New HUD, do not go live with this please

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Nocturnal7x, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Nocturnal7x

Its bad bad bad:

[IMG]

It doesn't look good aesthetically IMO, and it doesn't give good information about your state of being, or in other words the feedback this new HUD provides is greatly lacking.

If you push this to live, at least give us the option to switch between curent HUD and this new "optimized" HUD.

Thanks.

PS: Showing render distance as a % makes no sense, so don't add this:

[IMG]

Remeber SOE, less information is ALWAYS bad, leave these dumbed down elements to the PS4.

Also while im at it, where are the anti-aliasing options for this game? Time to get crackin on those. Actually its way past that time, MSAA should have been an option at tech test. GG.
    • Up x 16
  2. Phaze

I'm with you on the HUD.

Not a fan for the exact same reasons.
  3. MurderBunneh

Clearly they are designing the graphics options for 10 year olds and not PC users. I can't believe it is 2013 and I can't decide how much bloom AA etc I want.

The real reason is some of the effects in game are tied to the graphics settings. Right now if you are able to turn off AA then you will get no HA shield showing up.
    • Up x 2
  4. oherror

I thought the live HUD worked well...But seriously don't change it. I know the live hud doesn't look as snazzy but its functional and easy to glance at on the fly. If you want to still use that hud just give it to the PS4 guys.
    • Up x 2
  5. DeadliestMoon

I think the new HUD is fantastic and what's wrong with showing render distance as a percent?
  6. R3bel

I support this post. Maybe it look's "cooler" (actually imho those "tech" stripes looks lame) but it's not very practical. Practical>pretty. How can making thinner funkyer bars be so much faster to make a significant difference in fps?
    What does 10% says to you? Nothing. Now you have meters, so you know exactly how much render distance(distance in % not km?) you can set.
    • Up x 2
  7. DeadliestMoon

The max render distance is 6000 meters or something right? What's 10% of that?
  8. Pixelshader

9. Jeslis

I just... what.. am.. I.. do with this.. what are this.. who is what.. wtf is going on...
  10. DeadliestMoon

Sorry, I just don't see it as big of a deal as everyone is making it out to be.
    • Up x 3
  11. Phyr

Centralized HUD is where it's at.
    • Up x 6
  12. Jaybo H

I agree about what you say regarding the non-centralized HUD 100%. I said that the first day and posted it at PSU. It IS difficult to see using peripheral vision simply because of the differences in line thickness (although I am fine with the cloak bar, just dislike the shield/life bars.)

The centralized HUD looks good now that the second iteration hit. Much much better then when the first revision hit.
  13. Serpent808

I'm actually liking the new HUD.

Some other noticeable changes. They added a new reload animation around the crosshair. It's a gold-ish-yellow line that circles around the crosshair. In addition, reloading and resupplying ammo takes longer. You don't re-supply instantly, and I think this improves the realism factor in-game. So after the optimization goes to the live servers, reload speeds will actually have a more significant priority with respect to gun-stats.
  14. Hosp

My 2 cents on the HUD. Aesthetically it looks great. Practically its crap. Hard to guage how much health and shield you have and much to small.
  15. TheBloodEagle

Anyone else feel like the new HUD doesn't really fit PS2? Something feels off, like it belongs in a different game. Maybe because I'm so used to the old one which I thought looked great for the game.
    • Up x 1
  16. Tecbunny

I like the 2nd attempt at the hud, clean lines simplistic and I can tell if I am lower than half health now.

Okay its not as accurate as the live one, but running around I feel like I have a good understanding of what the state of my health is.
  17. Burninating

How about something like this?

[IMG]
    • Up x 15
  18. TheBloodEagle

^^^^^^ MUCH nicer.
  19. DeadliestMoon

No.
    • Up x 1
  20. ohmikkie

I must admit I only use the centralised HUD and the new one is fine by me. Like every thing whoever uses the non-centralised HUD will get used to it. There are far more important things, optimisation-wise, to sort out let alone adding more graphics settings for few % of the user base that actually have a decent frame-rate as it is.