[Suggestion] New NSX Bolt Action

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zagareth, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Zagareth

Well this Rifle should follow the optical style of all NSX weapons

12x Scope (at most, too keep it a challenge to hit a head over 700m)
    450 to 400 damage
    Muzzle Velocity of 750
    Magazine size 1 (not really a Magazine, just 1 in chamber)
    all the usual stuff...

But, Headshot Modifier of 3

So what is the difference?
    It wont be any good in short and mid range and at body shots, also not good in repeating shots (long reload because of only 1 shot magazine)
    But it excels in Headshots at every range, killing everyone WHEN you are able to hit the head. There is no difference in HS kills to any other BA upto 250, but beyond that it can still kill people by hitting the head.

Usual BAs still have their advantage in faster firing and body shot damage at lower distances, while this gun is only for the high range sniping experts.
  2. DarkStarAnubis

It looks like extending the Tomoe concept to sniper rifles.

As NSX weapon it should not cause too much outrage.

However at 350m distance a 700 m/s rifle takes half a second to reach the target. It is an eternity is PS2 world. Either you are after 100% stationary target or you are in for a lot of misses.
    • Up x 1
  3. Ziggurat8

The NSX VTermVanquish. Just needs 1 more trait. No tracer lines.
  4. LordKrelas

That Tracer is so there isn't bullets from long range plinking, letting you know someone missed, and it wasn't an assault rifle.
    As well, lets you get a reasonable idea before you die to it, that a sniper is firing.
  5. Zagareth

Long Range sniping is nothing for the casual sniper. You need some kind of muscle memory and spatial imagination - which you only get by sniping with the same gun hours and hours - to hit people in the head over a certain distance while they move. And of course some kind of talent for it.
    Got no talent? Better keep on playing SkyKnight and stomp poor infantry in the ground with AG rockets :D (no offense, just a general note to everyone)
  6. CaptCran

All I can say is they better put this thing in service quick because I'm 161 kills away from having all TR sniper rifles AURAXIUM'd. Need something to fill the void o_O
  7. Eternaloptimist

And this, I think, is the point. IIRC the NSX weapon range was originally billed as being meant to present more of a challenge for the experienced player. Longer effective range, high MV, just one chance to hit before reload..............but bigger kill potential for pin point shooting.

Not sure it will help you there - it'll contribute to the NSX weapons directive won't it?
  8. Demigan

Considering he already has enough weapons auraxiumed to finish the directive, all he's after is another weapon to snipe with that he hasn't auraxed.
    • Up x 2
  9. breeje

did not all sniper rifles do that before they got nerfed in range?
    it would make no sense to first nerf the rifles and then bring a new model to do what the old ones did
    and those long range snipers are just cowards who want to keep there stats up, so why give them a ******* long range rifle?
    so they can kill the few new players and kamp terminals
    no thanks, stupid idee, move on
  10. CaptCran

Oh yea baby! Keep the 200 certs flowing to complete a gun. Pointless to keep a gun after you max'd it out unless you're a try hard that has a hard on for K/D and a specific weapon.
    • Up x 1
  11. Demigan

Well, I have 5000+ kills on my Gauss Compact S and 4500 kills on my Sweeper... But that's because I used those two weapons in the early days of PS2. You got 100XP per kill and no bonusses, and even vehicle kills got you 100XP. It was nigh impossible to get certs so I stuck with the weapons that got me results and didn't waste any on new weapons.

Now though... Look at my signature: Every Carbine auraxium, every LA shotgun auraxium, and well on my way of auraxiuming the last 2 SMG's :)
  12. CaptCran

Finished the sniper rifles today. :confused:
    TSAR-42 rocked my world with quick reload making it hard to go back to the big boy rifles.....
    • Up x 1
  13. Demigan

Congrats! Now on to the small-boy rifles: Carbines, SMG's, shotguns! If you can be a stealthy guy with an LA, your Infiltrator skills will improve tremendously!
    • Up x 1
  14. CaptCran

SMG's (except the Tengu 924 kills) and carbines are in the bag. Shotguns 2/3 the way done. LMGs are going to be the pain for me.... The fun part is going to be when I start living in the vehicles and aircraft to work on those guns:eek:
  15. Zagareth

let me guess, there is an epeen contest actually happen? Probably with someone I ignored, so it looks like you are talking to yourself :D