New implant: Awareness.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scan, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Scan

Awareness: auto-spots enemies who damage you or that you damage

Please someone tell me this only applies to the player using the implant, and not having him spotted for the rest of his team as well....

If that is the case, it totally kills off the Infiltrator class, wether sniping, or not, and makes using a supressor worthless.

These other implants seem quite good to use, but nowhere as powerful as Awareness.

Getting autospotted when you shoot someone is just..... it's giving your enemies a legal map hack.
  2. Neckaru

People still snipe?
  3. Scan

Well... not for much longer it seems.
  4. Neckaru

Indeed.
  5. KenDelta

Uh I doubt they could spot if you're mid range sniping and do the following , Snipe> Insta cloak > repeat process + they're giving us this awesome anti-sensor/detection perk!

Edit : I mean implants!! mb.
  6. ent|ty

Please tell me you are joking, and this is not yet another nub tool for the masses too stupid to figure out where the bullets are coming from....
    • Up x 1
  7. HerpTheDerp

Don't worry, everyone will be running around with the Sensor Shield anyway, so Awareness is just a wasted implant slot.
  8. Badname3073

Shoot to kill, that's the answer. Weapons are not toys, soldier.
    • Up x 1
  9. Hicksimus

I'm not too concerned about this.....by the time they could react to information from that implant I'll be tea-bagging them.
    • Up x 2
  10. Rift23

I thought this was going to be a joke-post about something all the C4/Mine crybabies need.

You can already spam Q off in the distance and light up everyone who's not cloaked or behind cover. Don't know why SOE seems hate people who use what little terrain there is and do something besides bumrush with the zerg.
  11. KlyptoK

I actually use my tank as a mobile sniper artillery platform and find this annoying.

I would go for the Radar Shield thing if it countered this ability.
  12. Scan

Before ridiculing yourself by patronizing someone who has 20+ OHK killstreaks while located right under the noses of the enemy on a regular basis, you might want to get yourself better informed.

Just went to the test server and the full description reads: "auto-spots enemies who damage or kill you; also auto spots targets you damage."

Even if I was to OHK someone with a headshot, I still get spotted. Not only will I have my headshots not kill people when I manage to hit them. No, I will get spotted instantly as well!

How the **** is this even balanced, or fair? I have been using supressors that give me bulletdrop and lower damage, and now even that is no longer an option.

What Awarness is, is the deathblow to the Infiltrator that specializes in flanking/getting behind the enemy and softening up the enemy defenses. It already was difficult. Now it will become impossible.

-------

Regarding the guy mentioning cloaking gets rid of the dorito: While that's true, the point is you get the dorito, no matter how quick you cloak, your position has been blown, your shimmer is easily noticed, you are dead.

For months and months people have been complaining about Nanoweave, the poor situation snipers are in at the moment, and the game seemingly counter-designed to enable a stealth playing style.

With this new implant, SoE just proves they don't give a flying **** about any of it. They just totally ignored an entire community of people with knowledge about Infiltrator gameplay, and by introducing this implant, not only do they give that community the finger, they take a big massive **** on top of their heads and then laughs at them.

Just like they did when it was discovered nanoweave 3 is enough to stop a headshot from a BASR beyond 75 meters.
    • Up x 1
  13. Kortan

You'll still have a giant diamond on you, and i'm pretty sure you'll still show up on the map.
  14. Artifex78

Owww, no OHK killstreaks anymore :*(
    Seriously, even if that's the case:
    a.) Someone needs to pay attention to the auto spot.
    b.) Someone needs to take care of you.

A sniper is just a short red blip, especially in bigger fights. Easily to be overlooked.
    And if you are "located right under the noses of the enemy on a regular basis", you are just one red blip among many.
  15. Vaphell

so why did he choose suppressor? Just for kicks of having more drop, dog slow bullets and faster damage degradation very harmful against nanoweave? Even 1 person noticing your dot and investigating is 1 too many. Staying off the map is crucial when you operate within 50m and the autospotting gets us there anyway.
  16. Centennial

Shoot and scoot. Be a sniper. Even if you blip right before you cloak, they'll never know where you went. I don't even use a suppressor on my rifle, and I doubt this will have much of an effect on me either.
  17. Badname3073

What I gathered from your rant is that the reason for your elite skill is that the enemies cannot see or spot you, and now you are complaining that your skill is about to mysteriously disappear.
  18. TeknoBug

Good, I'll run into a room full of sensor shielded players with my clear vision and toss concussion grenades MWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
    • Up x 1
  19. Scan

Since when can Infiltrators not be seen and/or spotted?

Go roll an infiltrator, try to infiltrate something that has a few enemies in it.

Come back and share how that went for you.
  20. Colvault

How stupid can you possibly be? Really I am curious what's your IQ? Because obviously it seems to be missing. You try infiltrating a base with a few enemies in it and then you get back to me. Or, or when implants get put in, you try sniping people with he awareness perk and nanoweave and then you get back to me because I'm telling you it is hard enough to find a spot and get OHK but with this implant and nanoweave it will be almost impossible. Also this ain't COD where you can run around L33t quick scoping, this is actually realistic. You go out in combat quick scoping or doing trickshots you'll get knocked off your feet from the recoil and then get you faced blown apart from enemies. And what will they say at your funeral after that, they'll say, " this idiot tried playing call of duty in real life." In real life as a sniper you get in a good position, preferably high ground, and provide overwatch for your squad mates. That is sniping now running around l33t scoping like an idiot, but by being patient and being the ultimate and silent threat on the battlefield