New Implants

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Uziriel, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Uziriel

In last stream Devs asked about ideas of a new implants. So...

1. Charge - Exceptional for MAX units. I talked with some players and they agree, that this could be good new/old ability.

2. Constructor - at least rare. It accelerates building structures. On the last level it should affect on damage resist of buildings, which are in the process of being formed nerby.
  2. Liewec123

how would charge implant work?
    the old ability used the same keybind as the faction specific abilities.
    i do miss charge though, so any way it could make a return is fine by me!

some more ideas
    Massacre: upon killing an enemy reloads 25% of your magazine. (no effect on single shot weapons.)
    Battering Ram: upon a successful roadkill, repair a portion of your vehicle health over 5 seconds. (does not stack).
    Run n Gun: kills tighten hipfire Cone of Fire and increase movement speed by a small amount for 5 seconds.
    Grenadier: Grenade kills have a small chance to refund the grenade.
    No Pain No Gain: deal increased damage based on lost health <50% = 50% damage boost etc.

and just for kicks
    WITNESS ME: When your health reaches 0 instead of dying you have 3 seconds of invulnerability and weapons lock before exploding with the force of several tank mines, you will be unrevivable and must rezz at a spawn point.
    :D
  3. forstdragon2013

an idea "leach" regeneration field now has a 2x range and 0.1 effectiveness (of the original value ) however with each enemy within the radius the effectiveness is increased by 20% at max rank 40 this should make the regeneration field a more viable option
    enemies within the field have shields drain at 25 per sec
  4. Uziriel

It could work in the old way, but it could also work as an escape tool, and allow to be launch only, when MAX HP are smaller then a half. And in this situation you can use it once in a while.
  5. Tenebrae Aeterna

Improbability Generator: Actually makes the drop-rates of rare implants something remotely reasonable when equipped while purchasing implant crates. (****post)

Composite Module: This implant takes up one slot, but provides an additional two slots that run implants at reduced efficiency. Two of these implants can be used simultaneously to provide the capability of running four implants in total.
    Shield Displacement Module: This implant will transfer a percentage of shield damage you take to your surrounding allies in the form of replenished shields. This does not, however, add to their maximum shield energy...simply replenishes any shields they may have lost with a percentage of what you've lost. The percentage of restoration to allies depends upon the level of the implant.

Martyr Module: Upon death, this implant will perform a quick scan of your immediate area. If no allies are within the vicinity, it will detonate and deal X damage to surrounding enemies. The volume of damage depends upon the level of the implant. The higher the level, the more devastating the blast.
  6. Blam320

The following implant is not of my design, and all credit goes towards whoever created it - I've forgotten - but the concept was very interesting:

Cyborg: Exceptional implant that replaces the standard health bar with a layer of shields. The basic idea is this implant is the natural opposite of Carapace; instead of replacing shields with HP it replaces HP with shields. On the plus side, it offers radically increased solo survivability and combos well with items such as Advanced Shield Capacitor and constructs that enhance shield regeneration. On the downside, you are vulnerable to being outright killed by EMP grenades, and cannot be healed by medpacks or Medics.
  7. Blam320

It seems my edit feature is missing, so here's something I forgot to add. In the same vein as the "grenadier" implant suggested earlier:

Demolitions Expert: Exceptional implant where getting kills with grenades, mines, or C4 have a very small chance to refund the explosive used; could possibly use a tick system as with Phylactery.
  8. _Kettenblatt_

I was disappointed when the update goes live and Charge was gone. I want to see it again too (as rare implant)!
  9. Blam320

How would charge as an implant work though? So far implants don't grant abilities, and the keybind for "use ability" is probably being used to trigger the likes of emergency repair or ZOE.
  10. Prudentia

Cyborg + Ocular Shield + ASC + Shield Bubble sounds like hilarious fun on the Medic :p
    • Up x 1