New to Game

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by sittingface, Nov 20, 2012.

1. sittingface

What do I need to get started? I am currently downloading the client now. Do I need to purchase gametime? If I do when do I do that at?
  2. Rhapsody

Nope, game is 100% free to play. All you 'need' is an account.

The only thing monitary things will get you are 'eye-candy' things like camaflodge skins (different looks), the ability to unlock weapons/equipment faster, and a faster 'earning' of in-game currency and Certs (which are used to unlock things).
  3. Ice

No purchase necessary. Download, install, play.

You'll have to learn your way around the game if you haven't played anything similar. Check the wiki for some basic info and try and find some helpful players to roll around with.

ALSO PLAY TR!
  4. Fear The Amish

nope just the D/L i would suggest watching some of the youtube tutorial's
  5. sittingface

thanks for the advice, how and where do I purchase the 'eye candy' and the abilities to unlock items faster?
  6. ShadWulf

The store is in the in game menu. You will also find the map, the social tab, the certification tab, and your profile in this menu. You can add station cash by going to the account management section on the SoE page.
  7. Losty

Either you can buy Station cash (in your account menu there should be an option) or you can geta subscription to the game which gives xp boost and more (500SC / month).

I suggest you check out the planetside 2 page, since there are game tutorial video's on there and the ability to check membership / station cash prices if you are interested in that.
  8. Rhapsody

What v('.')v said =)
  9. VoidMagic

Just make sure you pay strict attention to the tutorial that will sort out all your questions!