New TR SMG ROF

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Curse_Gamerkin, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Curse_Gamerkin

2. sustainedfire

It has more bullets, that is the trade off.
  3. Tasogie

Having jsut switched to VS today, the VS SMG is no better than the TR one's I have both of them on all three races
  4. Sedisp

5. Curse_Gamerkin

For a faction with highest recoil and low accuracy? and only 10 rounds more when last SMG had only 5 more rounds, and lower damage? having 5 more rounds and that was enouogh for people to rage.
  6. Sedisp

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but TR doesn't have the worst accuracy. It also has the least recoil.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...OSWNaanFqSUVxLWc&f=true&noheader=false&gid=31

CARV has .8 recoil overall lower than the nine the SAW has. and the .86 the orion has.
    • Up x 2
  7. Curse_Gamerkin

8. Sedisp

Multiply it by first shot recoil.

Edit: Which may not be showing correctly atm.
  9. sustainedfire

The SMGs are old news, get ready for the Pump Shotguns in a few minutes.
  10. Curse_Gamerkin

So .06 is that huge?
  11. Curse_Gamerkin

You expect them to be amazing? theyll release better ones in a week or two for same full price.
  12. Sedisp

Quite alot yes. Go try a Saw if you want to see recoil and that's with .1 difference.

Ultimately it's immaterial. You said the TR has the highest recoil this is not true.

TR has better options than either NC or VS. In anytime they are equal TR gets a free 10 bullets.
  13. Curse_Gamerkin

Ive used a gauss SAW and ive hit targets from farther then i ever will with a TR LMG.
  14. Sedisp

Then it's user error. Out of the box the only difference accuracy wise is the CARV is has less recoil and a higher bullet velocity.
  15. sustainedfire

I expect they will be good. They are purchasable, so they have to have some draw to tempt players to adopt them early on.

I just got the auraxium medal on my haymaker, and that was pretty easy. The description for the new shotgun bills them as having "increased stopping power". Looks like I'll be making it rain Auraxium !
  16. whitupiggu

The carv has a higher rof of 750 while the saw has a rof of 500. This means recoil is much easier to manage for the saw at range. But at least you filled NCs contractual obligation of whining about all your guns. Velocity is also 600 for both guns btw.
  17. Sedisp

Both my TR and NC characters are in their thirties. Try again. Either weapon requires tap firing at extended ranges so RoF is irrelevant. The lowered recoil makes bursting easier to do than on a SAW.

A SAW is also awful up close where the CARV still works.
    • Up x 2
  18. whitupiggu

I'd have figured someone that got to BR30 would actually know what they were talking about. Guess I was wrong.

the carv moves 12.5 times in one second while the saw moves about 8 times in a second. The saw also has a tighter cof on the first shot(it always hits where you are aiming when not factoring bullet drop). NC really just need to stop whining about everything. People call the saw a full auto sniper rifle for a reason.
  19. Zaik

It got LMG cursed.

It's rather interesting that it is so inconsistently applied. Take the TAR for example.

800 RPM 143 damage, same as the GR-22 and H-V45. It has 10 more in the magazine for free, giving it quite an advantage when the base is 30.

But when the base is 50, you add 10 more and it costs 45 RoF? So confusing. I've never really understood what the rules are for it.
  20. Sedisp

You're welcome to prove me wrong. Until then the facts disprove you. Sorry.

http://www.planetside-universe.com/character.php?stats=5428011263309527345

Hope that's not you.

A stat which only works when you start getting into the 175m ranges. Aka almost never.

If you have trouble with the CARVs recoil I demand you go out and make a video of you owning face with a Gauss saw. Try to make it before the sun implodes.

I have heard exactly no one refer to it as that.
    • Up x 1