[Suggestion] New light assualt ability(Advanced Weapon Holsters/)AWH)

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by hidden8lade, May 9, 2014.

1. hidden8lade

I think that instead of adding the option to dual wield weapons it would be nice to have an ability to carry two main weapons instead of one main and one secondary. This would be a certed into item and upon being certed into and equipped it would only give the player 75% of jet pack capability. This attachment would cost 500 certs and be equipped in the suit slot. Tell me what you guys think of this idea by commenting please.

Thanks,
    hidden8lade
    • Up x 4
  2. Iridar51

There isn't enough variety in LA arsenal. There is no constant conflict "OMG I can't choose between carrying a sniper rifle or a shotgun".

Pretty much all LA weaponry is geared for CQC, and I see no reason for LA to carry two primaries.
    Even the best ranged option available to LA - precision carbine - is geared towards CQC, which shows in them having tighter hip fire CoFs than their AR and LMG counterparts.

Everyone will just carry a shotgun in second slot, and that's no fun.
  3. Sandpants

I get the same impression.

It would frequently be something along the lines of shotgun+carbine or shotgun+smg. I wouldn't bother switching to my other primary since both choices are relatively good in each other's blending environment. I think bar restrictions of the same weapon type, I'd probably prefer to carry 2 of the same weapons. Like 2 Claws. Would be an interesting advantage, run out of ammo on one shotgun then switch to another instead of reloading.
  4. eldarfalcongravtank

well then make it so. carbine for mid-long range and shotgun for closerange sounds fine to me

the op's idea kinda reminds me of the CoD perk where you could carry two primaries with you. i really like it, it's definitely better than dual-wielding weapons which i would detest to see in this game (this is no arena twitch-type shooter, devs!)
  5. Iridar51

Carbines are more versatile than shotguns, but they are still CQC weapons. Trying to use them at "mid-long range" is intentionally putting oneself at a disadvantage.
    As for shotguns for close quarters - the only reason a player would be interested in carrying a shotgun is because how OP it is within 8m. However, shotguns are completely useless past 8m, so shotgun user may often wish he had another weapon with him. Hence this idea of carrying two primaries is born.

It is based solely on the fact that shotguns overperform up to 8m, and underperform past that range. Instead of trying to invent DNA resequencing, devs should just adjust shotguns to be less extreme. Less effective at close, more effective at range, and there won't be this problem.
  6. jiggu

Hell I really like the idea. I could run a shotgun and cougar or something, would be really nice and probably bring some more uniqueness to the class.
  7. vanu123

Cool idea, but I think that would be more appropriate on the engineer or heavy.
  8. Iridar51

Right, so they like heavies could carry both LMG and rocket launcher at the same time, that would be so cool. A bit OP even?
  9. vanu123

I was just thinking of the style of characters. Heavy assaults are bigger and more bulky, where as the LA is fast and nimble so having two primaries I think would contradict that. Engineer on the otherhand would be interesting.
  10. Iridar51

If talking about overall theme - perhaps, engineers do seem to get all the quirky stuff. But gameplay-wise, second slot would be all the same used either for shotgun or for battle rifle.
  11. jiggu

An NC heavy with a godsaw and jackhammer
    *cries*
    • Up x 1
  12. asdfPanda

I kinda like the idea, actually. If I need some range, I can pull out my Pulsar C, and if I need to swap to cqc, I can roll with the Serpent.

Yes, shotgun usage would increase. But the problem stems from the shotgun; not from the idea. Same with there not being enough variety among the carbines. There is a problem with variety, not with the idea of being able to carry two weapons.

Overall, it should just be one tool to choose from many tools in the number 4 slot. Even if it is redundant, it would be a good option for those that need a little extra versatility. If presented with "better" options, such as stimpacks or the Precision Insertion Module, players that want them should be able to choose them.

The only problem is see is where would the weapon go? You can't sling it over your back because you're already wearing a jetpack, and you can't holster it, because, well, it's another primary.
  13. Iridar51

Heavies don't seem to have that problem with rocket launchers. Maybe they keep it dematerialized in transporter buffer like in Star Trek Elite Force :rolleyes:
  14. asdfPanda

Nanites...
  15. z1967