New Helmets

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Blitzkrieg, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Blitzkrieg

I know there's one on the Max suits, however it was lacking some of the other max helmets and I thought why not, lets show them all.

New Conglomerate

[IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
  2. Blitzkrieg

Terran Republic
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
    • Up x 4
  3. Blitzkrieg

4. Astraka

That TR helmet just looks fantastic on the Infiltrator. Just as amazingly out of proportion with the TR Infiltrator's body as the Bravo Helmet that came before it.
    • Up x 2
  5. TheQuaint

WOW! The NC regulator one makes us look like blue Helghast lol. Nice helmets all around. But the TR Golem looks a little creepy... 0.0
  6. Blitzkrieg

Seems the TR ones look the worst. The Stormtrooper helmet only goes on the Heavy. The golem I thought would look ok, until it went onto the Max. The Colossus I thought looked ok on the TR max, reminds me of Starcraft.

The NC, I really like the look of the Nightstalker, it reminds me of the old fish bowl they use to have on their Cloakers back in PS1. It suits the NC, and has the feel that NC should have of old mining/space equipment being reused. Feels right for the NC. The Max suits, again, it suits them feels like old mining equipment, the regulator looks pretty beast, but I don't care for the extractor.

The VS, I absolutely love that Hyperion Helmet. 100% Spot on. Fits all the classes and looks freaking beast. The Max suits on the other hand, i'm not sure about. They might look better with Crab Lord armour, but the Xenoxus one reminds me too much of Alien and it just doesn't sit right. The preceptor, looks 'OK' but might look a lot better with Crab Lord amour, all in all I most likely wont get the Max suit helmet for the VS, however that Hyperion is an instant buy.

Just my thoughts.
  7. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Well, everyone has it's tastes.
    The TR helmet looks way Stormtrooper, and involuntarily funny on Infiltrators.
    The VS helmet looks pretty buff, though I'd prefer it if it came with a free Gasmask composite plating like the regular Composite helmet.
    The TR Colossus Helmet.... Well. No comment. I certainly like how the TR helmets sides the golem seem to encourage people to shoot there.
    The Xenoxus looks way insectoid; Has a certain coolness to it, but that doesn't save the MAX from having huge, pointless shoulder pads.
    I hope one day there's an Armor visual that makes them look less pointless.
    Overall, I think the NC got the best deal.
  8. Ash87

I'm loving the collossus helmet and the stormtrooper helmet for the TR. The stormtrooper one looks better if you have composit armor on though.
  9. Osskscosco

TR max is an astronaut now!

Anyways, i think all of them looks good.
  10. Blitzkrieg

Thought i'd post these up. I know they aren't helmets, but oh well.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
    • Up x 1
  11. JayScribble

Oh man, I didn't realize that there's new armor in the depot as well: I was only focusing on the new helmets.

It's kinda strange with the new VS helmet that we can see the face of the Infiltrator.
  12. Highway_Star

TR MAX Colossus looks just like the PS1 max. I must have it now! Gimme gimme! Nostalgia alert!
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  13. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Hmm, with the new MAX armor, the helmets might make a lot more sense.
  14. VSDerp

LAWL wish the helmet was closed up for the vanu infiltrator but oh well ima still buy it.
  15. Blitzkrieg

Not quiet, you guys along with the NC had Fish Bowls back then :D

[IMG]
  16. D-Spirith

I was all just about to say that!
    Maan, i wish we also had our PS1 theme helmet for NC MAX. :/
    [IMG]
  17. RomulusX

Images aren't working for me :( only the NC and TR up to golumn work :(

new armors too? anyone got pics?
  18. NDroid

For the VS, I would've liked the MAX's Preceptor helmet (scaled to fit) on the other infantry classes, I think it looks much better than the half open Hyperion design.
    • Up x 1
  19. Syggelekokle

You should've taken some screencaps with the composite armors on. Most helmets seem to be designed to fit with the extra bulk the comp armors put on and look all kinds of weird without it.
  20. SturmovikDrakon

Three things that bother me

NC helmet look too "clean" and bright compared to the rest of their armour, and the teal on the Hyperion stands out too much on the VS soldiers in their base suits, except the HA which looks fine. And the TR helmet looks absolutely out of proportion on the infiltrator, almost borderline comical

everything else though looks great

Now we just have to wait on that tech for transparent glass on characters and we'll be all set!