New Hack: Insta Kill via Suicide All players in hex

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OgreMarkX, May 18, 2017.

1. paleopterix

I also saw his comments on youtube, and my impression is that he suffers from some kind of mental illness or defficit of attention in his childhood or something (or all the above).... He seemed so proud that "he was in the video" of the hack proof! Like if anyone cared about his sorry lame cheating ***! And he also commented on another "suicide hack" video on youtube something like "owned by team gamerfood".
    I think DBG should take legal actions about this youtube group (team gamerfood) and also against the owner of this game hacking website: "unknowncheats.me", it seems the idiot is also very active there.
  2. paleopterix

I think you are wrong here. Maybe what you say is valid for some people that just wanted to try out some cheat or something (the "average joe"...), but definitely it is not valid for many others who take joy in cheating in multiplayer games (and in real life perhaps) just because they have something broken in the brain. Don't judge this kind of people like you judge everybody else: if you let them cheat and then forgive them like nothing happened, they will see this as a sign of weakness and it would increase their addiction to cheating and the feeling of "invincibility".

PS. My account was suddenly "locked for 3 days" a month or so ago, just because my CPU+Mobo combination seemed to have a weird glitch, translated in random asset validations errors (otherwise the PC ran like a charm), that culminated with my temporary ban. That glitch gave me absolutely no advantages within the game whatsoever, it only seemed to alter CRC checks once in a while. In the end, I had to buy a new cpu + motherboard + ram module, just for the sake of playing planetside!
    And that makes me even more mad at those fkin REAL cheaters out there that are left to do their **** without any punishment...
  3. Demigan

Where do you get the idea that you'll act like nothing ever happened after they apologised? If you catch someone at a crime once, you give them a suitable punishment and then send them away. As research is showing more and more, making the criminal apologise to the people they hurt is a mightily effective way to reduce the chance of repeat crimes (we aren't talking heavy criminals here). Then after you've punished them they get watched more closely, and the punishment for repeat offending is higher.

So, as I already said, after a short ban and the apology, they are allowed to play again. But they will be watched more closely, and punished more severely the next time.

Your account was locked for 3 days, and just like the real cheaters it probably took a week or 2 before they resorted to the action. And as your case has proven, it was the right decision because you were a false-positive. Imagine if they had banned you for a glitch in your system, bad for business eh? But when they thought they had enough reason to look closely at you, they locked your account so you were harmless if you truly were a cheater jsut in case.
    On the short-term, quick bans may seem better, especially with these super-obvious cheaters about. But on the long-term it's better not to quick-ban everyone upon suspicion, because there's a million-and-one reasons why you might be flagged as suspect. And this also means they have more time to gather info about the hack, find out how it works and put an much more permanent end to it.

And have you perhaps noticed that the hacks have already died down? An alteration to the hack has been reported from what I saw on these forums, but the actual suicide-vehicle-hack problems seem to be largely under control already.
  4. paleopterix

Sorry for mentioning the name of that stupid game cheating forum in my previous posting, but anyone googling for game cheating would have found it immediately, anyway. I just can't understand how this kind of websites can stand up for such a long time and no one seems to do anything to close them down or at least remove them from google's database and search results.
  5. Chubzdoomer

This is singlehandedly destroying this game for me. I know I'm not alone.
    • Up x 1
  6. paleopterix

True. I feel exactly the same. I keep waiting for a sign (and I mean an official game PATCH) that the root of the problem has been solved.
  7. Sedin

A hacker bothering a PlanetSide 2 streamer on Twitch. he got banned for harassment on Twitch, but he's back. He's one of the several hackers currently running rampant in PlanetSide 2.
  8. SirDagon