[Suggestion] new special heavy weapons

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by reap200, Aug 25, 2015.

1. reap200

i feel like there needs to be a new heavy specialty gun for the TR and NC that fills the role of the lasher(suppressive splash damage), while also having a vanu specialty weapon that fills the role of the jackhammer and mini chaingun(awesome at killing enemies in CQC range), so here are my suggestions for each new gun.

TR new gun - T18 TAIG (terminal anti infantry gyro-jet) (placeholder)
    fire rate: 500RPM
    muzzle velocity:125
    max damage: 100 before 10 meters
    min damage: 50 after 50 meters
    max splash damage: 50 before 0.4 meters
    min splash damage: 30 after 3 meters
    short reload speed: 4.8
    long reload speed: 5.8
    magazine size: 100
    extended magazine size = 200
    accuracy: same as lasher, but bloom is 0.03 instead of 0.05
    description:
    the new T18 is a light infantry cousin of the pounder HEG, boasting a higher rate of fire and much larger magazine, at the cost of a much less deadly per shot payload.

NC new gun - NC12 coilburst
    fire rate: 150RPM
    muzzle velocity: 175
    max damage: 225 before 10 meters
    min damage: 195 after 70 meters
    max splash damage: 215 after 0.5 meters
    min splash damage: 70 after 3 meters
    short reload: 4.4
    long reload: 5.4
    magazine size: 35
    extended magazine size: 70
    hip accuracy:
    standing: still: 2.5
    move: 3.0
    crouching: still: 2.0
    move: 2.5
    ADS accuracy:
    standing: still: 0.07
    move: 0.14
    crouching: still: 0.04
    move: 0.08
    bloom per shot: 0.07
    description:
    genudine dynamics and auraxis firearms colaberation project, the coilburst, uses experimental ammunition that shatters and ricochets on impact, causing high damage when it hits a surface, and even higher damage when hitting a soft target.
    this is not finished yet, i tend to accedentaly baack out of pages so im saving it for now
  2. ALN_Isolator

So a kind of offshoot lasher? Doesn't work for me. How about a chaingun grenade launcher, because all TR secretly want this.
  3. reap200

update #1
    coil burst:
    min damage: 115 after 70 meters
    min splash damage: 50 after 5.5 meters

vanu new gun: meridian VX-11n (0.75X ADS movement multiplier)
    fire rate: 723RPM
    muzzle velocity:550
    max damage: 143 before 10 meters
    min damage: 112 after 50 meters
    short reload speed: 3.8 seconds
    long reload speed: 4.6 seconds
    magazine size: 40
    extended magazine size = 80
    hip accuracy:
    standing: still: 2.5
    crouching: still: 2.0
    move: 2.5
    ADS accuracy:
    standing: still: 0.1
    move: 0.35
    crouching: still: 0.1
    move: 0.3
    bloom per shot: 0.05
    description:
    the big brother to the zenith, the meridian has a larger battery and higher muzzle velocity than most carbines, while having a shorter reload speed, lower minimum damage, and more maneuverability than other LMGs.
  4. BluescalesNZ

Personally I'd rather see faction specific Heavy Assault anti vehicle weapons that aren't rocket launchers.

An underslung clip-fed autocannon for the TR. Full auto. Good for killing lighter vehicles and putting constant pressure on tougher ones. Has a small blast radius.
    Some manner of rail-cannon for the NC. Less ammo with longer delay between shots and practically no blast radius, but has better bullet velocity and range.
    A plasma cannon for the VS, with the ability to switch between burst fire or singular shots that do more damage with a bigger blast. Has the versatility of being able to perform like the NC or TR ones, but not as well as either. Also cool glowy bits.

This all being said, I do feel that there are more important things that the dev team need to address before adding any more new content to the game. Communication And co-ordination tools, lattice, continent locking etc. As much as I'd love some new dakka, if Planetside 2 underlying flaws aren't solved soon, I believe the game will continue it's current downward slide.
  5. reap200

true that there are some issues that should be higher on the chek list of things to do, i was just giving some suggestions for more faction specific weapons they could add in that each faction is missing right now
  6. ALN_Isolator

Why.... Would you even try to give vanu another .75 ADS LMG? In the middle of a fourmside drama about it no less!?!?
  7. reap200

now that you mention it its magazine size should be 40 instead of 60...
  8. ALN_Isolator

Noooooooo it's ADS speed should be .5 or lower! Have you learned nothing yet!?!?

OH NOES!!! THE REST OF FOURMSIDE IS COMING FOR YOU!!!!!! I TRIED TO HELP!!,!,11!!!!
  9. Steza

I got a few suggestions with 0 stats!

NC give them the belt fed grenade launcher with a lot slower fire rate and higher damage with maybe half the splash or 3/4 the splash of the lasher.

TR give them a mini pounder less damage, less splash but faster fire rate with again half or same splash as the lasher.

VS Now for a CQC weapon maybe give them a weapon that shoots auraxium crystal shards with a lot less accuracy the further it goes out. Make it similar to the mini chain gun the TR has no sights allowed only a rail attachments. So say 75-100 meters before they get drastically pulled down.
  10. Eternaloptimist

I'm not so sure there is a need to replicate the Lasher mechanic for other factions. or to give VS similar heavy weapons to the other factions. I may have been hit by a Lasher once or twice but I don't remember ever being killed by one - or frightened by it. I think each existing heavy gun has its own unique faction flavour and that is fine by me. Sure, some of them are more useful or popular (chaingun in particular) but then the same goes for ESRLs, where the NC win out (I think) because I can solo kill far more easily with the Phoenix than the other two.
  11. Zombo

wtf? you want to give TR and NC a Lasher and Vanu get.... another LMG? are you out of your mind?
    i for one want a Burst shotgun like the Jackhammer on my Vanu heavy pls , kthx
  12. reap200

how about a laser then?

VS-82 heliacal
    fire rate: 1500RPM
    muzzle velocity:1200 (max range of 120 meters)
    max damage: 100 after 2 seconds
    min damage: 50 before 1 second
    reload speed/overheat: 4.6 seconds
    magazine size: 150 (cooldown like vanu directive weapons)
    hip accuracy:
    standing: still: 3.0
    move: 3.5
    crouching: still: 2.5
    ADS accuracy:
    standing: still: 0.1
    move: 0.55
    crouching: still: 0.1
    move: 0.3
    bloom per shot: 0
    description:
    after many years of development and revisioning, the VS-82 heliacal has finally seen a breakthrough in its ability for sustained fire, though it still will overheat if firing for too long.
  13. Zombo

the game breaks with any weapon having over 1000 RPM
    also, you 'd still have the problem of everyone having a lasher, no one but NC having a Jackhammer and no one but TR having a MCG, join Vanu if you want to Lasher /thread
  14. Thardus

How about HA exclusive grenade launchers that replace their primary? Could bring them in from Planetside 1.
    VS could get the Radiator, a grenade launcher that creates pain fields (like standing too close to a spawn room). It would need an alternate fire mode that could deal damage more immediately, though.
    TR could get the Maelstrom, which shoots lightning, and also had chain lash grenades, which would be completely broken in PS2. They would do damage to everyone within a certain radius, then everyone within the radius of whoever they did damage to, and so on. Chuck a couple of those into a bio-lab, and you'd kill everyone there. Perhaps, instead, they could have it do more damage, the more people it hits?
    NC could get the Dragon, a flamethrower that could also fire out slow moving balls of flame that exploded when they landed on someone or something.

Then, to round it out, there could be the NS Thumper, a standard, bounce around corners Grenade Launcher.