New ESF Weapons and Cert Lines - 01/10/2014

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by joshua, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Herby20

Agreed. I wouldn't even mind seeing 8 shots to the rear to kill. Encourages more coordinated, hit and run tactics rather than sitting back pew pewing at tanks by yourself from render range.
    • Up x 2
  2. Herby20

I think it is clear they intend for tomcats and photon missiles to be anti-lib and anti-galaxy weapons. If you want missiles to use against ESFs, the coyote missiles are the clear choice now.
  3. Maverick556

I already have war thunder for that.
  4. Breakshot

Possibly, but to me this seems to be what they're aiming for as far as wing mounts are concerned:

- Coyote missiles: Short range anti-ESF

- Photon/Tomcat: Mid range all-purpose A2A

- Rocket pods: Short range A2G

- Hornet guided rockets: Mid - Long range A2G + Short - Mid range anti-Lib/Gal

- Fuel pods: Extra afterburner fuel? :eek:

I think Coyotes are meant to be the best option up close, but Photons/Tomcats are still supposed to be the better anti-ESF option for longer ranges.
  5. EmperorPenguin5

Except it really doesn't... Because its difficult in the first place to GET people coordinated if they aren't willing to roll as a team or airwing. etc.
  6. Herby20

I really wasn't talking about pubby platoons. It is quite easy for an outfit to get 2-3 ESFs focusing on the same target. Mine does it all the time.
  7. DashRendar

These weapons are sooo much better than the first batch, and I'm glad you took the time to get them right, it's already paying off. the first batch of weapons were hollow and they didn't serve a purpose. While testing these new weapons I'd begun to formulate loadouts in my head and situations to use them in, which struck me as though the weapons were more or less right on the whole :)

I like the "Kestrel" the NC Locust variant, but I'm not sure what I like about it lol, I just do. Maybe it's the sound effects that makes me feel like I'm flying an old propeller powered war fighter. Looking at the stats, they are certainly balanced in an interesting way. Near stock MG damage and fire rate (only slightly altered lower for both), rotary like low accuracy and velocity, higher than stock MG mag capacity. I think these are very cool as they are now, but that NC itch of mine would like to see the damage/fire rate model pushed a tiny bit into the lower RoF direction to make the weapons more unique. I understand that might make the weapons more difficult to use since high fire rate weapon models are generally the easier to use.

I have to call the Coyote missile mechanic, because it was my idea that I posted in the original ESF update thread :) although I proposed to make them TR only and that one click would fire a warhead that quickly exploded in a cloud of small heat seeking warheads each similar in function to the current single Coyote missiles. Close enough ;) And WOW are they fun to use.

The Hornet missiles I can see as having a superiority in A2G attack style, but I think their velocity should be cut a small amount, because they're a bit too easy to use. They actually feel great to use for a beginner pilot, but there's currently no limitation to what a better pilot can do with these against armor from ranges where the armor can't expect to fight back. (intended?) If this is intended balance to give air a role in stomping tanks then leave it be, but I still think it's a little too easy to use.
  8. Gheeta

Worried about the increased fuel cost, seems to be like completely pointless change. Losing half of your AB fuel just by tapping the key is way too much.
    • Up x 1
  9. Maverick556

Agreed, totally pointless
  10. Wayfar

That is good to hear. I'd like to see the stats/info post on just what the counter effect is. It couldn't completely counter the radar could it? And does the coyote lose any tracking abilities, even if minor, with stealth?
  11. Shadowhunter1

lock on should be lock on, wire guided should be wire guided, and heat seeking should be heat seeking.

keeping target on someone to make sure the rocket stays locked on is stupid. ground units don't do it then why should ESF's have to do it?????

Wire guided missiles should be on liberators and not on ESF's and if you guys are insane enough to PUT them on ESF's that is also very wasteful and ignorant.

Heat seeking missiles should seek heat, from ALL vehicles, tanks, harrasers, flash, ESF, turret, base turrets. infact anything that would show up on a thermal optics. YES THAT IS HOW HEAT SEEKING WORKS!!!! now if SOE made it so stealth would remove you from the being seen by heat seeking missiles, then i might be slightly impressed.

SOE, you guys keep screwing up and messing up this game. read the players comments, and don't push something on the test server let alone on the PTS just because you guys feel the need to take more of our money. i will give you guys my money, just stablize the servers, place in a code to detect the cheats to prevent cheaters, place in a faction population cap so there is NO IMBALANCE on the servers and creating a better population so people stop complaining about which weapon is OP when really it is the population imbalance that makes other factions seem too strong.

SOE, you should give ESF's carpet bombing ability, and the weapon is only unlocked when traveling a certain speed or higher. so if you are hovering over a base the weapon cannot be used. therefore allowing the ESF's to do fast attacks and get out of the area before the AA turrets and maxes can get a lock.

Liberators tail gunners should be given the ability to not shoot down, but shoot up. everyone knows the easy way to kill a liberator is to come from above and the side so that NOT 1 of the 3 gunners can shoot you. IF you allowed the tail gunner a better peripheral area or adding a roof gunner to liberators, they would have a better anti air capabilities.

sure people on the ground might be mad, but to give them an equal chance, give maxes a new weapon. heat seeking missiles.

i'm sure no one from SOE will read this, i am even more certain they will push these lame weapons and when no one buys them, they will make them OP so eveyrone buys them, then nerf the crap out of them so no one uses them again.

SOE, once you actually fix the game instead of trying to add game breaking weapons then i may spend more money, until then i will practice the wait and see. meaning i will be waiting while holding onto my cash to see if you guys break the game or not and i know whether or not i will spend more money on this amazing game or not spend another dime on a broken game.

SOE, take the time to look at some ACTUAL weapons they use on planes and how they move and react and respond. then add it to the game, and 1 at a time to make sure they are working as intended and the damage is not game breaking. for example: AA guns Vs. Flyers and how badly SOE nerfed the composite armor and made it useless, BTW i never got any certs refunded from that game breaking mechanic.
  12. Vanon

AV turrets, Ravens for NC do actually. Techically you can put phoenix's in that catagory as well.

I don't see how. ESF's have been either dumbfire or AA. Adding a long distance version for AV is a really wise choice. As far as wasteful and ignorant, most military's currently use a form of guided missile on fighter jets, some locking on beacons, other's controled from the plane itself. A bit arrogant thinking your smarter then all the military's in the world.

First off, heat seeking anything has a threshold for heat signatures, thats what keeps them from tracking asmospheric changes, so they still hit a plane. Also Planetside 2 is a game. If you want to compare it to real life, why not ask "well in the future why dont we have satatlite guns that blow up planets". at that point you just talked yourself out of a game. Giving them dual purpose to both AA and AV WITH heat seeking would make them better then anything over all, specificly because a tank cannot out manuever the missile, where ESF's can.

Actually these new weapons have been asked for since beta, and they were suppose to go in months ago. Many people stopped playing waiting for these to go into effect. If your going to complain that every piece of new content is just a ploy for sony to take our money, then we will never have new content.

Currently there is no "code to detect cheats to prevent cheaters" Since most people are not cheating, and it's usually people like you who can't accept that someone is better then them and killed them with skill. Further more, they can only detect code injections to the server or perfectly times macro's. To detect EVERYONE in the game from running perfectly timed macro's, means your tracking every button press, which is more processing power then you can possibly imagine. If you could code a real solution to this problem you would make millions. As far as people complaining what is OP, there are always idiots who ignore logic, and want to claim one weapon is better for all situations. That doesn't mean things are imbalanced, it just means that people don't actually try out differn't weapons and use these weapons at their strengths. Balance does not mean everything is the same. It means that everything has a way of being defeated or countered. This is a FPS, and as an FPS everyone thinks they are the best and that the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. It's usually isn't atm. The preception that it is, leads to server imbalances and 4th faction problems.

But that would be hard because ESF's get ripped apart by AA. I have a solution, how about a long ranged bomb that has to fire from far away, that way you don't have to hover over a base....Oh i know, lets make it a missile instead so it actualy gets to the target. I think i will call it the "Hornet".

Or you could just tilt the nose down... I'm all for making the rear gun more useful, but if you do that, you need to decrease the ability to insta kill with a dalton. Currently Libs are better Anti ESF's then ESF's.

why? Just for the hell of it? If maxes have heat seeking weapons, they would end up having their AV range trippled at the least. This would essentially be the end of tanks. There is no counter for a fire and forget MAX with 1 medic and 1 engineer. Now if you added your mechnic of being able to track all heat signatures, then a squad of maxes simply have to fire in the enemy's general direction to kill all tanks, infantry, and air.

seriously, this is the worst group of idea's for balance and fun i've seen.
    Cry more. I plan on buying them, and i doubt they will get nerfed into uselessness.

Your money and your voice do not count. It only counts when it's joined by many many others. So no one really takes this threat seriously.

Flyers? You mean ESF's? I would agree with you if i noticed a decrease of ESF's in the air. Since there isn't, it looks like people have figured out how to still fly an ESF and be effective.
  13. Vanon

I really like the new nose gun. It's basicly the default nose gun with double the ammo per clip and less velocity. It seems the better gun to use when fighting at long distances, or going after libs/galaxy's. I plan on switching to this once it goes live, and using coyote missles, as it feels a good all around general AA/AV setup. It still want to test this further though. I do honestly think it has a place, but the primary guns always seem to fit peoples play styles more then actually fitting differn't roles.
  14. Shadowhunter1

AV is flak not laser or lock on, you failed understanding that point.

those planes you speak of have 2 people in the plane, 1 pilot and 1 bomber. anyone who knows about the air force would know that single pilot planes are fighters, 2 or more are bombers. get it straight before you insult anyone.

stealth planes heat signatures are different from regular planes so they don't emmite anything to strong to be detected, also why radar don't see them. the only way to see stealth is with satellites using sound wave disruption sensors because stealth planes are shapes and what they do to the air at the speed they travel.

sony needs to focus on server and population balance and stability. weapons will come and many of them, and many idea from the players or from the real military. but who wants to play with a bunch of cheaters and a ton of lag? I myself and not one of those people. use my money i spend on the game to fix those problems 1st, and i will spend WAY more on the weapons they make because the game runs as intended.

code is code, and they post theirs on the internet for everyone to find. find a coder that is smart, and it is Sony i am sure they have a few. find a similarities between all the cheats, make a code to detect what that code is and what cause the interaction in the game. bring cheat scanner in the game, built in and doesn't ruin anything. also, look at the videos on you tube. i know a good player and will give that player props if he is good or try and purposefully look for that person to kill him just for the challenge. cheaters stand out by making impossible shots from 3 hexes away, head shots from the warp gate, and many other things. it is VERY NOTICEABLE, THEY NEVER MISS!!! look at their accuracy if you don't believe me.if you have a 33.3% accuracy or lower w/ any full auto or semi auto, you have my respect. if you are 33.3% to 40% you have my loyalty, if you have 40% or higher, i am watching you like a hawk cause no one, NO ONE!!!!! is that good.

AA does very minimual damage to a good pilot especially when traveleing below aa gun level and leaving just as quickly. you know like warthogs.
    [IMG]

they hug the ground and travel below radar and just below AA view, drop a carpet bomb payload ( with the help of infiltrators with a targeting laser for better accuracy ) and leave just as quickly as they came. goto a tower repair the minimal damage ( because let's admit most people don't know how to aim ahead of their targets using AA anything ) and make another pass. also are the ONLY single pilot bomber i know of too for reference to above of all bombers being 2 pilots

libs are stealing candy from a baby when i am in my ESF, NOT using lock-on's.

that way stealth on vehicles are more effective, and once again maxes are stealing candy from a baby if you have a direct hit with a AV turret. also i made another post in the correct area about the ESF weapons, but i will reitterate this small post i made there. heatseeking missiles should not lock on to a maxed out stealth vehicle, make range distance with heatseeking lock 120 / 60 / 30 / 15 / 7 meters so you have to be accurate at least and not spam like a group of monkey's at the zoo.
    , this is the worst group of idea's for balance and fun i've seen.

Seriously don't be so narrow minded when thinking of new weapons, you have to add a weapon, then you have to add a defense to it.

seriously and smart kid would know that, and all the dumb ones know to abuse it.

make a post of my discomforts at the planned weapons they want to release and seeing the INSANE power those weapons have without a counter balance to them is not crying.

losing both your grandmothers in teh same year, that is crying.

child, when pain comes you cry. when a video game comes, you complain to the company to fix the problem and the only way they understand your discomfort is by NOT GIVING THEM YOUR MONEY!

YOUR MONEY IS YOUR VOICE!!!! IF YOU DON'T SPEND IT THEY FREAK OUT AND PANIC TO FIX IT TO GET YOUR MONEY TO COME BACK IN!!!! ECONOMIC'S 101!!!

seriously, business models show that when they is a defect in a product or the consumer is not pleased with the result that the companies that do fix the problems and care to customer's need they profit much more than those that don't *cough* Google *cough*

flyer's means galaxies, liberators and ESF's. if i wanted to say ESF i would SAY ESF and MEAN ESF and not say FLYER to say ESF or say ESF and mean FLYER.[/quote]
  15. Shadowhunter1

proof of how seriously stupid and OVER POWERED hornets on ESF's are just so you understand vanon. even if single shot.

16. Snipe-yo-face-yall

Why are the air to air rockets being nerfed? Not many people use them right now, why make them worse?
  17. HappyT

Because of likes of you. Who would continue to use that broken thing and ruin air gameplay even more..
  18. Snipe-yo-face-yall

? I am confused. They are really terrible as is.
  19. Tar

The Hornet is a weapon that might be considered for the Lib. It makes no sense on a fighter.

Also, SOE money grabbing is more than obvious: "We nerfed your tomcats, but here, have some Coyotes"
    (for the record, I was not a fan of Wasp in PS1, nor am I a fan of tomcats in PS2, and neither will be of Coyotes. They all use the same broken logic which says that somehow it's ok to give players crutches in the air, whereas on the ground the same is unthinkable. Why is there no infantry-to-infantry heat seeking bullet, but it's there for the aircraft?)
  20. Tar

No. It was a terrible idea that made no sense whatsoever.