[Suggestion] new TR max ability/replacement for lockdown

Discussion in 'MAX' started by tf2hero, Feb 5, 2014.

1. tf2hero

As we all know the lockdown is quite useless (unless using it with bursters) so i halve come up with a new idea for the TR max ability to replace the lockdown that does not completely suck.
    works as a type of resist shield for the max. the recharge works the same as the Zelot Overdrive
    rank 1
    10 second time of use
    +15% damage reduction of all types
    -40% movement speed
    60 second recharge time

rank 2
    15 second time of use
    +20% damage reduction of all types
    -35%movement speed
    55 second recharge time

rank 3
    20 second time of use
    +25% damage reduction of all types
    -30% movement speed
    50 second recharge timer

rank 4
    25 second time of use
    +30% damage reduction of all types
    -25%movement speed (as low as its going)
    45 second recharge timer

rank 5 (max)
    30 second time of use
    +35% damage reduction of all types
    -25% movement speed
    40 second recharge

the recharge works the same as the Zelot Overdrive
  2. Ceskaz

Why not, but the last rank seems quite overpowered.
  3. tf2hero

there could be no 5th rank
  4. FourTwoFour

Anything that reduces damage is just a big no no. TR MAX units would win any 1v1 fight if both are equally skilled. I agree that the lockdown is bad for running around and killing people. TR MAX units need something better that suits them.
  5. oherror

I might be one of the few but i like lockdown. I used it in PS1 to great effect and I use it in PS2 to great effect as well. You just have to know when you need to move. I have seen people post about improving lockdown with a 10-20% resistance which only would happen while engaged in lockdown. I think 10% would be acceptable buff.
  6. starlinvf

So its effectively given the TR the NC's ability, but still allow them to keep firing?
  7. DirArtillerySupport

LOVE lockdown...on the prowler as well but then again I immediately maxed out both. People seem to want the same swiss army knife everyone else has but how boring would that be? It wouldn't be Planetside anymore and it's already not Planetside anymore.
    • Up x 1
  8. Paulus

I guess I'm in the minority. I kinda have come to accept my Max ability is pretty useless in most cases, and have resigned myself to using it for AA and stairway guard duty.

Sure I can't use it to gain ground like the NC and VS, but it has it's uses as a "Surprise! There was a Max on overwatch round that corner!!" kind of thing. Only down side is having to move after every kill because they always come back and blind-fire a decimator into whichever corner I was waiting for them in.

I guess the real kicker for TR is that our ability only shows its strength when used as part of a squad with dedicated support.
    • Up x 1
  9. Ganelon

Even then it's ****.