New medic on the field

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by oTec, Feb 8, 2015.

1. oTec

Just a quick question regarding the medic class.

I've been playing almost only playing medic and been wondering about the best loadout.
    I've upgraded my Medical applicator to 5 and my Nano-regen to 3 already, but not sure if i either go for nanoweave or the enhanced shield regen speed.
    Also regarding weapons, i've just been using NC1-gauss rifle with a 2x zoom on it. I don't know if it's worth to spend 100 certs for the grip or to get another rifle. I like the NC1, but i have never fired another medic weapon unless of another faction. (Was VS when i first joined, then took a year long break and went TR. Didn't like the weapons and now i'm NC)

Any help is appreciated.
  2. Xellon

As a fellow main Medic with quite some time in the field, I hope I can give you some usefull advice.

Regarding your first question, that depends on your playstyle, but I'd say Nanoweave, since less damage from bullets is almost always usefull.
    Later on, if you know you're going to do a lot of CQC, I'd suggest taking a look at Flak-Armour - Regarding the Nade-Spam these days, the things that will most often hit you when you're in cover at the frontline, nursing your Teammates, is Granades. Lots of 'em.

On to your second question: The NC1 Gauß is fine, but if you wanna try out new Weapons, visit the VR (reachable over any Continent-Terminal at the Warpgate) first and see what Auraxis Firearms, Genudine Dynamis and the others have in Stock for you.
    If you found a Weapon that pleases you, search for a nice fight and use the free trial to find out if the Weapon works how you thought it would.
    If you'd ask me for a suggestion, I'd say pick up the Gaußrifle S. It's fairly cheap with 250 Certs, handles the same way as the NC1, but is highly customizeable.
    Take a Laser ight, x2 Reflex and Soft Point Ammo, and you've got a nice CQC Rifle.
    Want more Range? Slap a Foregrip, a 3.5x - 4x Scope and maybe a Compensator on it, and tadaa, you can reach out to enemys further away.
    You can also attach some Underbarrel Goodies, like the Smoke Granade Launcher: It sets you up some nice visual cover to run over open spaces or to reveive a fallen Teammate in a hot zone.

So far my advice, I hope I could help a fellow Medic out. Cya on the Battlefield!
    • Up x 2
  3. oTec

Alot of usefull info. Thanks alot.
  4. DashRendar

Basically he said much of it, though I have some things to add as well. Any time you take fire, it is a good practice to pop your self-heal ability. Especially at range, it'll help you mitigate another bullet or two.

Advanced Shields is a good thing for the medic class too, though you lose the benefits of NW and Flak by choosing it. When you choose Advanced Shields on a medic, you become the fastest regenerating class in the game. As long as you are not dead you can just pop your self-heal and be back up to full health faster than any other class, and this you can do an unlimited number of times, where other classes need to pop stimpacks. This is for your more aggressive, combat based medic class.

For weapons, I can recommend the Reaper DMR and A-Tross for NC Medic. They're hard weapons to pick up, but there's no other weapons in the game like them for any faction. Suit them with a Grip, Compensator, and HVA and aim for the head. They'll crack skulls like it's an ogrehammer smashing a ripe melon. Absolutely fun when you make those glorious headshots. The GR-22 is pretty good for CQC work with an Adv Laser, and SPA. There's also the Carnage AR, which is like a more midrange tuned GR-22.

But there's really no strong reason to change your weapon. The Gauss Rifle is one of the most solid starter weapons in the entire game, in fact it might be THE most. It has the highest standard velocity of any automatic weapon in the game, good range and damage, and a controllable recoil pattern. Yes, it does deserve a grip on it, so give that a try and see how you like it. I personally use 1x sights on all my weapons, but that's a matter of personal preference.
    • Up x 1
  5. oTec

Alright, thanks for the info.
  6. oTec

Well i did went for the grip on my NC1, preforms very well. Is there any difference between the 1x & 2x zoom except the level of zoom? (Zoom in time or?)
    I also chose nanoweave since it always has effect, unlike the shield recharge boost wich in order to have this to work, i still have to be alive from my first encounter.
  7. Xellon

Nope, since they are both RedDot Sights, there's no time difference when scoping in or out.

I also agree with everything DashRendar said, I just wanted to add that Reaper DMR and A-Tross are quite a big Investment with 1000 Certs each, so those are weapons you might wanna look into buying when your Cert income has taken a positive bump further down the road.

Also, I think I have screwed up the pricetag for the Gaußrifle S, as in the Wikia it's labeled 500 Certs. Link

Anyways, glad you found my advice usefull and see you on the battlefield!
    • Up x 1
  8. oTec

Yes, i noticed the price almost instantly when i had a look.
    Thanks for all the info.
  9. JediNinja

Would also recommend the Grenade Bandolier after you unlock the Revive Grenades. Being able to carry 4 of those babies is XP heaven. Though they do eat up your resources and if you have trouble staying alive, might want to stick to something like Nanoweave or Flak.