[Suggestion] New long range automatic rifle for the TR combat medic.

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by qiray12, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Iridar51

Just add full auto option to SABR, done. Adjust recoil stats accordingly.
  2. Golgaris

Try out the T1S Cycler.
    That's one awesome gun. Besides being a perfect allrounder, you can also set it up for longer ranges. I know, it's not the hard hitting weaponry that you demand but the extremely controllable recoil will help you dropping targets as fast as with any other long range weapon. I would avoid extreme long ranges, though. Midrange (most fights tend to take place at that distance anyway) to early long range markings are the sweet spot.
    BUT as you turned your allround-gun with a compensator, a forward grip and maybe even HA ammo into a long or midrange beast - you still have the allround base. With a 698 fire rate you are able to hold your ground even if enemies start to move in close.
  3. Dumpsterprophet

tr falls flat when it comes to good weapons for the medic. When you think about what other factions have (carnage, reaper, tross, corvus,cme). TR needs some better medic weapons.
  4. Iridar51

Not sure if serious. TR comes short when it comes to ranged ARs, but TR got amazingly strong ARs for CQC.
  5. Lord_Avatar

I'd say TR doesn't come short with regard to ARs in any conceivable way. The SABR-13 is an excellent ranged option, the TORQ-9 can be decked out for ranged combat and the default T1 isn't too shabby either.
  6. Iridar51

SABR-13 is a burst weapon, burst weapons are bad. SABR is unquestionably the best burst weapon in PlanetSide, but all of them need serious adjustments before they can compete with full auto.
    TORQ-9 can be decked for ranged combat, but it's still gonna suck there. At range you need bullet damage, not rate of fire.
    Same goes for T1 Cycler. It's not a bad weapon, and for such a high DPS gun it can be surprisingly accurate, but in no way does it compete with things like Reaper DMR.
  7. Lord_Avatar

If you ditch the HVA on the SABR-13 the vertical recoil will be manageable and I have no problems using the weapon in "full auto" in which case it turns into a 600/167 lasgun (which is to say - awesome). As for the TORQ-9, yeah - the damage model hurts it's ranged potential, but it remains surprisingly accurate even at longer ranges thus allowing for longer bursts. The T1 - workable.

I do agree though, that burst weapons need some tweaking in order to be more effective.