New explosive sound effects - a joke?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by maxkeiser, May 20, 2014.

1. maxkeiser

Are the new sound effects a joke? They sound remarkably poor quality. The old ones were much better.

Or is this a bug?
    • Up x 9
  2. Winfield

I guess it's personal preference, I like the new sounds better myself.

Now all I want is new NC gun sounds.
  3. Fenrisk

The new ones for tanks sound much better. I always though the tank sounds were weak in this game. Not enough BOOM.

Tank shells should be so loud it breaks the ear drums of infantry that are caught near the blast.
  4. LibertyRevolution

Blowing a terminal sounds like a prowler letting off 2 shells.. go try it..

I want to know what is with the change to the VS hit sound indicators... they are horrible now.
    Really.. listen to this good hit sound:

Doesn't sound like this when I shoot VR dummies.. that sounds normal..
    • Up x 3
  5. Pootisman

The new explosion sounds sound cheap and are pretty loud. In big battles they get really annoying after a while because you hear them non stop.
    • Up x 5
  6. maxkeiser

Just what I've noticed. The sound is repeated endlessly (tank spam), sounds very poor quality and actually gets on my nerves. The old one was fine. Why was it changed?
    • Up x 6
  7. Elrobochanco

It sounds like you are in a batting cage or racquetball enclosure.

I hope it's a bug that literally all explosives sound the same. I mean I understand wanting them all to sound punchier in proximity, but they should have an altered pitch to their old sounds based on range, not just a blanket effect changeover.
    • Up x 1
  8. z1967

Its a bug. I expect they will fix it before friday (at the most). Had something to do with modifying explosion sounds at range and I guess they borked something up in the process of getting it to live.
  9. M2_Bradley

In that case,they should also make a dust storm around the tank which should be able to crash most ppl's computers.
  10. Klypto

They suck.

All the weapons sound the same, can't tell what is hitting me or how far away they are since they have this crazy echo like it's miles away. Also, it's way more annoying to hear anything than the old sounds.

Sound "radar" is just useless now. I'm not tanking in this nonsense.

I hope at range they mean at 700+ meters. It sounds like it's really far away.
    • Up x 6
  11. z1967

Probably meant to do it at all ranges but instead borked up everything in the bork.
  12. Tentakewls

Is the hit confirmation sound a bug too? Sounds kinda...weird...
  13. Hatesphere

i really really hate the new VS hit detector sound. the old one was much better.
    • Up x 2
  14. maxkeiser

I'm presuming this is a bug then - not something to do with lower quality sound files to lessen memory usage/allow for console limitations?

Hopefully we will get something like the old sounds back, plus diferent sounds for different weapons?
    • Up x 1
  15. Zenben

Agreed. They sound horrible compared to the old ones. Completely unnecessary change.
    • Up x 3
  16. Bassett

^THIS!

Thanks for explaining what that noise is supposed to be. I logged in earlier to try out the patch and just couldn't tell what that sound was, I thought it might have been a grief sound or something to do with implants. That noise is horrible.
  17. Wargrim

They sound so incredibly bad, how the hell could anyone think that this would be an improvment???
    • Up x 1
  18. Prudentia

Did you hear a PPA yet? i laughed my *** off
    • Up x 3
  19. Amundsenkalmah

Maybe laser-plasma on flesh-armor sounds like that?
  20. Skallo

Wow, that sounds awful.