[Suggestion] New NC MAX Weapon: AI Riveter Modified

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Nintyuk, Jan 29, 2014.

1. MAXArmar

While forumside is a bad reference, it seems that there are two kinds of QQ that show up all the time. First, there are NC that whine about their MAXes being useless at anything beyond 5 - 20 meters (varies according to the level of QQ put forward), second there are threads that QQ about NC MAXes instagibbing them and demand a nerf/change. If we can tackle both forms of QQ with a single change like replacing shotguns with machineguns similar to the TR/VS MAX, I think sacrificing some faction balance wouldn't be that bad.
  2. Makora

As someone who loves my TR MAX. I don't want your shotgun. And I will say that in my opinion your damn scatters with slugs are just as usable against squishies as our chainguns. Anecdotal evidence of "my experience" suggests they are even better.

But... going off the rocket here. How about TR gets a "heavy weapon" instead? Not two half-gimped nerf blasters on both arms, but a solid, two-handed minigun that fires banshee rounds.
    Balancing point? Can only be used when locked down. Operating wise I'd see it working like the MCG or Vulcan. Has a short chargeup before getting to full rev but at full rev. 800 RPM at least. Per bullet does less damage and smaller splash then the Banshee but still enough to rip through damn near everything. Bonus points if for 500 certs you can unlock "AP Ammo" that turns it into a Vulcan, for AV duty.

TL.DR Give me a damn proper minigun and I don't care what you put on your MAX.
  3. Pfundi

Nice Idea. I feel like TR is the only empire really fitting that two armed weapons.
    NC could really use something to extend their range. Even if not necesarry. But with it we woild have two really interesting new weapons and gameplay features.
    For the VS? What about a perma Energy beam? Or a impulse cannon that throws infantry some meters back?