New Player, Some tips please!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tocaefoge, Apr 16, 2015.

1. omfgweeee

Here is my video about all NC carabines available. Tips are not exactly for newbies but you will get main idea behind every carabine.

Read the info of the video, some useful information in coments in youtube and in this forum video thread. Both links are in video description.

Video is fresh is not outdated.

Dont pay attention to my overuse of suppresor. Suppresor it self bring many negative effects - slowing your bullet velocity and lower your min/max dmg range. Its not recommendet to use it.

P.S. Overall for LA i suggest stay with mercenary and grenade bandol. Priority must be last level jump jetpack, then 2x c4 , then nano armor t and then u can buy new weapon :)

For HA if you looking for new weapon GD22S or EM6. GD22S is my fav NC LMG (and super cheap)
  2. Iridar51

C4 doesn't stick to players anymore, this feature was removed in Aug 2014 patch.
  3. Vixxing

Well... a good newbie-tips is also to upgrade engineer-tool a bit, and be gunner in tanks/libs/harassers, u get to use gear for thousands of certs for free and learn a lot... (watch a movie or 2 about the guns you will use and try them in VR, upgrade repair-tool to help with repairs!)
  4. The Rogue Wolf

...awwwwwwwwww. :(
  5. Kentucky Windage

Get with an OUTFIT. I can't stress this enough. Rolling rogue in this game is brutal. Find a good group of players and learn the game. It's a great game and has huge potential. Value the advice that is given by all of these wonderful players. Most are Veterans with great reps and huge knowledge pools. Avail yourself of their experience and most importantly there is never ever a stupid question. The only stupid questions are the ones you don't ask. Enjoy your time here. Should I ever see you all dressed up in Blue and Gold I'll be sure to say hello with my LC3:D

PS. Youtube has boatloads of videos on PS2.
  6. DrBash00

1. Get a good Outfit. (Like Vantablack on Miller if you speak German)
    2. Watch Youtubevideos from skilled players, like mattiace, wrel, joshino or last but not least myself ;-)
    3. Keep going, because you start with an all unequipped soldier it is absolutely normal to get farmed a lot in the Beginning :p

------------
    About your questions...

With lights assault go for the "normal" jetpack, it is in most situations very usefull. Get 2 packs of c4 as soon as you can grap some.

And do NOT buy any of the 1000 cert weapons, because weapons are DIFFERENT but NOT BETTER, only in single situations weapons are better but at the cost of other situations.

So spend your certs for c4, maby upgrates for the standart weapon...

Same on the NC sniper, the standart one is pretty ok, and as a new player you should go with it. ;-)
  7. Klabauter8

If you use LA then stick to your C4. C4 faeries can be very effective. You also need some extra ammo since you often sit on roof tops away from the engies.
    Otherwise, just be very careful. Pay attention to the battle flow if you don't wanna die. If it seems like your team has no real chance, just retreat a bit or search for a different fight.
  8. XanIves

If you don't like Icarus Jump Jets, don't read this post, it'll only upset you.

As someone who really didn't like the LA due to the jetpack being severely underwhelming in terms of enjoyability, I love running with the Icarus jump jets now. It feels more like a boostpack, than a flightpack, which is really fun. You can just blast straight up super fast, and rank one gives you the same fuel and flight time as max rank, the only thinmk affected by upgrading it is increased charge rate.

The downside is you can't cross gaps as easily or quickly, or stop falls from great heights. It's also horrible for c4 delivery. If you like the titanfall movement system, you would like the Icarus.