[Suggestion] New load screens: Executions and torture, really? Alternative here.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tanelorn, Jun 2, 2016.

1. DragenoidHighLord

I would probably be called a nutjob by the minority here but i would like to see more of these images because its bloody amazing.
    -TR-Death to those who oppose the law
    -VS-Death to you heathens
    -NC-Freedom or death sukka
    • Up x 3
  2. Jedediah42

3. Jedediah42

Sure, this might be true about 'war' (ALL RED CAPS)...

... but this isn't the game. None of the screens reflect what's in the gaaaaame.

4. Jedediah42

I'd be fascinated if it were possible to profile the people who use labels like 'SJW' to those who find images of executions disturbing in their entertainment.
  5. Pacster3

Where would be the difference if they were crucified or burnt? I mean...if you go there anyway then go all the way...=)
  6. Jake the Dog

Ummm... You see some of us right-wing guys do have morals and can spot something thats f***ed up...

While I first thought all the loadscreens were kinda neat, but having ALL of them be battlefield executions is kinda bad...
    This kinda stuff is against the Geneva Convention. I realize none of these people are dying and should've honestly redeployed before they got in this stupid situation... I mean seriously who gets captured in this game?!?
    This is a game of massive battles and a loading screen should be that way as well. Making all of them this style is bad mojo.

Don't get me wrong I'm not super displeased with the loading screens. I think they could, but having a 3-1 ratio of big battles to executions at least...

Its different when part your playerbase is offended by how the VS female infil has too much spandex or whether or not the NC can use the TR or VS bathrooms despite who they identify with or the game displays cruel content thats actually a part of the game, but its not, its depicting executing prisoners (who will come back a little more brain scrambled than before) who have been captured in wartime. Something we haven't seen from major conventional players since WWII.

Its not that everyones has to stop being a bunch of *******, it boils down too whats right to display and whats not.
    • Up x 1
  7. Exitus Acta Probat

You mean of a nameless make believe cartoon respawning clone soldier from a futuristic fantasy first person shooter like war video game thats on its knees(not dead or even shot)?:rolleyes:

Get a grip son.
    • Up x 1
  8. Exitus Acta Probat

Speaking of Geneva Convention.

How many times have you killed a combat medic reviving someone? And that happens all the time in the game.
    • Up x 1
  9. WeRelic

Funny how cherrypicking works, isn't it?
  10. Haquim

And thats how you describe our factions in three simple sentences.

Seriously we have more pressing matters.
    I don't think any picture is gonna control my mind and make me a mindless murderer.
    The TR one looks more like a guy posing for the company fotoshoot than anything else anyway.
    And even if he shot him - considering the lore and the relaxed attitude on that picture it would sound like this:
    TR: Alright, Johnny boy. Any last words?
    NC: **** you Jim, just get this over with.
    TR: Alright, see you at crossroads in 10 minutes. *BLAM*

The problem I have with those ******** SJWs is that they don't realize that they are the goddamn problem.
    Exposure to uncomfortable themes is not a problem.
    The problem is when people suddenly come across those themes and don't know how to deal with them, or get funny ideas on their own.
    Reality doesn't change by choosing not to look at the ugly, embarassing or distressing parts. You only make people ignore the problems. Instead of.. y'know... fix them maybe? Did we remove those problems so thoroughly from reality that we now have to remove depictions of a hypothetical war crime in a war where everything is permitted, committed on an immortal soldier, from the loading screens of said video games? Seriously....
    I think demolition man was mentioned? Its over the top but it depicts the situation rather well. Now confess: Who was rooting for the "clean" people and their lifestyle?
  11. Kristan

Why those two threads didn't die out on the second page of this forum?

Seriously guys...

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  12. stalkish

Lets look at the film in question.
    Loki appears on Earth, by himself, and takes control of various people including Hawkeye and Dr Selvig, he uses these minions to do all his bidding.
    Id question as to why someone with this ability would even bother to try and fight someone.
    By powerful i meant not just strong, but extremely intelligent and able to wield magical powers like traversing the 9 realms without the use of the bifrost, like creating a hologram image to fool adversaries.

Apart from taking control of people, Loki showed very little additional powers in Avengers that he hasnt shown in the other films we see him in. Possession of the Chitauri Scepter would have meant more of an evolution in his powers than shown.
    Compare his advancement to that of Selvig, an intelligent earth bound scientist was able to build a teleport device capable of transporting a whole civilisation accross the universe instantly, Loki even speaks to Selvig about how much the Scepter can teach them. Yet Lokis own advancement seems somewhat muted, perhaps they are keeping it hidden until future events, he does seem more intelligent now, stealing the throne and all.

For me this was an oversight. As i said, i still liked the film a lot, but Loki was a little understated imo.
    My reply was still absolutely correct, i did not laugh when i saw Hulk smash Loki (i did when he punched Thor), as was implied by the post i replied to.
  13. Tr34

I think they need to emphasize women on those new load screens. Like a woman torturing male soldiers etc.
    They also need to put one afro-american character and one chinese character next to her to fight racism.
  14. Scr1nRusher

Hello darkness my old friend..............................
  15. Calador

What do you expect from a game made in a country where torture and execution is day to day business not only in tv and games but also in reality?
  16. Exitus Acta Probat

Oh yes, its day to day, in fact I work second shift at the second largest retail Torturer & Execution store in the country:rolleyes:
  17. Calador

Oh you are in the army?
  18. Bunnywabbit

hey I've got some more ideas for screen art.

How about some engineers laying minefields and planting IED's by the side of the road?
    Or - it's been mentioned before - a dude strapping himself with C4 and blowing up some unsuspecting people by the bus?
    Wait- i got it - let's show airplanes crashing into the twin towers of Matherson, with some kickass explosions.

Sure, some people are going to get their panties in a twist on account of the imagery, but you know; this stuff really happens both in Real War (tm) and in Planetside, so we'd be hypocrites to leave it out, right? Right?

Pity there's no civilians in PS2, otherwise there'd be a whole encycolopaedia of warcrimes we could depict that happen in real life. That would be awesome!
    • Up x 1
  19. FillyFluttershy

If anything what they're doing is more merciful. Being executed by a TR pistol shot to my dome has to be a lot better than slowly cooking alive.
  20. Tsar

Do not forget that the game does get his income from ingame sales and membership fees.
    The income depends absolutely on the way you bind people already playing the game and how the feel playing the game.
    Ingame marketing is essential for PS2 and low end "art" that does not represent the game is NOT the way to sell it.