New Patch, Massive Bugs, FacePalm

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DeadlyPeanutt, Sep 4, 2015.

1. DeadlyPeanutt

Random disconnects of whole contenients, Game won't start, Sundies lock up... wow, great patch boys
  2. CorporationUSA

The game probably won't start because they are doing server maintenance right now.
    • Up x 1
  3. Antillie

I am actually rather hopeful that the update will fix the constant and frequent crashes to desktop that I get on my desktop PC that starting occurring just after Windows 10 went RTM and installed a new Nvidia driver.
  4. Beerbeerbeer

Prior to the most recent take down, I couldn't redeploy after a continent got locked.

I had to completely exit the game.
  5. Ginjix

Pretty sure disconnects have been intentional as they try to fix the bugs.
  6. DeadlyPeanutt

I didn't know that because there was no notice on the launcher.
    The game started to launch, then quit. No notice of server maintenance, just start and quit.

Rather than just allow their game to quit and frustrate gamers, the respectful and smart thing to do would be to post a notice that said, 'Sorry, we're doing maintenance right now, it should be done in one hour, or two or whatever'
    • Up x 1
  7. Jubikus

There isnt a single game thats online thees days that doesn't break a ton of **** with a patch that adds to the game. the only ones that dont always break the game in some way are the bug fix patches. I mean **** Halo master chief collection came out how long ago still has issues?

This type of thing is just something that can only be planned for to a certain degree thees days the PTS and Live servers arnt the exact same so even if it works perfectly on PTS it still not likely to work that well on live. I mean hell Blizzard games still always break crap maby not as bad but they have a way way bigger team for quicker fixes plus they have had alot of experience since they have been having bad patch days for almost 10 years now.
  8. CorporationUSA

I agree. They should also say what they are doing, so people will not speculate about hotfixes and whatnot.
  9. Jubikus

Yeah a notice would have been nice.
  10. DeadlyPeanutt

lol, seriously?

kicking a whole continent full of gamers in order to fix bugs...
    what a wonderful way to treat your player base
  11. Zar

found your first issue you are using windows 10 before the first server pack release. NEVER use any windows version before the first service pack
  12. toast2250

13. ALN_Isolator

Glitch where you hold your gun with your crotch was the latest one before Connery went down for maintenance.
  14. Peebuddy

Only one bug that's really annoying for me, the skull and crossbones above dead bodies telling you they're dead is missing. That's so frustrating and you'd be surprised how similar each factions dead bodies look like, It's like I'm a mine sweeper going back and forth across the ground.

*Beep* *Beep* *Beep*

We've got a live one over here!!
    • Up x 2
  15. DeadlyPeanutt

I was playing earlier today on miller after the patch

the whole alert continent crashed several times, during the alert, kicking all players
    and, when i logged back in, there was no extra XP being awarded on the alert continent (usually a 30% boost)

wow, the mind boggles
  16. DeadlyPeanutt

lol...

I play engie and the little wrench symbol has been appearing over maxes that are fully repaired.
    then other maxes run up and crouch at my feet like sad puppies, but don't have a little wrench above them, but are almost dead
  17. Ginjix

Yup, has happened at least 3 times today, probably more. The first time there was no warning for some reason, but the other 2 at least gave us 15 min warnings before they took it down.
  18. CorporationUSA

If the game is this buggy after such a small update, imagine how buggy it will be with the ANT update :confused:
  19. Cheetoh

Oh I see what you did there. haha
  20. DeadlyPeanutt

I was finally able to get in this morning. Played 15 minutes or so, no disconnects.

well done! ---> not sarcastic at all :)