New Esamir changes for the worse

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AMARDA, Jul 24, 2013.

1. AMARDA

Now I do not claim to be the best of players, nor do I claim to be the best at the designing levels or anything. But from the general feel of the new layout I foresee problems in Esamir.

From what I've seen so far, I feel that the flow of the game will be negatively effected. The bases have to many choke points, to few ways for attackers to get in. This means that defense just focuses on maybe three points and that the attackers have no other options to flank or change their method of attack. This will slow game play down and frustrate attacking forces to the degree that people will want to stop and just do something else.

Also the fact that every base now has walls will cause every base to feel the same, each base will be a slow grinding battle to get in and then be kill zone for air support. A nightmare or cross fire as people shoot into their own team, get blown up by grenades and just more damn Bio Lab style fighting.

Now I don't claim to be the best person to say this and I may not articulate my view point well, but it's not going to be fun to fight on Esamir when there are just to many people fighting in a confined space at every single base. Instead these bases should have been strong points, places that Lattice Lines converged on. Here they would make sense and also be more fun to fight over.
  2. LT_Latency

LA can fly over the walls anywhere.

spawn beacons will also let you drop inside anywhere
    • Up x 4
  3. MasonSTL

RIGHT OFF THE BAT! and we get a winner! You, sir, hit the nail on the head
    • Up x 1
  4. Dignity

Yay for QQ threads?
  5. Tommyp2006

It makes playing as LA more important, due to so much extra upward mobility.
  6. ZenTao

You didn't play PS1 did you :)
  7. Malanga

Not everyone likes to play Light Assault and I also agree that the walls are too high. Sure it's a fresh new look but not everyone will enjoy it as much. Everything seems to be confined and I find it a bit frustrating to defend, it feels like bio labs everywhere.
  8. AMARDA

No I did not. But I do have a feeling that these bases will end up being to much of a "Oh god! We gotta take another one of these bases again?"
  9. HEAT

Gal drop....mass squad deploy.... try it.
  10. LT_Latency

Then play on indar or Amerish, I don't think all the continents should be copies of each other
    • Up x 1
  11. SgtScum

Was playing on esamir all night long and the restricted base openings seemed to work more in favor of the attacker than the defender.

It was hard for defenders to spread out and flank the sundys that surrounded them and la jumping over the walls to c4 them were shot down like ducks.

So far loving the changes and all the trees!
  12. TheBillOf3D

I like it so far. And while it sounded like a tank nerf on paper, there were actual good tank vs tank battles. Maybe just because its new and strategy hasn't developed. But it was fun. LA get a buff in usefulness beyond pooping C4. Some walls do seem a bit obnoxious.
  13. Rogueghost

I did and level design was the worst part about it, towers and hallways in big fights were always cluster****s that where hardly any fun to fight at.

Just thumper and grenade spam.
  14. qwertyqwerty

Now Esamir looks like a paradise for campers.