[Suggestion] New load screens: Executions and torture, really? Alternative here.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tanelorn, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Moridin6

we wear pink camo and flaming heads and swag out our dune buggys and run with glowing armor on infantry and neons on vehicles. our troop transports make whale noises, my atv giggles like an elf.
    yes its war but its the silliest war Ever.

and yet it Does remain a GAME and its focus is still FUN. we fight in the spirit of Entertainment. and though ruining an enemys day may be fun i dont think we want them to feel the pain and demoralization of capture/torture/executions, do we?

no, i want to smash all their forces and kick them out of a base, not subject them to nastiness that, YES IS PART OF REAL WAR, but this ISNT Real War, its a gdmn game.

even if this game had blood and dismemberment, making these pics fit better, id still rater see large scale battles.

8 people on screen or 200, whats your Planetside2?
    • Up x 1
  2. Azawarau

FIRST OFF, MR SASS

PINK IS THE MANLIEST COLOR THERE IS AND DONT YOU EVER TRY TO IMPLY OTHERWISE

SECOND WERE FIGHTING IN A SPACE WAR FULL OF SPACE THINGS. WERE NOT THE ONLY GAME WITH FLASHY WAR VEHICLES AND EVEN IF WE WERE THAT WOULDNT TAKE AWAY FROM THE FACT THAT WE KILL TENS OF THOUSANDS DAILY

C. MY PLANETSIDE TWO IS A LITTLE BIT BIGGER THAN AN OCCASIONAL LOADING SCREEN THAT HAS NO REAL IMPACT ON THE GAME OR PLAYERS

4TH I BLOW MYSELF UP ALONG WITH LARGE GROUPS OF ALLIES AND ENEMIES DAILY. A LITTLE TORTURE IS NOTHING

/SLAMS RED BUTTON
  3. TRspy007

They should make the scenes based on what continent you're on. Ex: Esamir = a picture of people fighting in the snow, Indar = in the dessert, Hossin = in a swamp with no one around and Amersish = idk. That way the images show you what continent you're on.
    • Up x 1
  4. TRspy007

First of all, this is the best and most epic game in the world, second, there are other types of camo than pink in the game, the are different horns. WE ARE ALSO IN THE GUINESS WORLD RECORDS FOR LARGEST BATTLE EVER IN A VIDEO GAME. OVER 1500 PEOPLE FOUGHT IN THE SAME BASE!! So Idk what ur talking about, the battles are huge and amazing. And who cares if you torture or make fun of you're enemy, the funny thing is, you'll both be laughing, especially when he gets you back. So idk if this game is too epic for you or whatever, go back to playing COD where ur alone on the worst and smallest maps ever, or if you can't stand a game where you shoot people, GO BACK TO PLAYING MINECRAFT!
  5. Moridin6

think i hit one of your buttons.. lol

its war we kill stuff, but its not real war. we dont need to smell the ofal or wade in the remains of our buddies to have fun do we?

i mean when i jump into a group and c4 them it doesnt paint the area with blood and gore does it? and wouldnt it feel a Bit different if it did?

war, youre dead theyre dead their mates are demoralized and picking pieces of you and their pals out of their hair, its terrible.

Ps2, you die they die, there was a pretty BOOM and everyone respawns. youre laughing you got them theyre(hopefully) laughing they got Got, and if not they can respawn and try and get you back(fun) try and do something else (fun).

Planetside is a war but its a war, in a game, a game thats meant to be fun Not simulate real war and its terribleness.
  6. customer548

:D

But, do you see in game characters suffering, begging to spare their life, or fear ? No.
    Do you see characters suffering, begging to spare their life, fear in those screens ? Yes.
    Those scenes are always in the middle of the pictures.Artists put stuff in the middle of pictures in order to highlight them, to make it clear that it's the main subject.
    So, people have to watch at dispair and suffering each time the log in, each time they log out, and several times during their gameplay sessions.
    Why not, but humanity is supposed to have empathy. Empathy is a feeling which makes things or scenes being fun or not.
    The game is fun.
    These screens are not.

Is it clearer for you now ?
    • Up x 3
  7. Moridin6

did you even read what i wrote?

i want the picture to represent that epicness Better than these pics do. to represent that Guiness battle, not this COD 7 v 1 make him PAYYYYYY lol

lol anyway, done with this, ive made my point Very clear despite some of your's reading comprehension

epic battles > executions
  8. Azawarau

Apparently you dont understand humor either

I even wrote in all caps to make it easy

Does a drawing of fake soldiers being killed bother you that much?

I literally do that all the time

"Please dont kill me please dont kill m-"

"Dont notice me senpai" <Stalkers

I dont have empathy for a drawing, sorry

I mean i can and have. I read anime and watch manga and the feels are real but this

No attachment to random NC clone #222456354G

Honestly if theyre going to respawn after being killed in the drawing on the loading screen then i dont see why anyone else should care either
  9. Scr1nRusher

Forumside has entered a dark age.
  10. customer548

This your own interpretation. Some other people have other interpretations of a same fact, about what they see, hear, experience.
    This is human being.
    You like pink camo, i would never use it in game because it would break my relative immersion (and i don't find it cool). But i do not condamn you, or try to convince you that pink camos are ugly. Or that your own concern about pink camos makes you someone who would be oversentive (as i've read in those threads). Or that pink camos have nothing to do in a supposed "real war for real men with big balls who slaughter others" game.
    I just don't judge others' concerns / business, or choices. We are all here for fun.
  11. The Shady Engineer

I agree.

I don't mind the new loading screens, the one with the 'FREEDOM' written on the Vanguard's AP turret, the TR MAX on Indar and the VS-NC knife fight ones are actually really nice looking, but I do think loading screens that promote faction cohesion would be better than ones that promote faction hate.

Things like:
    [IMG]

Or:

[IMG]

Loading screens with non empire specific epic battles like Moridin posted would also be a better alternative IMO.
    • Up x 5
  12. Moridin6

na man it doesnt Bother me really, but this is where we come to express our opinions about this game, and in my opinion they couldve done Way better. your all caps blasted my brain i missed any humor lol

yeah i actually like the NC freedom one, they appear to moving into the area and dispersing, tr guy got caught by surprise. you can Imagine a giant battle theyre rolling up on..
    the vanu one lol, it just looks like a ritual initiation thing to me. my vanu leaves its grudges on the field, no prisoners, weve got parties to get to ;)
    • Up x 1
  13. customer548

I'm curious about the taste of those TR "Republic rotbeers". DBG, new mercandising idea !!! :eek:
  14. DeadAlive99

You don't want to face the fact that since this is a game, the art in this case, can be whatever 'we' want it to be. Your insistence that the art be a 1 to 1 reflection of the lore is just your personal bias. Go ahead, raise the 'lore' point all you want. It does not detract from our point at all.

I partially agree with the desensitization argument, especially when combined with 3rd rate parenting, but the liberal media also failed to report that all, or virtually all, of the public school shooters we have had, the ones where the shooter was a student, were all on mind altering psychotropic drugs at the time of the shootings. That doesn't get reported by the Left because they're very big on dope and reshaping society with dope and surgery..

Yes, it is harmless fun. You're starting to sound like a fanatic.

Your continued failure to grasp our position does not make it weak. It is simply your failure. And you might want to reexamine your own outrage over the outrage before you start barking out orders.

Yes, we can, because both of those are facts. It is a game, not war, and it is a game with a war theme. 2 facts, count them:1, 2. There's no inconsistency.

I'm sorry, what is your point with this? Why do we need to grasp the most basic ideas of warfare tactics? To get our stats up? Are you saying those who dislike the art have low k/d or something? You're typing too fast. Think before you hit the post button.

This 'issue' has obviously hit a far bigger nerve for you than it has for anyone else. You've gone rant crazy, trying to turn this into a history lesson, morality tale, and right wing diatribe. Every time you try to make some larger point, you automatically fail due to the simple fact that this is a game that is under complete control of a single business, and not an actual war.

The lore is something that most players will never read. The game and everything in it, is something that every player will experience every time they launch the game. While the lore argument is valid, it is not the only valid argument. The spirit of the game that I play is one of carefree fun, as I call it, 'pizza and nachos' entertainment. I'm sorry you can't grasp that.

If that was the only point you had tried to make, that it was technically teen and not family, then you'd have a point. All the rest of it is just your own whining from your own biases.

And how typical of the right wing mindset to not recognize the difference in psychological impacts between still pictures, moving pictures, animated games, realistic art, cartoon art, distorted art, and so on. Each type can have a different effect on the mind, e.g., seeing a real photo of a wounded solider with missing body parts, vs seeing a humorous animated cartoon character where it grows back with a wacky sound effect.

The right wing 'tough guy' mentality has always resisted the science of psychology and the reality of the power of the sub conscious mind. They're the ones who used to consider men to be sissys when they experienced shell shock. It's taken over a century of modern science to get the knuckle dragging tough guy to recognize that the human mind has more value than just jolting the arms and legs around in an *** kicking fashion.

Go ahead, post another 10 pages. I'll just continue to remind you that this is a game intended for fun, and for me, it wouldn't matter if the guns were shooting broccoli spears instead of bullets, and the armor made out of poppable water balloons. I would still play it for light hearted fun, not a history lesson.
  15. DeadAlive99

All this other art people are posting is great! I like the mass battle scenes, and also the other stuff, people inside of a hangar or facility or something. Even the new art we have now would be good if they'd just remove the 'bad guy' from each one, and just have it be a squad photo instead.
  16. Tanelorn

I have reviewed your posting history across this forum. All you do is insult OPs and roll eyes at forumside. Your PS2 forum character is defined by these behaviors.
  17. Scr1nRusher

You are truely a special snowflake.
  18. Badname707

The fastest way out of the hole is not to keep digging, Scrin.
  19. Scr1nRusher

I'm not digging anything.

This guy has been like this for a long time.
  20. FillyFluttershy

They could find some better scenes for sure, but I can't believe people are offended by this lmao.
    • It's a game.
    • In lore, TR rule with an iron fist and declared martial law for like 200 years, and a VS motto/taunt is literally "evolve or perish." NC have some soldiers who are mercenaries fighting for money, and their promo video actually says they don't take any prisoners. Do any of these sound like people who care about executing a captive? It's not like they're being crucified or burnt at the stake.
    • Get over it.
    • Up x 2