New shotgun

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Newlife1025, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Newlife1025

So I'm on my road to 1,000 certs again. I've been really interested in getting a new shotgun. Possibly a pump action. As nc, I'm wondering which is better. Or should I just skip shotguns altogether. If so, I'm going towards the power knife, just cause. Any advice is great
  2. Campagne

With the recent shotgun changes, I'd personally say that if you had to get a shotgun you should go for the Piston auto-shotgun. That said, the Carver can be quite handy sometimes and can even be used by stalkers.
  3. LaughingDead

I'd look at other things. CQ weapons are great in CQ and mid if you aim well enough.
  4. Valenz

Currently the automatic shotguns are the only ones in the weapon type to remain true to their CQC nature. In NC's case it's the piston (Unless I'm mistaken).

The power knife (Carver for NC) can be fun to use but requires the situation to present itself rather than to create it.

If I were you, I'd probably look at other things x2
  5. Eternaloptimist

Early days yet, but the only thing I notcied about the new shotties is a bit longer effective range if you ADS. Haven't tried pumps or autos though - just the default shotties and the Baron (still got 2HK hip fire at close range and aimed 3HK at 10 metres...sometimes 2HK if the guy isn't maxed armour).
  6. LaughingDead

Update on this:
    Pumps are actually slightly more tolerable.
    Due to removal of the origin point system and no hip or pellet spread changes, pumps are actually viable and has some SOME small differences. Namely, if your target has nanoweave and aux shield, bruisers total damage can kill them, claw is just shy if all pellets hit on both. I need to test that again.

Claw has 1250 damage total, bruiser is 1375, neither will one shot a heavy which is your most common enemy but they will be more accurate from hip than before.

The thing is that your damage starts to drop at 5 meters, which is hardly anything in PS2 messed metric system, so a guy slightly out of reach with max nano could still live even if all pellets hit, say at 8 meters, or 10 or etc, I haven't checked when the slights of damage decay into ********, I should've killed that guy. I suggest you try VR or better yet, ask a friend to get on PTS and help you with testing damage.
  7. Newlife1025

Im on ps4 so the nerfs haven't touched us yet. Also, i bought the claw and it is great. Im sneakier now knowing how risky, rewarding it is
  8. Mojo_man

Also, small bonus (If you're the type to care about this sort of thing): The Claw and Bruiser both sound harsh. They sound metallic and brutal. Like you could cut trees down with the things.
  9. Newlife1025

That's it cuts planetmen like a chainsaw through paper
  10. Anonynonymous

11. Newlife1025

CLAW
  12. Mojo_man

If you're really falling in love with the Claw, pick up the Bruiser sometime. It's nearly identical, fires one more pellet, but cycles shots .1 seconds slower. Uses a different weapon model as well. But those are the only differences.
  13. Iridar51

Stay away from shotguns unless you like their overall theme. They don't do anything particularly better than any other CQC gun.

Pump Actions specfically are balanced around one-shotting people, so they got ****** stats like Reload Speed and Refire Time. The problem is, unless given ideal conditions, they are not likely to actually one shot, and if you need more than 1 shot, literally any weapon is better, including most pistols.

EDIT: Seems you already got the Claw. Good luck, you're gonna need it.
  14. xXGenesisXx

Power Knives are awesome . Just Auraxed mine and i only have it like 2 weeks or less. Its really hard to master but when you do ..... Its like playing completely different game . You should try it.
  15. Newlife1025

Already got the claw and i gotta say, that thing is an absolute beast
  16. Ziggurat8

There is one thing they do better. They hit crazy lag wizards dancing a jig.

I've emptied entire 50 round magazine SMG's at guys 15m away doing the sprint in a super tight circle while reloading or using a medkit and hit nothing but air. It's like Matrix level bullet dodging shenanigans. A shotgun just tears them apart, can't dance your way out of the spread as easily as you can dodge bullets.