New Striker TTK Comparison between different launchers:

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Ztiller, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Ztiller

Target distance: 100m
    Vanguard and Lightning armor: Frontal Armor
    TTK Measurement from: First mouse-click.
    TTK Measurement in: Seconds
    Stock Magazine size/Ammo Reserve:
    • Stock Dumbfire: 1/4
    • Lancer: 6/24
    • New Striker 5/20
    • Phoenix: 1/4
    Vanguard............... TTK(Ammo Used)
    • Stock Dumbfire:... 45 (7)
    • Lancer Ch. 3:....... 55 (27)
    • Phoenix:.............. 55 (6)
    • Striker:............... 58 (30)
    • Lancer Ch. 1:....... 62 (45)
    • ES Lock-on:......... N/A
    ESF ......................... TTK(Ammo Used)
    • Phoenix:.............. ~4* (1)
    • Lancer Ch. 1:....... 11 (10)
    • Lancer Ch. 3:....... 13 (9)
    • ES Lock-on:......... 19 (3)
    • Striker:............... 19 (12)
    • Stock Dumbfire:... N/A (1)
    Lightning ............... TTK(Ammo Used)
    • Stock Dumbfire:... 32 (5)
    • Lancer Ch. 3:....... 35 (18)
    • Striker:............... 37 (22)
    • Phoenix:.............. 38 (5)
    • Lancer Ch. 1:....... 38 (30)
    • ES Lock-on:......... N/A
    *Phoenix TTK against ESF only account for Travel time of a single shot.
    *Ch. refers to Charge level of the Lancer.
    • Up x 2
  2. Tuco

So we have the low DPS of a badly used Lancer, the slow travel of a dumbfire, and the highest exposure time of the player using it. Awesome.

Why wouldn't I just use the NS anti air launcher that locks onto air, and can dumb fire, which is basically what the new striker does. It does almost 3 times the amount of damage.
    • Up x 11
  3. Chrispin

You forgot to mention that it also has the COF of a Saron. I'm exaggerating a little here, but it's very noticeable, which makes it just that much worse at being a long-range AV weapon. So if it doesn't have range, damage, or accuracy, then what does it have? It has the Coyote heat-seeking mechanic against only aircraft, which sounds great, but combined with slow rocket velocity you're better off with a G2A lockon. The G2A lockons also have better TTK against ground vehicles.
    • Up x 3
  4. Ransurian

It isn't a big deal. SoE is probably going to buff it before it hits live if it's indeed performing under par. It'd probably be good to go with a modest TTK / velocity buff.
  5. DatVanuMan

The Annihilator doesn't dumbfire...
  6. minhalexus

Phoenix and Dumbfires do not one-shot ESFs. Only puts it on fire. Of-course VR training isn't going to account that.

If the ESF pilot has fire-suppression he will survive, and if he is an engie there is some chances that he will survive without fire-suppression, by maybe performing the dart maneuver or landing and repairing.
  7. vsae

You can finish off with the pistol.
    • Up x 1
  8. Aggressio

In cases of Vanguard and Lightning, did you use ammunition belt, or do the TTK's include time to get ammo reloaded from nearby ammo pack?

Are you planning to do this for other targets as well?
  9. Ztiller

I used ammunition belt on Max rank.

I could, but i probably wont. It takes quite a bit of time and the general point is proven: The new Strikers DPS is not even remotely as bad as people asking for 2x, or even 3x the DPS pretends it is.

Imo, the Striker could use a Velocity buff, but really not much more. Maybe a very slight RoF increase, but max 10%. It's already got twice the velocity of a regular dumbfire, with the ability to lock onto aircraft.
  10. Aggressio

Ammunition belt vs. reloading the required missiles from an ammo pack could have significant impact on the TTK? 10 missiles more for Vanguard for example.

TTK isn't everything though and hitting sitting ducks on test server doesn't quite compare to the in game situations that you need to try to land all those missiles in. The difficult (or nearly impossible) part (as with the live Striker) is to land all the missiles.

The Biolabs will be beautiful though. All those missiles everywhere. Auraxium here I come :)
    • Up x 3
  11. Ztiller

Probably would be the same though. The ammo refills pretty much as fast as you can fire. But this way i could carry out the test solo. The amount of missiles required to kill would probably still be the same.

No, TTK isn't everything. You still need to hit the enemy, which is why i suggest a slight increase in velocity for the striker to compensate for the fact that you need to hit a large number of rockets. But you still need to be careful so that the TR don't end up with some god-of-everything striker again that shuts down everything in sight.

I doubt the Sttriker will be good in bio labs.
  12. Aggressio

I doubt it will be any good anywhere, but in Biolabs you can spray the thing at hordes of infantry and finally grind the Auraxium with it. There's bound to be few kills amidst all those assists.
  13. Ztiller

I don't know. It will be a great close air-deterrent weapon. IT gives very little warning and doesn't need to be locked on to hit. The Splash and direct damage is far too low to make it good against infantry.
  14. minhalexus

Not unless they have fire-suppresion.

Fire-suppresion is instant, it takes about 1 second to switch to pistol, additionally requires about 5-10 shots to finish it off.
    Any attentive pilot with Fire suppresion, should not be killed by a single heavy unless by a decimator or unless the ESF is already damaged.
  15. iller

That looks really strong to me considering they don't have to wait for the lockon...
    Most people seem to conveniently forget that Pod-Chavs & Banshee wh**** fly in patterns specifically chosen to AVOID lockon times by sweeping in several passes per minute. Often directly over spawn rooms. A lockon or any other RL for that matter does exactly ZERO dps to these types of ESF pilots. But 2 strikers and a little Small-Arms damage from other players could change that entire dynamic for camped T.R. and even let them take down some of the better Lib teams.

It probably needs a much faster lockon against Ground Vehicles though. (especially when it comes to Harassers)
  16. Chrispin

Despite not needing to lock on to vehicles, the automatic lock proximity of the Striker missiles is very small. It's surprisingly hard to land any hits on moving aircraft, making its range ridiculously short compared to ES lock-ons. Also the Striker missiles do not home in on ground vehicles at all.

So to sum it up:
    Advantages: able to damage hovering aircraft within about 100m or moving aircraft within about 30m
    Disadvantages: same DPS as the other ESRL, and short range due to low rocket velocity and small lock-on proximity

It has one small advantage and two big disadvantages.
  17. iller

Boy that reads like a scripting or physics bug then. Maybe they're not on the final pass of scripting it yet?
    Just giving it more Damage or faster ROF won't make up for a glaring issue like that.....
    • Up x 1
  18. Chrispin

I didn't mean literally that it wouldn't damage aircraft past 100m, just that it's near impossible to reliably hit them because they always move and there is a large COF on the Striker. But yea, past 100m and you will be lucky to land 1/5 of your rockets.

But what's weird is that it the Striker can't kill a Flash in one magazine when every other launcher can. Maybe the resistance values aren't coded in yet.
    • Up x 1
  19. Runegrace

Though in tradeoff to a dumbfire it loses anti-infantry/MAX potency and requires you to expose yourself more. It doesn't need the exponential power increases that some people are calling for, but I would like to see a 10-20% increase so that it can at least one-clip a Flash. Otherwise it's in a pretty good place with some possible further tweaks to things like projectile velocity after we see it on Live.
  20. iller

Yeah... well it's cause for concern either way. I've programmed Homing missiles, more specifically ones like these that shoot off multiple sub-entities per salvo. It's prone to a lot of weird things happening with the enumerating and forgetting to update pathing every tick. Getting the acceleration right to match the pathing can be even more of a struggle and sometimes what you thought was supposed to be 5th gear, is still stuck in 2nd....while it somehow forgets to turn when the target changed direction. Bit of a debugging nightmare....

200m would be a lot more reasonable without causing too much Chav Rage