New ESF 3rd person view

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Pella, May 29, 2013.

1. Eclipson

They need to make this another view to switch to, or an option. But personally, if they did this, and added a HUD, ti would be pretty cool
  2. Eyeklops

3. ih8Darian

Oh God no!
  4. joe smo

5. Cougarbrit

Oh thank god it's a bug, I would've flipped my goddamn desk if that had been a new thing, would've totally ruined flying for me, just can't do the same sorta fancy manuevers when locked into first person.
  6. SolidSnake

Who asked for this? why SOE why? It was fine before why "fix" what isn't broken.
  7. phungus420

Another god damn ESF nerf....
  8. Mhaza

imo they should drop the 3rd person anyway.
    But I think I like the way it looks in the new view
  9. Onetoo

No way that is making it to live; it looks terrible.
  10. MilitiaMan

[IMG]
  11. ZoeAlleyne

I personally feel all vehicles should be first person only but that's just me. I only fly in first person but that's because I would need my third person flight controls to be inverted where as first person is normal, but I am weird. You should have be forced to use free look in first person to acquire targets and search around you.
  12. ZoeAlleyne

It's ok because they just have to clip you with their invisible landing gear for the free win as is.
  13. haldolium

clearly someone in the dev team hates good overviews.

No idea what this is supposed to be.

Camera goes:
    Slightly elevated above the rear (bit higher as now)
    Has a way larger FoV (just make it adjustable)
    Has the ability to be rotated vertically and horizontal
    - can be restricted to a certain angle (<45°)
    Has the ability to look back
    - should be a mirrored camera on the front of the aircraft
    -- should not be able to rotate

Alternatively remove it entirely, therefore add better cockpit overview

Cockpit camera goes:
    A larger FoV ( just make it adjustable)
    Needs to be able to see through foot-space windows for proper landing
    - can be compensated by PIP monitoring, I'd prefer a view though (or both)
    Needs the ability to rotate around 60° horizontal and around 45° vertically
    Current implementation not so bad, except usability and FoV
    - for proper engagement rotation should be possible to bind to keys individually (for instance E=look right, Q=look left)
    -- needs a good ease-in/ease-out mechanic for not making me sick (means not turning immediately 45° like in the X-Series for instance, but starts slow and ends slow. Very steep bubble-curve)

I think a proper TPC is easier as a good cockpit overview though since it's all in place and just sucks a bit currently under circumstances mostly involving the ground.

I personally do not believe that any vehicle in PS2 would alter the game with the above TPC in a negative way. This would basically improves most combat situations and also quite a lot of friendly fire.

Overview is king. And for actual fighting, as in killing others, you need to be in first person view either way.
  14. Tekuila

I thought you retired your scythe. :p
  15. FigM

I am really into ESF, but I have never relied on 3rd person view. I know it's a bit unusual since most good pilots use 3rd view extensively.

I would say that 3rd point of view is kind of bad, should have never been available. However, I find it to be almost essential for non-combat vehicle driving. Such as driving Sundy and Harasser, where the driver has no weapon control. But for all things that have weapon control, they shouldn't have 3rd person view.
    • Up x 1
  16. EvilPhd

I don't know what is moving their hand in this, but I don't think I've seen a single post advocating for a view change.
    So if it isn't broke, why spend the man-hours to fix it?
  17. Macchus

i have to say i do like how the mossies tail isnt visible now but that's really the only good part about it , not that the mossie tail was an issue . in some ways it seems to give you more view , but ill guess i would have to try it first to really understand how it feels .
  18. yama

It's a bug... Stop obsessing about it.