New SMG is slightly overpowered.

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Puppy, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Puppy

When fighting in test server this new SMG seems a bit to powerful when fighting in combat. This is the conclusion after discussing with other test server players and fighting with or against them. Please thing about changing it before it goes live. (Because then people will buy it... And then it may never change. Such as AV Turrets.)
  2. MrIDoK

Some people i talk to say the opposite thing, others agree... I think they're balanced, as they're worse than the current SMGs at pure cqc, but better when you change quickly from cqc to short-mid range.
    • Up x 1
  3. Puppy

They seemed to be just as powerful as current SMGs or even more powerful. Though that's just from experience. I've never had issues killing someone with an SMG before this.
  4. Hypest

What are the stats for it? Why is it OP? What would you change?
  5. Psykmoe

The new SMG has 750 rpm with 125 max damage, making it the weakest CQC SMG. On the upside, it does its full damage out to 15m (20 with SPA) and only drops 2 tiers, to 100. In addition to having the lowest burst damage of all SMGs, it is also tied with the Armistice for second worst damage per magazine, slightly better than the Eridani.

Which basically means its like a carbine with really nice hipfire. Also, it is a carbine that does less damage than the VS stock carbine, Solstice (lol)

Most SMGs do comparable damage (in CQC) to the common 750rpm/143 damage weapons, give or take a few. NS SMG will do less than a 698rpm/143 damage weapon, but be a bit better at short-mid range (20-30m) than SMGs and slow carbines (Razor, T5 AMC, NS-11C)

However, please note that in that same area it still loses to all guns that only drop 1 damage tier, except maybe the Corvus, which fires uniquely slow for its damage tier.

It's basically a somewhat adequate (think VS starter carbine) at mid range, while sacrificing even more CQC damage than other SMGs, which are already on the low end of CQC damage compared to things like the Lynx, VX6-7, Serpent, GD-7F and a range of CQC ARs.

At no range does it do overpowering damage compared to other options, many of them free.
    • Up x 4
  6. Nobalification

Only next VS who hate something what comes but he don´t know what is in BETA is still BETA. And if something is OP just said it and stop writing something like this shi* ´´When fighting in test server this new SMG seems a bit to powerful when fighting in combat.´´
  7. Rogueghost

Overpowered? This thing is shaping up to be one of the most useless weapons added to the game.
    For its rof of 750 its max damage is a pathetic 125, the only other weapons in this game with bullet damage that low often have a rof 800 or higher to make up for it.

Its only redeeming quality is that its damage only drops to 100, making it decent outside cqc. But every single weapon that isn't a smg or shotgun outclasses it at this range. This weapon is trying to fill a niche that is already filled by weapons like the jaguar and the vx6-7 and is out classed by those weapons in both cqc and longer ranges.
    • Up x 1
  8. Regpuppy

I'll have to agree with Rogue. This new SMG is far from being overpowered. It's an SMG trying to be a carbine and failing miserably at it.
  9. Messaiga

I have to disagree. The NS SMG is pathetic at what it is trying to accomplish, which is basically trying to mimic a CQC Carbine. I suggested they lower the ROF to 698 RPM and increase damage per bullet to 143 because I believe, that this thing is going to be under-powered if anything. It'll take 8 bullets to kill any class without Nanoweave, 9 bullets for any class with Nanoweave 2 or higher, 10 bullets for any class with nanoweave 3 or higher, and against an HA with Nanoweave 5 and Resist Shields it will take a whopping 15 bullets to kill. At 750 RPM, that is just not acceptable of any weapon.
  10. Reskan

I think the low damage would be more palatable if the SMG had a quicker reload speed, which is usually the case for most of the NS weapons. Judging by the animations, you would think it reloads pretty fast when you're just tossing a magazine into the stock, yet it's somehow slower to reload than a TR SMG. That doesn't seem right.
  11. Consumer

Well, it surely isn't as or more powerful than current SMGs in close quarters. If you're having trouble, it just means that the opponent you are fighting is more powerful than you.

For me, this weapon would benefit from higher accuracy rather than damage to maintain a lower DPS with higher reliability. Although, in its current state, I think it is one of the best options for Infiltrators for consistency in close-medium range. That is, somewhere between the current SMGs and automatic scout rifles, which is probably intended. But as people have mentioned, it quite a pitiful weapon otherwise.
  12. TeknoBug

That's how SOE intends to do it, push a new OP weapon and then nerf its effective range a couple months later after they've made enough money from it.
  13. Eclipson

Its actually one of the worst weapons iv'e seen added to the game. Its an extremely confused weapon. Instead of dominating in CQC like a SMG should, its medicore in CQC, and medicore at medium range. Its basically a really really bad carbine. The only class you would ever consider using the thing on is the infil, but even then, you would be better off with the other SMGs.
  14. Consumer

Oh please, shut up with that ridiculous alleged conspiracy already. I swear, the ubiquity make it a completely accurate means to identify the idiots.

Not to mention you ignored literally every other comment except the original poster's just to act angry enough to belong. But that's not going to stop you from playing the game, is it? Because not even you believe the crap you spread.
    • Up x 2
  15. Epic High Five

100 damage minimum/125 max? Sounds like a worse Cyclone :D
  16. LibertyRevolution

NS SMG is by far the worst SMG.
    It is an SMG that wants to be a carbine, and comes out bad at being both.
    It fire rate is to slow to be an SMG, and its damage is to weak to be a carbine.

It is an Armistice with 200RPM slower fire rate.. :confused:

The NS SMG needs a fire rate buff to 825RPM.
    • Up x 1
  17. Van Dax

I'd rather they release it UP than OP and buff it later rather than nerfing.
    • Up x 3
  18. LibertyRevolution

All SMG test in VR, point blank, center mass, adv laser and softpoint ammo on all:
  19. ShumaKun

They should make it like 2nd tier smgs by adding 50 round mag to make it useful for other class then infiltrator
  20. OddChelsea

I want to like it because of it's extremely badass design and animations BUT my blitz and cyclone, armistice and sirius are all better in the SMG role than this thing is. You can still kill enemies at nearly the same distance with the 50-60 round SMGs, it just takes a few more bullets, which they have plenty of.