[Suggestion] New NS LMG

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by eldarfalcongravtank, Jul 1, 2014.

1. eldarfalcongravtank

i would love to see a new NS LMG ingame that shoots heavier rounds than the NS-15M which feels more like an assault rifle with extended magazine and not really like an LMG

it should have:
    - firerate: 540rpm
    - damage model: 167dmg @ 10m, 143dmg @ 75m
    - ammo capacity: 100rounds / 200rounds with extended magazine
    - ammo pool: 400rounds
    - first-shot multiplier: 3.2x
    - moderate-to-high recoil
    - high ads accuracy (defining trait)
    - very bad hipfire accuracy
    - short reload: 4.85s
    - long reload: 6.1s
    - ads speed multiplier: 0.5x

[IMG]
    • Up x 5
  2. Foxirus

Common pool weapons are detrimental to the games health. This game is built around 3 factions that have different technologies and different weapons. The more common pool weapons and vehicles added, The less diversity and the more this game starts to look like a COD clone with Team Red, Team Blue, and Team Purple being the only difference.

This is my opinion. I am no pro nor do I claim to be. I play this game for fun, Not for TTK or the perfect K/D ratio.
    • Up x 3
  3. RubiksCubix

I like this idea. We need a NS type of every weapon so we can further specialize faction weapons.
  4. TheMish

I agree, but it fits in the game. NS equipment is Terran technology, it's the stolen equipment that the factions stole from the TR. Probably to fit in those middle ground weapons.
  5. Foxirus

No, Nanite Systems (NS) equipment is made by a private third party not affiliated with the Terran Republic, Vanu Sovereignty, or New Conglomerate. Their weaponry and technology is made by them and them alone.

Nanite Systems currently manufactures all Common Pool vehicles, All building structures, The repair tool, The revive tool, The Nano Generator (The device that rez's your turrets for your engie) and the ammunition pack. I am pretty sure there is more stuff, But I don't remember it.

So no, nothing made by Nanite Systems is copied from another faction, As this would violate their decision to remain neutral in the war (As they would be selling closely guarded empire secrets for that weapon).

Nanite Systems is a Neutral weapons dealing organization that takes no sides in this war, As all three sides may buy and use their equipment.
  6. TheMish

It's Terran Weaponry...look at how they work, look at their design, and look at the lore. If the NC stole Gauss weapons, wouldn't you think the TR would be using railguns too? No, they don't. The VS had to steal equipment and build their own just like the NC. They have NS weapons too, and their own. Otherwise the TR would be using plasma weapons too.

So clearly, it's the stolen equipment that we read about in the lore. There's no other weapon, otherwise we would see it in the TR arsenal.
  7. Foxirus

If you are saying NS equipment is stolen from the Terran Republic, Or any faction for that matter, You are wrong. Feel free to link the lore proving it however. I know you won't because the lore you are speaking of (that states NS is stolen tech) does not exist, You are making it up as you go.

All the lore states is that the factions, when they left the Terran Republic, took with them some of the brightest minds the terran republic had to offer. It said nothing about them stealing equipment (Again if it does, Feel free to link this lore, Make sure its official before you do). For all we know, When they branched off, The Vanu Sovereignty and the New Conglomerate could have bought their equipment to make their weapons from Nanite Systems.
  8. Styxwash

The reason NS weapons look like TR weapons is because NS is old world like TR, I assume. The way I understand it, NS is basicly the part of the original expedition which decided to remain neutral in the new world conflict.

Most of the TR weapons have old production dates since they were used even before coming to Auraxis, while NC and Vanu are clearly new world designs. I don't know if NS weapon are supposed to be have been created on Auraxis, but their clearly old world designs like TR, while Vanu and NC have different technology.
  9. TheMish

It's basic logic, do you not see the similarities? Look at the Fury, dps weapon, look at the NS LMG, look at the NS assault rifle, the smgs, etc.

Do you not see the similarities?

And no, it doesn't state in the lore directly, it's clear that it's part of the lore. STOLEN equipment, means the factions have some of the TR equipment, how can that possibly be misunderstood?

If the railguns the NC own are stolen, where are the Terran railguns? Wouldn't there be any? No, there isn't, not a single one. So clearly, the NC weapons, were made by them.

If the plasma rifles the VS own are stolen, then what about the TR? Where's their rifles? I mean come on, they at least have blueprints right? NO

But the NS weapons, clearly they are TR weapons. They fire bullets, not plasma, not whatever the NC use, but bullets. The NS vehicle mounted weapons, fire rockets we see coming out of TR rocket launchers.

The grenades launched from grenade launcher are the same as mounted on TR Maxes, they also ALL, every ******* one, do moderately, to well against infantry. Excluding of course the Halberd, Walker, and Ranger due to their really poor ability to adapt.

The bulldog, deadly anti-tank weapon, especially on a Galaxy, and very deadly on Sunderers, and Harassers.

The Fury, same thing, except this one, is very similar to the Marauder? Ever noticed that? So clearly it has a similar maker, if not the same one, consider it uses the SAME ammunition, and acts similar to the Marauder

What more do I need? It's all basic observation skills and putting 2 and 2 together.

And the quotes to show that there's weapons missing:

"Within six months, an increasingly frustrated population gave birth to an insurgency movement; first supplies and weapons began to go missing,"

"With the arms stolen from its weapons depot, they could have easily captured any smaller vessel in the fleet—but they instead chose one of the garrison ships for the fleet's military peacekeepers."

Go to to the PSW, you'll see it yourself.

Doesn't go into detail, the rest comes from you trying to put 2 and 2 together and coming to the understanding that maybe, these weapons are a little to similar to a particular faction, could it be possible that...THEY made them?

And if you're gonna ask how they have their own supply now, simple. Took the weapons apart, made blueprints, produced more.
  10. Foxirus

I don't know what the hell you are going on about anymore. You said NS weapons were TR weapons, I said they are not. End of story. I did not say a thing about the VS or NC weapons. I am talking about NANITE SYSTEMS. Not Vanu, Not NC. NANITE SYSTEMS. You said it was stolen TR tech, I said it is not. They are a private weapons vendor that makes their OWN weapons.
  11. DocDewrill

Gaus =/= Railgun. gaus = magentic railgun = Microwave.(source: google it lazyass)(Edit: still not the same though. ) so much for "lore" and nindeed the TR and the NS are diffrent. NS is a private concern and the TR has its own manufracture. and the "look at it part" doesnt wortk either, the TR counts on barrelmags and the NS more looks like Tape-recorders. just because it uses gunpower propelled projectiles doesnt mean its the same manufrature. NS is a neutrale Company and has nothign to do with the TR.
  12. SacredRay

NO MORE NS WEAPONS! They reduce/make redundant Faction Flavour (along with the crying nerfs) and water down the game.

When the forum warriors cry about a faction weapon, that weapon gets nerfed and a superior copy of it from NS enters the game a couple months later.

Why have faction loyalty when there is probably an NS common pool weapon with comparable stats?
    STOP THIS MADNESS
  13. DocDewrill

^ This post
  14. TheMish

I'm saying they were made by the TR, and are originally weapons of the TR. I don't need to argue this more, clearly you don't get it. I can't explain it any easier.
  15. TheMish

It has because the equipment has to have originated somewhere right? Guess who? TR.

The weapons even behave like Terran weaponry, doesn't that make you think that perhaps the weapons were originally developed by a certain Republic?

Look at what is says for NS

"Nanite Systems was once a small company with a singular focus on nanotechnology back on Earth. Since the end of the early wars, they have branched out to other technologies such as advanced materials and construction. They were tasked with creating prefabricated buildings for the wormhole expedition."

Clearly they came with the TR, the weaponry and vehicle designs are from Earth originally, because I doubt the other factions would've gotten the tech during the war.

Once equipment is stolen, it can be reverse engineered.
  16. Hentai

First shot recoil is too high, and pair that with high recoil makes it even harder to kill long range targets.
  17. eldarfalcongravtank

this is intended. it's supposed to be a suppressive fire weapon that negates the first-shot recoil with sustained fire. hence the large magazine capacity (with extended)
  18. eldarfalcongravtank

+ high capacity
    + high damage model
    - very low rate of fire
    - high recoil
    - long reload speed

come on, it would be the perfect sustained-fire LMG for all factions. also it would be balanced since it has some hefty downsides. please consider my suggestion
  19. Nalothisal

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo you're saying they're Switzerland and their banks??
  20. eldarfalcongravtank

alternative stats (if the devs think a 167dmg-model with 200 rounds is too powerful):

NS-606 "Salvo" LMG:
    - firerate: 590rpm
    - damage model: 143dmg @ 10m, 125dmg @ 65m
    - ammo capacity: 100 rounds / 200 rounds with extended magazine
    - ammo pool: 400 rounds
    - short reload: 4.85s
    - long reload: 6.1s
    - ads speed multiplier: 0.5x
    - bullet velocity: 595 m/s

recoil:
    - first-shot multiplier: 2.25x
    - vertical: 0.32
    - horizontal left/right: 0.23/0.23

accuracy:
    - cof hip crouch still/move: 2.6/3.1
    - cof hip stand still/move: 3/3.5
    - cof ads crouch still/move: 0.15/0.35
    - cof ads stand still/move: 0.15/0.5

(basically, its stats are inferior to the NS-15M in every way except for ammo capacity)

[IMG]

The NS-606 Salvo is Nanite System's newest weapon creation of a slow-firing light machine-gun designed primarily for squad support and suppressive fire duty. Its ability to provide prolonged sustained fire without compromising on accuracy and effectiveness in the field makes it a valuable choice among soldiers on Auraxis.