New NS tank revealed - Multi crew maybe?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Cowabunga, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Pikachu

I
    I thought of the size issue too. I dont think it will be available at regular tani terminals. Some unique base with unique extra big vehicle platform. I wonder what special limitations it will have. I doubt anyone can get it at any time. Maybe only one per faction within the same territory.
    • Up x 1
  2. RIctavius

Prowler guard duty for this thing
  3. Blarg20011

Honestly I think it looks terrible, and a major pain in the *ss to drive. Why can't we just make MBTs three man again?
    • Up x 2
  4. Sen7rygun

I know we said the lightning needed a buff but holy ******* jesus!
    • Up x 10
  5. Cowabunga

It was from the latest command center stream.
  6. Fortress

We have enough NS stuff already.
    • Up x 13
  7. BengalTiger

I'd say it's like the Galaxy to the MBT being the Lib and the Lightning being the fighter.
    Warpgate and tech plant spawning only, slow, not maneuverable, most expensive in class but really resistant.

The guns don't have round barrels.
    Is the NS tank getting railguns before the NC tank?

Because people would protest?

To me the solution would be simply swapping the commander's and gunner's weapons.
    The commander gets the secondary, the gunner gets the primary and we're all set, similar to what the Liberator has.
  8. MasonSTL

Hey wait a minute... the cannons are the same as the ones at tech plants!
    • Up x 2
  9. BengalTiger

Those things are larger than a Sundy if I recall correctly...
    The ones on the tank do seem to look similar.

In other words, my estimate of it being twice as tall, wide and long as a Sundy might still not be accurate (i.e. it's bigger).
    • Up x 1
  10. WTSherman

The one with the missiles is the Mammoth tank from Command & Conquer. Though considering how much the "Colossus" looks like a Mammoth already...
  11. Redderic

If this is legitimate, it's awesome! I just hope that it is super slow, has a really high resource requirement, requires at least three personnel to perform optimally, can only be pulled at Warpgates, and has a long timer. Currently, tanks on the battlefield are not feared, they are simply a factor - they are common and easily spammable. A heavy tank, like the Colossus, defended by medium and light vehicles, would encourage team work, would make a decisive difference on the battlefield and ultimately change the dynamics of the game.

Got it, I would prefer Empire Specific Vehicles too, but I'll take an NS Heavy Tank as well!
    • Up x 1
  12. Jaeger41

Is that from a specific book or game? Reminds me of the cyber-tanks from Keith Laumer's BOLO series. There was also a board wargame (circa 1978, how we did it before computers) called OGRE that had something similar.
    • Up x 1
  13. Equal2

OMG im so HYPED. There is so much good stuff coming i cant wait ..... omg omg omg

No seriously i cant wait ....

No you dont understand I CANT WAIT !!!! xD
  14. Maljas23

Woaaaah, 3-man tank inc?
    • Up x 1
  15. Dingus148

Joy. More NS stuff. More homogeneity.

Wake me when each "unique" empire has more than 2 unique vehicles.
    • Up x 5
  16. Traxiconn

I honestly think that it's good as an NS so that way each faction has at least one super-heavy-murder-everything tank, but we do need more ES stuff.
  17. Free

[IMG]

My first thought.
  18. Galium

Looks maybe kinda a little like the Pillar from Supreme Commander:
    [IMG]

I approve of super heavy tank.
  19. Klypto

I will solo drive my godtank.

If only I had footpedals, then I could double gun.
  20. Richard Nixon

I miss those...

That tank would be wasted as artillery, though. Something so huge must be very heavily armored, so you need to drive right in people's faces (and activate your NC shield)!