New patch my game now uses my CPU instead of GPU

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by SikVvVidiT, Sep 4, 2015.

1. SikVvVidiT

Title says it all, I changed nothing.. Nothing at all on my end... Only thing that has changed is this "Patch" and now I am freezing up randomly...

What gives Daybreak?

Anyone else having this issue?
  2. Danath

Opposite, I was CPU bounded, now is GPU.

After the big patch, my fps had increased and game was playing smoother than ever. With the hotfix, my fps just drop by 20-30 each 2 seconds.

Operating System: Windows 7
    CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965
    Video Card: AMD Radeon 6800 HD

Funny thing, a week ago a player with a rather high end computer, with Nvidia graphs and Intel CPU, told me he was having the same issue.
  3. deathwish200k

i cant even load into the game i get to 100% then black sceen
  4. CMDante

I was playing the new patch fine until about 2 hours ago my FPS dropped to about 10-16. Tried validating files and all of that, nothing helped.
  5. Bindlestiff

Running faster than ever here - and the closing terminals framerate drop bug / issue is no longer present for me.
  6. SouthFork1

Same. FPS is unplayable for me now.
  7. CMDante

I ended up fixing my issue by validating through Steam then the launcher, after that I just restarted my PC and it worked fine from then on.
  8. AlbertoBI

I have the same issue. After the last patch cant even see the map at first. The game hung up loading at 100% after choosing my character. When I press Ctrl+Alt+Supr to return to desktop, the process PlanetSide2_x64 is getting 50% of cpu.
    After some seconds it crasses.
    [IMG]

Before the last patch I played normally
  9. AlbertoBI

After 2 updates, still having the same problem. I restored defaults, uninstall and reinstall the game. Nothing works.
    I feel I have wasted my money buying items I cannot use now.

Windows 7; Core 2 Duo E7200; 8 GB RAM Dual; nVidia Geforce 9800 GTX+
  10. Pfundi

Some people say that the game doesnt work with dual cores any more, but I dont know.
  11. Mr.IRB

I do not know that there did the developers, but a month ago I was playing quietly in the PS2. (96+ battles in my FPS was almost stable ~ 60, he is now in 48+ jumps in spurts ... 25-40) tested for 2 operating systems win 8.1 (the game is choppy - unplayable) win 7 (game goes smoothly and you can at least somehow play)
    Battlefield4 in all excellent - 60 fps at medium-high ...
    -amd fx6300
    -hd6850
    -8gb ram
    -old hdd ...
  12. AlbertoBI

Core 2 Duo is not the same that Dual Core, it's better. Anyway if I was playing I don't not what the developers have made but not to improve the game if there are many people who now can not play.
  13. ZDarkShadowsZ

Core 2 Duo IS a dual core.
  14. Pfundi

You dont say xD (no offense bro)
    I think he wanted to say something completely different but used Google Translate.
  15. ZDarkShadowsZ

He said it's not the same. So I was simply pointing out that they were both dual core and so therefore, they are the same. That was all.
  16. AlbertoBI

i3 have two cores so therefore are dual core and the same? No offense.
    Although Core 2 Duo is newer than Dual Core that is not the objective of the forum.
    What if I have Pentium D? Before the update I played and spend money to improve the character. I don't understand that the game is optimized for some players with high end computers but leaving out other.

(Obviously English is not my first language, so I apologize if I'm wrong)
  17. Pfundi

I was just joking because you were saying something so obvious :)
    Well, theres that one guy with two Gtx 970s complaining as well so I dont think its only low end PCs (I personally never had problems what so ever). But for now all you can do is contact the support or wait.
    https://dgcissuetracker.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa?selectPageId=10600 (you most probably need to create a new account there)
    The link leads you to the game issue tracker, there you can send your problem (more or less) directly to the Devs.
  18. sIcGER

i play the game with a 9800 gt, 8gb ram, i5 3470, win7 - not so high end :D
  19. AlbertoBI

Thanks so much for the link. I'll be aware of that.

Seems they have been increased minimum requirements. Now recomended and minimum requierements are the same except for RAM https://www.planetside2.com/faq.
    http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/CYRI/Requirements/planetside-2/11448?p=r#min
    http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/CYRI/Requirements/planetside-2/11448?p=r#rec

Hope thet rectify.
  20. Pfundi

Well 8GB give a major boost over only 4GB without even touching the CPU. However Im way way way below minimum and I still can play