New explosion noise when JJ with light assault!

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by SharpeShooter, Apr 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Posse

I don't agree to using score as a measure of performance across classes really, for example, Engineers and Medics got much more score than HA before they buffed the vehicles XP, now they're almost equal but that didn't involve balance changes, saying that Engineers and Medics performed better than HA before and now they perform equally based on that makes no sense for me. The problem for me is that the LA is the only class that doesn't have a clearly defined role (aside from deploying/destroying beacons in unreachable places for the other classes).
    • Up x 1
  2. C0L0NELH0GAN

Ok, I can deal with the reason, that a LA should be heard better by enemies, but - **** - I'm no longer willing to play LA only due to this ******* annoying explosion sound everytime i will hit the spacebar! This will give any LA player ear-cancer over time
  3. Hagestol

Using score in addition to kills/hr and actually how many are playing it paints a pretty clear picture though.

In fact, only using player count works wonders.
  4. vaxx

Did you ever think that if PA's were not introduced (as it was voted down in road map even), that this nerf to LA's would not have been made....

Almost every LA you run into uses a Shotgun? Again, not every. I prefer carbines. Look at my characters, I only play LA, and my VS shotgun kills are all with slugs.

So, again, because PA's, the LA's get blamed for instagibbs. Nice.
  5. Aegie

IMO, providing more XP for vehicle kills is a balance change because it allows provides classes that can kill vehicles more reliably with more certs and therefore more options.

I see where you are coming from but personally I think that score/hour is one of the best, if not the best, metrics for discussing performance because points (and thereby certs) are the only form of reward in the game and can be used in place of real money purchases. Ergo, if, for instance, SOE decided to increase the XP gain from repairing or healing by 10x the amount it currently provides then this would have dramatic in-game consequences and people who play and have certed those classes would have a distinct advantage over other because they would enjoy much faster (and easier) cert gain than other classes and would thus be less inclined to make real money purchases and/or have more certs for upgrades and sidegrades.
  6. Posse

No they don't because the different classes get their score doing different things, you could change that by changing the score system as I showed in my example of the HA vs Medics/Engis
    • Up x 1
  7. SinerAthin

The same happened to Infiltrators.

Except that instead of nerfing Infiltrators, they removed the Shotties from their arsenal.
  8. Voods

Just double checking, seems different to me.. but I was not paying super close attention. :D
  9. Hagestol

Okay, we are a killing class. Killing yields high score. We have the second worst score. See, I can apply this statistic and get a situation out of it.

Fewer people play us, so that doesn't really have to be interpreted. We're just not as interresting or to hard.

We kill less. We're a killing class. So again, no need for interpreting.
  10. vaxx

I couldn't care less if they removed Shotguns from LA. But putting in the loud annoying BANG on JJ's while not increasing the speed, is dumb.
    • Up x 1
  11. Wasdie

12. SinerAthin

Because it reveals you or because it sounds annoying?
  13. Metal Insomniac

This is very true. The original jetpack noise sounds pathetic, anyway. This will be more badass, in a sense.
  14. Posse

Repairing and healing yield higher scores, destroying tanks and ESF yields higher scores, so your argument is invalid. Your killing => score is biased.
    • Up x 1
  15. Goretzu

I wouldn't mind, but the detection range of the new noise is functionally about 30m (people seem to wildly over-estimated or under-estimate range in this game).

Whilst it is probably detectable in absolute silence a bit beyond this if you've got your sound turned right up and are wearing headphone, this would basically make your ears bleed in even a 1 on 1 gunfight.

And, of course, any noise reduces this range.
  16. Hagestol

Are you seriously going to argue that the statistics cannot be interpreted into LA being underplayed and underpowered?

You have limited ammo and in the time HA uses to kill a tank, I could probably kill quite a few infantry. Anecdotes aren't useful though, but yes pr piece they yield higher xp. In score/hr? Not so much.
  17. vaxx

I wouldn't mind if they pumped up the default sound, its sound is not bad and its constant. The new sound will drive me nuts using headphones.

Take the Infl cloak, which I think needs the sound reduced. It plays in intervals. Not too bad playing the class.

New jetpack, has a boom every time you hit the space key, and another sound when you release it, and a constant sound through the whole process. Add to the fact that even jumping like any other class would will play those annoying sounds. Now, go fight in a battle with booms and clicks in your ear and see how much you can take.
  18. Goretzu

Underplayed? Perhaps.
    Underpowered? Not so much, because of all the very valid reasons that have been repeated and repeated and repeated and you just keep on ignoring. :)
  19. Aegie

Yes, biased in favor of every other class but infiltrator.

So, in your opinion it is fair that some classes are more rewarded than others?
  20. C0L0NELH0GAN

MY comment on the new Jetpack Sounds ingame

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.