New player looking for an outfit to hook me up & have fun :-)

Discussion in 'Miller (EU)' started by Ympker, Apr 24, 2016.

1. Ympker

Hello there,
    I am Ympker, an 19 y/o student from Germany and I am new to the game Planetside 2. I have played various FPS before though (CS 1.6, CS:GO, Combat Arms, BF 3, SWBF2, Crossfire, AVA...). I am looking to play Planetside 2 because I love MMO's and the idea of a world that is constantly changing and evolving only due to actions caused by the players is something that excites me :) Without knowing much about the game there couldn't be another faction than the NC for me.. Why is that, you may ask?
    Well anyone who has seen the movie "Space Pirate Captain Harlock" probably knows the answer to this question.
    Ask yourself "What are you fighting for?". You will come to understand that the only correct answer is
    "For Freedom"!

[IMG]

Impossible? The word itself says it isn't. Immortal? I'd like to put that name to the test!
    If you are the outfit I am looking for, you probably are:
    - Crazy
    - Efficient
    - Active
    - Ambitious
    - (Newcomer) Friendly
    - Either English or German speaking
    - TeamSpeak 3
    - A modest CoC

Well, I guess I should tell you a little bit about myself now, should I?
    - I am 19 y/o student from Germany
    - I am basicly online daily (mostly evening and prolly 2-4h)
    - I am playing lots of games e.g. LoL, CS:GO, TERA, Tibia..
    - I love anime < 3
    - As a hobby I am doing sports, learn Unix Sysadmin tasks, do website coding..

I would love to find a community that will hook me up with the game and offer me a place to stay!

I was/am part of the following communities which however don't offer PS2 anymore (actively or at all):
    - Jianji (EU Miller)
    - KonvictGaming

Kind regards,
    Ympker

2. Sovereign533

Jianji used to be a friend outfit of us. They stopped? That is a shame to hear.
    We aren't the 1,5 platoon outfit we used to be. But we field about 2 squads during operation nights (Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday). And we have active members throughout most of the day.

:p I don't know how crazy 'crazy' is. But you're more then welcome to apply for our outfit on https://wasp-inc.com/forums/divisions and then select "Planetside 2". You can also see a list of other games where our multigaming community has an active community. Other then that we also other games that members play together.

As with newcomer friendly, we welcome new members and new players to the game. Our philosophy is that the game can be learned, but good company can't. So for us your character is more important then ingame ability. As long as you follow the orders. If you're willing to listen, we're willing to teach. And of course, if you want to lead squads you get that oppertunity and support and cooperation you would need.

If you have any other questions, give me a poke on these forums, ingame or register on our forums and open a new thread.

If we aren't what you are looking for I hope you find what you ARE looking for.

-Sov
  3. Who Garou

I'm on Emerald, but I think the best way to find a good outfit is to join random squads lead by outfits when you generally want to play and get a feel for which outfits are up and running when you want to game and see which one of those seems to be the best fit.

All the better outfits don't seem to mind if you join them, quit, go check out other outfits, and later come back to join theirs again because you decide that you have a better time playing with them.

Good luck finding a great outfit.
    The time it takes to find a good one is well worth it.
  4. Ympker

@Sovereign533 Heya and thanks for your reply :) I parted ways with Jianji quite a while back but still have contact with some of the members there although not from the PS2 section. Anyway their PS2 section on TS seems to be always kinda empty and not very active anymore. I will be back from my travels at around May 10th so I will check you guys out around then^^ Sounds very fun so far though!

@Who Garou With random squads Ive had the experience that most don't answer nor acctually use voice chat or any comunication type at all which doesn't make this look like a good point to start with (for me atleast).
    • Up x 1