New LA - gun question

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Oleker2, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Oleker2

I'm starting my NC char focusing in LA class, and I got some questions about guns.

Mainly, my playstyle is the mid-range marksman, with a bit of stealth and mobility. For more details, I play BF3 whith AN-94, using the agressive recon style.

Since PS2 don't have nothing near an-94 same point 2-burst, I got some questions about guns to use. I search for one weapon for CQC (biolab like) and another to overall medium range.
    What you guys can recomend me?
  2. Flashtirade

GD-7F is probably the most versatile CQC option, since it still does do mid-range adequately. The Blitz is also a good CQC weapon, but it can't perform well outside that. I can't recommend getting any shotgun as of right now, since they're due to be "rebalanced" soon.

For dedicated mid-range, if you're insistent on not using the Mercenary, then maybe the Compact S would suit your fancy. It's technically slightly worse than the Mercenary in terms of pure stats, but the access to more attachments makes up for that. The AC-X11 trades off too much for a more powerful bullet, and the Razor is basically a Mercenary with a really fast reload.
  3. Messaiga

If you wanna be sneaky then for an All around gun I would say Razor with Supressor, Laser Sight, High Velocity Ammo and Reflex sight. For dedicated CQC try the AF4 Cyclone for Bio Labs, give it the NV/HS Sight, Advanced Laser Dot, Soft Point Ammo, and Suppressor. For dedicated Medium Range I would go with either the mercenary with Suppressor, Forward Grip, and Reflex Sight, or the same loadout I suggested with the Razor because it has a higher projectile velocity so it is easier to lead targets, and you have the added benefit of High Velocity Ammo.
  4. RichardDunn

At this moment the pumpaction Shotgun with slugs may suit your playstyle best. It drops targets in two shots at medium range if hit in the chest. It requires precision aim so it suits a marksman nicely and is extremely effective in CQC. It's not for everyone, it has a high learning curve and if you miss your shot up close consider yourself dead.

The only problem is that there's going to be a potential nerf to Shotguns in the next update. You can thank the whining minority on these boards for that. I'm not sure what they can due to nerf shotguns without making them inferior to the automatic weapons. You may want to hold up until we find out what the changes entail.
  5. Ghoest

I would suggest a Piston with slugs. But be warned its horrible up close.

My second suggestion is an AC-X11 - but honestly its not really better than the Mercenary you start with - but then the merc is also a good choice.
  6. Lovecraft

I am currently using the pump (Claw) with slugs and the 3.4 crosshairs scope... For up close I'm trying the heavy pistol... Just bought both of 'em so aside from the scope on the pump I have no other specials on them.
  7. 69eyes

never heard of recon using an assault rifle :>

and did you take a look at the SABR-13, TR assault rifle? (ofc it´s TR Medic only...)

on every other gun i recommend looking it up here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...rue&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250

and test it in VR......after all you have to feel comfortable with it!
  8. Oleker2

@69Eyes

I use SABR-13 on my TR medic, freaking "meh" rifle. The two shots don't go on the same spot or even close each other, but is my main rifle there...

On BF3 I play as assault using the agressive recon strategy, flanking and stealth around. AN-94 is as well the best AR to long range, and can kill snipers very easy.

@Topic

After some hours on VR traning area, I liked the Blizt and the Razor. I'm still equiping them up. Both are so lame when naked. =/
  9. Ghoest

The Blitz is NOT a mid range marksman weapon. It may hit stuff at range but the damage fall is huge beyond ~15-20 meters.

The Rzaor should work for you though.
  10. Torok

overall you should go in the Virtual Reality and test them out, the gun you're looking for is certainly a gd-f7 for CQC, even if it's more like a F2000 rather than an an-94, for the medium range i would suggest the NS-11C (the new carbine, go try it out in the Vr it's freaking good! :) )