could be added (Has no effect if the galaxy or the "repairee" have taken damage in the last 10 seconds).
    • Up x 1
  5. RubiksCubix

I don't have anything against this great idea. I would like to see the cloak sundy option from PS1 though. I never played PS1, but for lone wolfers or small squaders who like tactical gameplay (like me) this is a must.

On a side note, this suggested slot makes much more sense to me than the other two slots, which in my opinion should be merged and players should be allowed to freely pick any two.
  6. DFDelta

Well, let us see if suggestions get more publicity in this forum.
    (Also, push :p )
  7. Matt879

Such great ideas, such little hope that they'll ever be implemented... I'd really like to see the carrier module for the galaxy actually happen. I honestly think that it wouldn't be OP, and it helps out friendly pilots a lot as they don't have to go as far to resupply/repair. But the day that my gal will become anything other than a battlegal or spawnpoint seems very far away... I've been dying for it having more supportive options for ages now.