New NS tank revealed - Multi crew maybe?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Cowabunga, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Cowabunga

The epic sheep dog has finially been revealed! The herd will be unstoppable!! :D
    • Up x 1
  2. Cowabunga

To be honest though - This vehicle will most likely be a continent specific one and also tied to an event. It will probably (Like the mega mech they mentioned earlier last year) Require multiple crew to run and either function as an objective for other factions to destroy. Hopefully we will get more meta out of ideas like this.
  3. Tenebrae Aeterna

Gorgeous tank, hopefully it's a three to four person as others have requested.
  4. Nintyuk

To give you a idea of It's scale those round nubs above the front treds are secondary weapon mounting points, e.g. that's were the Basilisk turrets go.
  5. Goretzu

I suspect it will just go the way of the PS1 BFRs though. :(
  6. Zinus

For all we know it can also be slow and tanky (NC trait) and shot pew pew lazors (VS trait) all in one big package :D!!!

P.S. looks interesting, more variety more fun.
  7. Tenebrae Aeterna

Greetings to the glorious Terran Republic!

Where your Terran Republic overlords failed you, Nanite Systems designed the perfect tank for your every day needs. Now, we know what you're thinking; "Why provide to the New Conglomerate and Vanu Sovereignty with this tank if it was catered to suit our needs?!" Well, it's funny you should ask because we wondered the very same question and believe that we have a publicly safe answer. By providing this new mechanical marvel to all three factions, the feedback we gain will provide us significant information to design an incarnation even better suited to your personal needs. The more information we have, the better we can help ourselves help you!

So, we do hope that you understand this critical process in our design methodology and enjoy the first model with with eager dreams towards the final design specified to spreading the glory of the Terran Republic across Auraxis!

Greetings to the glorious New Conglomerate!

Are you ready for the most imposing tank upon Auraxis, geared towards the specifications of absolute strength and total annihilation...which we all know fits with the NC sense of style?!

...what? We didn't switch channels yet... Contact our PR representative immediately.

*Holding Music*

• Up x 2
  8. ThaTrip

I don't want to see NS vehicles.

Just do it like this;

NC get this:
    [IMG]

TR get this:
    [IMG]

VS get this:
    [IMG]
  9. Taemien

Looks like C&C ripped that off from BattleTech:

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Morrigu
  10. Zapon

Or it could be both- with the tanks i posted above from the devs :p
  11. Takoita

There was a double-barreled heavy tank in DUNE II - an RTS previously made by the same company - so even if there was some BattleTech ripping-off going on, it likely happened much earlier.
    • Up x 1
  12. MasonSTL

oooh yeah its the same cannon alright! damn that tank would be HUGE!

[IMG]
  13. LtSqueak

I've had a thought lately that I think could be applied as a cert line for this if it ever came out.
    One of the big problems tankers have been having is how quickly they die to engineer turrets. What about implementing a point defense system to tanks?
    Basically, it would replace the smoke cert line (can't for the life of me remember what all is in it) and would prevent incoming rockets from only engineer turrets from doing damage.
    "But wait! If engineer turrets don't do damage that's OP!!"
    Never fear! It would have a cool down affect. At level one, it could strike down rockets at the same rate as one engineer could fire them. At higher levels it could take down more, but never more than what 5 engineers could output (would have to be tested and balanced). It could also cover an area of like 50m diameter or something so everyone doesn't have to run it.

Granted, the issue of rockets not always rendering to the tank would have to be fixed... so there's that :(

As for this mega-tank. I would love to see it as a slow firing/hard hitting tank. Like the Vanguard taken to the extreme. have it fire a salvo (both cannons) like once every 20-30s but it can set a stock sunderer to burning with two direct hits to the front (just my idea. I'm not a game designer, so once again BALANCE AND TESTING NEEDED). Also allow two secondary gunner seats that can only be ground based attack guns (kobalt/fury and maybe limit the vertical arc of the basilisk). And then give it high health and strong armor on all sides, but not the top. This thing should destroy ground targets unless severely out-popped but should quake at the sight of air units unless running with a group. And when I mean scared of air, I mean like 4 daltons and done.

TLDR: New cert line to stop SOME engineer fired rockets and make mega-tank a tank destroyer that can't defend against air attack.
  14. FieldMarshall

I cautiously excited.

Could be good. Could be a 4man BFR on wheels.
  15. LonelyTerran

It will be most likely just be fodder for Engi AV mana turrets unfortunately. :mad::mad:
  16. ScrapyardBob

I want to see them change MBTs to be 3-person vehicles - just not sure how they'll fix the Magrider to be one.
  17. Zinus

Imo, as long as it requires tech plant in order to be build (or even better, can be built only from tech plant), this tank has potential for some serious fun :3
  18. FlR3

It looks like an updated version of the Ion Tank in UT2004 to tell the truth. It was an awesome tank in the right hands. Yes a tank that size should have at least a three man crew. The main battle turret and two turrets for crew, one in front and one in back to watch their 6. This would cause a major game change in battles but would be fun as a tank this size would need at least 2 engineers for repairs. Makes me want to re-install UT2004 and jump in some battles on Omnip)o(tents server. Ah the days of the battle bender, good times
  19. Taemien

BattleTech is a bit older. We're talking 80s here.

Needless to say, pointing at C&C is rather redundant. The design goes back nearly 30 years or even further. If it looks cool, who cares?
  20. Tylerso12