New explosion noise when JJ with light assault!

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by SharpeShooter, Apr 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hagestol

1: Magriders don't rumble, Scythes barely make a sound. And while it might be terrible design, we are balanced around it. Upsetting the balance without adding other things constitutes as nerf.

2: So you think they were running around for a year with their implemented sound thinking, this is okay, then suddenly a week ago they said, hey. This doesn't make sense. And this sure won't upset the balance.
    I'm fairly sure the developers aren't blithering idiots. This is a direct nerf. It hurts our playstyle while adding nothing but a figurative and litteral headache.

3: Ehm no, the point is that it was developed like this. The argument floating around is that we were never intended to be silent. That is wrong, proven by the fact that they never said otherwise and designed our playstyle around this.
  2. NoctD

It sounds really bad, just the sound itself seems really cheap. I think they want it to be like how infiltrators can be "heard" but not seen, but they didn't do a good implementation here. Louder jetpacks while jetpacking should be good enough, no need for a stupid bang each time you engage it.
    • Up x 2
  3. Copasetic

This is probably paving the way for new quieter "NS65 Stealth Jetpacks", coming soon to the Depot for only 700 SC.

I don't have a problem with the noise, just turn it down a bit for the player using it. I found it got pretty annoying while playing on the test server.
    • Up x 1
  4. Aegie

Never really thought of that but it is so obvious.

Everyone saying "well, infiltrators have loud cloaks, LAs should have loud jetpacks"- there is the difference right there, you can hear the cloaker but not see them, you can see the LA but not really hear them very well. Now with GU7 you can both hear and see them- just what you need for flanking.
    • Up x 4
  5. Phazaar

Sharpe, I think only BRTD/TRAM have the organisation for this. Can I suggest you stream several platoons assaulting an Amp Station with no one but Light Assaults. Just so we can hear how ridiculous it is?

This change was -not- needed and has been done wrong. Louder needed, yes. Stupid explosion every time you jump, or change throttle setting? ********. ESFs don't even have this kinda of sound when they turn on their ABs; that makes -no- sense, kills feedback+immersion, and is killing an already under-used class.
    • Up x 4
  6. Makora

Justice!
  7. Copasetic

I just went back to the test forum because I was sure there was a thread about the noise being too loud, particularly the explosion noise, and sure enough, it's 17 pages long. Longest thread on the forum by far.

I'm sure SOE has tuned it down in response to this wealth of constructive feedback.
  8. SilentWindOfDoom

Nothing more needs to be said. LA are poorly balanced, silent jet packs only served as a bandaid. I'm not sure why you're making such a fuss about it, lots of things get nerfed without compensation all the god damn time. You're not special, you're not being picked out, this is just how SOE does things. I'm still waiting for my CARV-S/Annihilator/Skep/Grounder/Skyguard/Liberator/Prowler and HE lightning to become useful again.
  9. Hagestol

Ehm no, no class has recieved a sizable nerf to their main function since release without a really good reason. A good reason would be extreme abuse such as hackmaxes, MBTs etc. This has to be a first.

Kick the LA while they are down. Yup.
  10. Deronok

Going to sit outside of bases that are already locked down and tap spacebar repeatively now.
  11. Goretzu

Except, of course, you can see infiltrators. The only place they are actually invisible it through NV scopes.
  12. Aegie

Okay, let me rephrase that.

Infiltrators are harder to spot than LA so they make more sound. LA are easier to spot than Infiltrators so they make less sound.

Now with GU7, LAs will be remain easier to see and will become easier to hear. A nerf on one of the most unrewarding classes to play = genius.
    • Up x 3
  13. Gadamlu

can you be heard up to literally 80m out during a gunfight? No? then stop complaining.
  14. Hagestol

And you can only hear INFs, you can't see them. Now you can see AND hear LA. While being slow, in the air.
    • Up x 2
  15. OddChelsea

Which is pretty messed up if you ask me. No they shouldn't glow through the scope while cloaked but it shouldn't be harder to see them. Small off topic rant concluded.
    • Up x 1
  16. Gadamlu

if you want to be stealthy, go pickup an SMG, scout rifle, a couple of suppressors, and play infiltrator
  17. Aegie

LAs are poorly balanced- they are outscored by 1,000 to 2,000 points per hour by every other class except Infiltrator.

Yes, lots of things get nerfed without compensation- except, most of the things that get nerfed get nerfed because they are OP whereas LA is one of the least played and least rewarded classes.
  18. Shinrah

Jetpack sounds? Hah, my enemies will tremble in fear now! Before they just faced sudden death, now they will know death is coming and they cannot escape! They will cower and and flip their gaze around, looking for the inevitable doom. It will be glorious my friends, do not worry!
    And just in case, I will have my trusted NS44 next to me. If one of the fools dares to have situational awareness I will scatter his braincells from afar with my pocket sniper! There is nothing to fear fellow LA´s, it´s only one excuse less for all the HA´s we OHK from behind.
    No more "I couldn´t hear you coming, totally lame brah" excuses. They heard their demise coming, and still were unbable to react!
    • Up x 2
  19. Hagestol

Infiltrators are designed as a sniper class, not a PS1 infiltrating class. LA are designed as a surprising flanking class.

So no, you're wrong. This change is a new direction, I'll grant you that. But infiltrators doesn't have a monopoly on stealth, they share it with the LA.
  20. Aegie

No, I wanted to be able to flank and move around the map with greater mobility. I did not realize that wanting to do so meant playing one of the least rewarding classes in the game.

Why would I switch to infiltrator (I do play infiltrator from time to time but I like the midrange OHK bolt actions)? Infiltrator is the only class in the game that performs as well or less well than the LA. IMO both LA and infiltrator need buffs to get them in-line with the score/hour of all the other classes.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AmUavphHXmIxdFhHUzJfN1VYalRnWS0xMnBUdTJpM1E&gid=33

All other classes outperform LA and infiltrator in score/hour between 1,000 and 3,000 points per hour.

I know, lets take the second worst performing class and nerf them because they are OP = genius.
    • Up x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.