[Suggestion] New Tools and Rearranging Class Roles

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SlugSniper, Sep 4, 2016.

1. FateJH

Maybe.
    Do you know that Hossin base that has a jet of heated air shooting out of a surface in the ceiling, making a visual distortion? It's some downstairs room. I think the base is Southgate Checkpoint. If that effect is portable and not intensive, that might be a workable base animation for a flamethrower effect.
  2. SlugSniper

That might work. One thing about the flamethrower is that it would leave burning, damaging residue on surfaces and players which might mess with framerate and stuff... I don't know. Probably wishful thinking. :confused:

Got any more ideas for abilities and tools for these classes? I didn't suggest very many.
  3. IceMobsterrr

And swords which can decapitate or cut an opponent in two with that, as well!!!
    • Up x 1
  4. SlugSniper

While I don't think we'll be getting horses :rolleyes: , I wouldn't mind a more in-depth melee system. Larger melee weapons with slower slashing, more damage, and longer reach might be cool.
  5. SlugSniper

More ideas and rearrangements:

For Engineer (as described in OP):
    Flak Turret - Capable of 360-degree rotation, but deploys slowly and is a slightly larger target than other Engineer turrets. Highly effective against aircraft.

For Light Assault:
    Climbing Cable (tool) - Attached to and dropped down from the tops of walls, cliffs, or buildings for teammates to climb. Only allows one player at a time to climb and does not allow MAXs.

For Support:
    Heavy Guns (moved from current HA to Support)