New Rocket launcher for TR is OP(read this developers)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Navoletti, Mar 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Navoletti

i see the video and this rocket launcher destroy a vehicles in seconds.

vanu rocket launcher is sh... not much damage and of nc is very bad...in the moment of you folow the enemy with the bomb die easy.

what think the other people,TR have much advantages with this rocket launcher auto-aim in seconds and multiple shots.

sure destroy all typers of vehicles normal and of air very easy...

vanu and new conglomerate need auto aim and multiple shots.

sorry for my basic english.

TR auto aim in 0 seconds and multiple shots
    NC camera guided rocket
    VS ???? very por rocker launcher...need wait for shot and not have guided control or auto aim fast.

with this more people quit of vanu and i think take this decisión....more product nice for other factions.
    • Up x 1
  2. Dusty Lens

I feel that your post should have been written either in all caps or with occasional breaks into randomly capitalized words. The lowercase and basic punctuation really don't work with the air of hysteria.

Sir! The video we witnessed was a baseless promotional video that had no bearing on balance. Furthermore devs have posted to that fact expressing that the content of that video is not going to be indicative of the end product.

Hold your breath and make an assessment after pulling the trigger.
    • Up x 20
  3. Locke

and it begins...;)

Maybe we should wait until the launchers come out in their final state (which will not be what you saw in the video) before claiming something is OP. I can see many ways all of those launchers could be overpowered but until we see the end result of the balancing process is there is no point discussing what may be.
    • Up x 8
  4. ABATTLEDONKEY

that video was poorly done, and does not demonstrate much of anything. wait until the final products come out before making these kinds of posts please. that video was also showing incomplete launchers. the damage scale may be different from those videos upon release.

Also, the TR launcher video was edited. in the video it looked as though 3 rockets killed a vanguard from the side. in reality, it looks more like 8 rockets, but the video showed the TR guy shooting 2 rockets, then cut to the final rocket shot that destroyed the tank. Again, its probably best if we all just wait until these things are released before we start talking about how great they are.

Also your English was fine :) bit rough but better than most who dont speak English as their main language. .....heck it was better than most internet dwellers who DO speak English as their primary language.
    • Up x 1
  5. Navoletti

yes but the auto aim have very fast of new rocket launcher of TR,with my anhilation i need wait aprox 10 seconds for shot.

see the other new rocket launcher of other factions need wait the charge for shot or folow the enemy objetive with danger of receive a death easy.
  6. Viper279

YES why does every one complain about certain weapons before they are even released it simpler to wait test then form you own opinion on the weapon i like the look of the lancer and the phoenix but instantly hopping on the nerf cry is stupid they were previewing it to show what they were doing it could be completely different when the bring it out my only grip is not actually showing the cam guided rocket they show it for less then a second which isnt helpful
  7. Navoletti

in case of they not modify the new rocket launcher of TR,the other rocket launcher need balance,is a very advantage have auto aim in 0 seconds.
  8. TheBloodEagle

The video was obviously cut up and gave a false impression. The TR are getting a bit shafted with this. VS and NC get an actual unique launchers that don't warn the enemy while TR get another ******* lock-on launcher with just "MOOOOAR MISSILES". Each one will be weak but the damage will add up but so what, it's just a rehash of what we have already rather than something different.

I'm not sure how you think the TR one is OP but a camera guided rocket isn't. Can you not imagine how insanely advantages that is? Plus you'd still have access to the other dumbfire and lock launchers, a.k.a. variety.

Damn, I fell into the ranting trap, even as they haven't come out yet.
  9. VanuSovereignty

Luperza even said in the video that they weren't finished with the launchers. Take the complaining elsewhere.
    • Up x 2
  10. Navoletti

oh well i not understood english.i need read XD but they change the auto aim in 0 seconds?is a very advantage for TR.
  11. Viper279

one thing that unique about your rocket launcher is that it has a clip and fires first yea not sure about the lock on thing didnt they say they were trying to implement at constant lock on thing so it not fire and forget which tells me that you gonna need a clear line of sight to hit it?
  12. Dusty Lens

I can assure you that the TR launcher will not instantly lock and destroy a Vanguard in 1.2 seconds.

At least not until after the first thousand units ship.

Do ho. (You know I love you SOE.)
  13. Navoletti

and what is the advantages of vanu rocket launcher?
    • Up x 1
  14. TheBloodEagle

Either way sounds like bad news in actual combat. Stat wise it might be great but that means we'd be more exposed while either having to wait for maybe a long lock on then fire/forget or having to be constantly locked on rather than the VS being able to hit & run quick most likely and NC being able to have some cover between them as to avoid being in clear sight.

I think they should of just made the TR one work like the Engineer AV turret, cursor guided for all the missiles. I think that would of been a better balance.
  15. Navoletti

TR auto aim in 0 seconds and multiple shots
    NC camera guided rocket
    VS ???? very por rocker launcher...need wait for shot and not have guided control or auto aim fast.
    • Up x 1
  16. sustainedfire

Massive damage, with no warning. And it should have a nice laser beam effect !
  17. TheBloodEagle

Yeah, even though I don't play VS (DEATH TO VANU!), I think their beam should be different, like a laser instead. I hope the one in the video was just a placeholder (same as the other launchers). I think if they keep what it is now it'll make a legitimately interesting launcher feel rather unsatisfying .
    • Up x 1
  18. Olek

LOL
    Thats all right then, the NC have the SplatterMAX and the TR now have the gatlin rocket launcher :)
    • Up x 1
  19. Dubious

Apparently SOE did not think it were enough whine on the forum since they intentionally made a edited video and posted it as real..
    • Up x 1
  20. sustainedfire

Yes, when I was watching the video with the Lancer, the announcer was commenting "it will have a nice laser particle effect" - and then it fires and its the same standard VS effect...

Its been said that was a placeholder, and a new effect will be put into place.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.