[Suggestion] New Striker idea

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by SW0V, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Steza

Wonder if the wire guided rockets would be a switchable mode, like dumb fire to wire guided. Would feel awkward at first to have the only wire guided rocket launcher in the game. Though I can say it would be hard to abuse since people like me exist who can't hit a thing with wire guided AV mana turrets so would be a difficult rocket to use and would probably never see the light of day in my arsenal.

I do like the 4 direct hit to infantry to kill though, would the rockets be destroyable like the engineer and phoenix missiles?

Lastly you are great at explaining this all the devs should defiantly read through your posts.
    • Up x 2
  2. johnway

I wonder how effective it would be to have a sort of wind up mode to unleash a barrage of shots at once? Rather then one single hose of shells, they come in clumps dealing much more damage at a go. It does encroach in the VS charge up mechanism, but it could make things more effective. Hell, it might make fighting armor and aerial more interesting.
  3. SW0V

I originally didn't want there to be a dumbfire mode, but the more that I think about it, the more I'm starting to think that maybe it should be able to dumbfire from the hip. If it's doing SKEP amounts of damage, it should perform like the SKEP in CQC too. The SKEP can be dumbfired, so maybe the Striker should be able to too.

No. The only rocket in the game that can have its trajectory altered by enemy fire is the Pheonix. The AV MANA turret rounds cannot be affected in such a way and neither would the Striker rounds.

I agree that a 4 shot kill on infantry is balanced for how the Striker performs right now, but if you give the Striker a guidance mechanic, it will mean you'll be able to snipe infantry from miles away which would be broken. Removing the 50 splash damage would mean you would have to land all 5 rockets on an infantry to kill, which would be pretty hard at long range IMO (although this would need to be tested).

Do you mean like the original Spiker where the longer you charged it the more rounds came out of the burst?
  4. johnway

Maybe. I was thinking more the unreal tournament ability to load a certain number of rockets at once and fire them all at once. How it would work would be a bit dubious as it will require some extensive reworking. Perhaps a secondary mode needs to be flipped to enable it so its a more portable fire from the hip rocket launcher or something.

i suppose the other option is to turn the striker into a low grade grenade launcher that would either be crap or nerfed not long after implementation because it was so damn effective and everyone was using it.
  5. SW0V

I think this idea isn't bad but it's similar to the charge mechanic. The other problem is, in UT the rockets have a massive spread when you shoot multiple rockets, how will this work for PS2?

I don't know what you mean by this.

The devs have considered grenade launchers in the past and have concluded that they would be game breaking. I agree that they should not be introduced to auraxis especially as an empire specific weapon.
  6. Ryo313

besides that we have a grenade launcher attachment but that one is balanced ( very low ammo and huge reload time) and we don't need one as a weapon by itself
  7. johnway

Yeah, a spamfest of explosives will just ruin things. Hell, sticky and frag grenade-fest ( and i suppose rocket, tank shell, rocket pod, liberator rocket spam to some extent) we don't need another i suppose.