New Sunderer Weapons Please

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by HaxMax, Jul 24, 2020.

1. HaxMax

Can we get some new weapon options for the Sunderer please?

It feels like other systems, vehicles, and weapon options have been introduced but the workhorse that is the Sunderer has been left behind. It's a sad state of affairs that in many cases the best option remains the humble Basilisk... the original/stock weapon. Note that this is not the case for any other vehicle.

In particular, something that offers a little more deterrence against enemy armour would be VERY welcome.

Cheers.
  2. HaxMax

Even a total sidegrade to add a little spice to the life of the Sundy crew would be amazing. Maybe faction-specific options for flavour?
  3. Desann

FACTION SPECIFIC SUNDERE WEAPONS!!!

YES!!!!!!!!!

ORRR add the Planetside 1 Leviathan with the 4 top guns, side guns, etc. Add that to the Guild Armory system and implement the massive EMP pulse!

[IMG]
  4. DJPX

There were empire specific weapons but they couldn´t balance it or they didn´t fit very well so they vanished before they made it live
  5. HaxMax

It's hard to believe that they went through all the effort of creating these assets and then didn't release them because of balance issues. Release weaker versions then buff them, or release them and nerf them if they seem too strong. That's pretty much how it always goes? What's the problem here?
  6. HaxMax

There are new (Armadillo) cosmetics on the way for the Sunderer. Now's the time to bring back these weapons, or something better!
  7. Brewergamer

I was thinking the same thing, I'd like to see more faction-specific weapons. Also a heavy weapon for NSO.
  8. Ven Moonwall

To the best of my knowledge after they scrapped the idea for ES antiarmor sundy rear weapons, the weapons that had been designed and added were migrated from sundy to the MBT and Harasser top guns. However as of 2 years ago, the last time i checked the pts, they were never fully finished with implementation and only existed in a half done state. The TR Siegebreaker, a 4 round burst rocket thing, was unable to equip any attachments like ammo capacity, zoom, etc. The NC-4 Paladin, an actual honest to god rail gun style weapon, had access to everything and seemed operational albeit in a fairly poor state in terms of damage (4-500 per shot and a 1.5 second rechamber time with a firing delay and a 4 round clip, and the VS Aurora LRB, a full auto low damage gun that fired two pellets and could pierce through two vehicles, was not migrated over at all.
  9. HaxMax

Whyyyyyyy!? I'd even accept a gun that's worse than the basilisk just for some variety!
  10. HaxMax

Ok, maybe a gun worse than the Basilisk would partially defeat the purpose. I guess there are three reasons they should bring these ES turret options back: 1) to give the Sunderer half a chance when it runs into enemy armour, 2) to add some variety and flavour and afford players a more rewarding gameplay experience than using the tired old Basilisk, and 3) because the game assets already exist and the cost to the developers would be extremely low (just some tuning of damage, which could also be adjusted over time until they feel right).
  11. HaxMax