New spiker changes

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by gary the sewer hobo, Oct 21, 2014.

1. gary the sewer hobo

2. Ztiller

The chargeup mode is a pretty useless gimmick, but the Burst fire is good now.
  3. Edelhonk

ohh...its "good"

lets compare the new spiker with another of those little burst pistols...and it is also a 2-shot burster aka the NCs Desperado

RPM:
    Desperado: 500 / Spiker: 526

Damage:
    Desperado: 167 @ 8m...100 @ 50m / Spiker: 167 @ 10m...84 @ 60m (on 50m it does 100.6 aka 101 damage)

Reload:
    Desperado: 1,85 sec / 1.55 sec / Spiker: 1.845 sec / 1.53 sec

Ammo per Clip / Ammopool
    Desperado: 14 / 84 / Spiker 18 / 108

Accuracy Hip:
    Desperado: 1 / 1.5 / 1.5 / 2 / 0.24 / Spiker: 1 / 1.5 / 1 / 1.5 / 0.22

Accuracy ADS:
    Spiker: 0.6 / 0.6 / 0.6 / 0.6 / 0.12 / Spiker: 0.5 / 0.5 / 0.5 / 0.5 / 0.11

So tell me...what is the EXACT REASON why the Spiker should outperform the Desperado in nearly every catagory. The only downside on the Spiker is the lower damage beyond 50m..so what is your reason why the Spiker is balanced and should stay in its current PTS form??

to the Devs if they read that: reduce the damage per shot down to 143@10m / 100 @ 50m and the ammo down to 12/60 or 15/75 and the ammo charge shot consumes to 4 or 5 rounds
    • Up x 10
  4. Ztiller

This is pretty funny, since i have had frequently had to tell you guys to stop asking for straight upgrades for the last weeks.Straight upgrades is only fun when one faction gets it, isn't it?

Where did i say the new Spiker is balanced? Please link to the quote :)

Besides, it's still not as good as the Repeater.

Also, reducing the damage per shot is a big no-no. The 167 damage profile stays.

You guys just have to deal with the fact that the VS are finally getting a good sidearm for the first time since the game was released.
    • Up x 2
  5. Edelhonk

Ok...then it shouldnt be any problem if we add 300 m/sec to the bulletspeed of the Striker (200m/s for the fracture) and let the lockon also work vs ground vehicles like the magrider (i am fair...for that we remove 1 rocket and set it back to 5)...you only have to deal with it that TR finally get some good ESRL for long ranges
    • Up x 3
  6. zhesam

can someone notice in real life difference in 0.02 sec in reload time and difference in accuracy in that case, also what is you real RPM with Desperado?
    stop whine about OMFG another OP VS GUN - it doesnt even on live
    • Up x 1
  7. eldarfalcongravtank

"yo, VS get sumthin gud......... NURF IT! NURF IT NAO!!"

after two years of being stuck with useless ES pistols, VS finally get a solid sidearm and you already call for nerfs -_-* do you know the live Spiker? did you see how pathetic it is? how would you know with your insane-closequarter-beasts Repeater/AMP anyway?

it's not the first time an ES weapon is superior to other factions' equivalents either. oh and now you bring the Striker into this discussion, totally unrelated topic btw but yeah if you need to prove a point then go ahead. at least the Striker HAS A NICHE (man-portable coyote launcher). what does the current Spiker have? low dps, useless charge, useless everything. if it stays like that, then only because of ignorant forum whiners that dont want VS to get something useful
    • Up x 2
  8. minhalexus

Two changes should be made:-

1. Buff Desperado to 16 round mag.
    2. Nerf the Spiker's minimum damage range, right now it's 82@60m, it should be 82@50m.

And everything else is fine.

The one downside of the Spiker isn't really a downside cuz of the higher limit to reach minimum damage as compared to the Desperado.
  9. BBurness Developer

I was scratching my head on the RPM numbers you had; turns out Test still has some old data, internally the Spiker is at 432 RPM.

Also, last night I lowered the ammo capacity and clip size to match the Desperado; charge shots will consume four rounds.
    • Up x 10
  10. lNeBl

There's so much flashing going on you can't even see where you're shooting unless you strafe.
  11. gary the sewer hobo

That's a problem with VR training, for some reason weapons make impact particle effects at the barrel when fired downrange.
  12. Alkezo

One wonders when that annoying bug will be changed... :rolleyes:
  13. DxAdder

Just tried the current build on the PTS ,its hard to gauge but if the RPM is suppose to be 432 then we have the same dud it was before.

The Charged Shot thakes to long but i Luv the fact your target bursts into flames when you hit it! Cool particlae effects withstanding I still wouldn't buy the spiker in this form.
  14. Eyeklops

Could the spiker have 2 fire modes (V key)? Mode 1 works like a beamer, mode 2 charge up.

The impact effects are the incorrect rendering of the projectile splash effect on the invisible shield; The one that prevents you from running around on the firing range.
  15. gary the sewer hobo

It does, one is for burst fire, the other is single shot + charge.
  16. Narukai

dude just because the desperado is bad doesnt mean the spiker needs to be too. It should be reverted to what he said but the desperado needs a 2 round buff and the spiker needs a 10 meter max range nerf. The ROF should match or have a very slight favor for the desperado considering the faster reload and higher cap mag of the spiker.

Nerfing the spiker to desperado level is just making it useless again and ignoring another ESP that is bad as well. Nobody is going to use it if it doesnt stand out.
  17. sindz

Merging the RPM to be less than the desperado will again make the spiker useless. VS needs a on par burst firing pistol for oh **** & panic moments. Nerf the accuracy to match desperado and give it the same ammo capacity. But DONT nerf rpm to be subpar! You don't use a pistol for range it's so counter initiative that I'm almost crying: "let me pull out my subpar pistol for CQC for range - oh wait it's horrible at range because it's a pistol!"

We'll chalk it up for another useless vs pistol. All vs wants is a burst pistol that matches the other factions because they are kings at close range. Forget the bad charge up, 4x round burst or whatever useless ability that somehow must give a ton of downsides with no upsides what so ever.
  18. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Love the new Striker.
    Lowered firerate is a bummer, given the Desperado itself is so pointless, but the changes definitely give it a place.
    It's outright palatable now. Not a repeater, but I get along with TR having a better CQC pistol.
  19. MonnyMoony

Yep - It's pretty sad when a VS weapon can't even make it to the live server without people from other factions QQing about it :rolleyes:

The stats posted above are marginal at best - and only compare against one weapon (why no comparison against the Repeater). Unless the new Spiker suddenly becomes the best sidearm in the game, people really don't have anything to QQ about.

In fact - even if where to, by some miracle, become the best sidearm in the game - so what - there has to be one, so why can't VS have it? Arguably TR have had it for nigh on 2 years, perhaps it's time for somebody else to have a go.
    • Up x 2
  20. DatVanuMan

Okay then. You do realize that the VS has gone for almost THREE ACCURSED YEARS without a viable, unique, and effective pistol, right? Also, you compare it to a weapon that already has its stats fixed, so how do you know the Spiker will receive a smaller magazine or decreased fire rate?

P.S. But I must agree, the charge up requires significant improvement. There should be one charge up mode where you can semi-auto it and charge it up, and a second burst fire mode that is not affected by the charge.