New GodSaw review

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by ReNz0r, Feb 27, 2015.

1. ReNz0r

Here's my 2 cents, what do you guys think?

2. Leivve

Why would you make a LMG based around tap or burst fire? That's what AR and Carbines are for. LMGs should be able to just hold down the trigger and just unleash on people.
  3. Takara

No LMG even in RL does that....the Saw is fairly accurate for an LMG but the truth of an LMG is surpressing fire. The whole point of them is to give your squad time to maneuver and flank by keeping the enemy's heads down.

Of course...now we have a video game where that doesn't so much matter. So it's balanced to the game and for getting kills.
  4. Leivve

When i was in training we were taught burst fire to conserve ammo. But if we were in a target rich environment or you had a clear shot you were to fire till everything in your sight was on the ground, willingly or not.
  5. Takara

This is true...but IRL one bullet can do the job. PS2.....one bullet from an LMG can almost never do that job :-/ It just comes downs to RL vs video game.

But again using a full auto LMG and you have experience with it IRL you should know full auto is generally...not accurate at all. Heck even longer barrel bull pups don't do it that well. But they hit things on the concept of percentage. I'm firing 800 RPM I just shot 200 round...one of them is bound to hit something! *shrugs* I just roll with the game man.
  6. Gutseen

not rly, if a guy has high grade chest plate vets u wont kill him with a 5.56 to his torso, but u'll rekt his day if u use russian 7.62 rounds with a steel core
    also, in IRL u have bipods on ur lmg, and if no one goes rambo on ur butt, u actually can fire with high accuracy while behind cover
  7. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Huh.
    I'd have never connected it with the Gauss SAW S, given that it's certainly based on the std. Gauss, Saw, Damage, Firerate and all.
  8. qquqq

The game doesn't alow for this aspect of fire, because 1 bullet is like a paper cut, in real life this is some what different of course,
    the lmg is a a big mag auto sniper rifle in real life compared to ps2, burst fireing a lmg just feels wrong, why not burst a chain gun?
    I think reducing cof bloom drastically would help to remedy the difference lmgs don't stand out as more effective weapons in general as they should, most share the same stats as carbines with bigger mags, and suffer more cof bloom than carbines, and generally have worse hipfire,

I realize that heavys get more kills than carbine/ar classes, but I don't think thats based upon accuracy, and using the weapon "properly" with burst fire seems like its just less new player friendly.
  9. KnightCole

Yeah, IRL a few bullets do the job, in PS2 alot dont. even less reason for them to go nerfing LMGs down.
  10. Leivve

I was a paramedic, so my training with a LMG was always with a bipod in a closed range. The only reason I learned to use them is because my class insisted we should get basic training with "every" weapon so that way if we needed to we could defend ourselves with our comrade's weapons if needed.
  11. Jogido

Good point, but things do evolve. the M27 IAR replacement of the M249 in the USMC is a good real life example. A shift in training of course came with it.
    • Up x 1
  12. HerpTheDerp

You'd love Battlefield 2142 back in the day.
  13. Epic High Five

This is definitely a powerhouse up close. It's got the same moving accuracy as the Orion and a faster headshot TTK, much better damage per mag, and of course it hits like a truck.

Fantastic gun now at all ranges, cannot recommend it highly enough.
    • Up x 1
  14. Kociboss

Weren't you always in love with 500/200 guns? ;o
  15. Epic High Five

No past tense necessary! I am STILL in love with 200/500 weapons, however I can speak objectively in this case that the GODSAW is an incredibly solid gun on the move. Slightly better accuracy than the Orion even, because it has less bloom per second. No sense in going through all the work to unlock it only to use it just like the normal SAW!
  16. vanu123

Better than the battlegoat.