New Dahaka Amp Station Screenshots (On PTS) (LONG POST)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by lyravega, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Axehilt

My beloved amp stations are being converted. :(

(Not that I don't like Freyr's update (I do) but Amp Stations were easily the funnest and most tactical of the core facilities, and really the other Bio Labs and Tech Plants should get changed before Amp Stations do.)

Also +1 for OP due to throwing that post together for us. More people should +1 even if they dislike the changes, since he did a nice thing!
    • Up x 1
  2. CrashB111

*cough* Sunderer hex crashing exploit *cough*
  3. treeHamster

Fixed it for ya.
  4. ABATTLEDONKEY

like the tech plants of old......:rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  5. ScrapyardBob

Dahaka revamp will be a failure unless:
    • There are (5) capture points. If they stick with a single capture point, it will be a failure.
    • Vehicles cannot enter the courtyard unless shield-busting modules are used or an associated gate generator at that entrance is destroyed.
    • Interior of the walls should be 2-3 story maze of bridges, rooms, etc.
    • Horiz/Vert generator needs to control access to (1) capture point (of the 5) along with the SCU. Failure to take out the SCU or hold that A point means the defenders have a rally point and can slow the capture down.
    • Any spawn house needs to have semi-secure rabbit tunnel exits to the four walls.
    • One or two capture points needs to be on the roof of the main building, or put the horiz/vert generators up there.
    • Up x 3
  6. faykid

it actually sounds like something a lot of people on forums are asking for. open field battles. not base stomping -> spawnroom camping routine, but some fights in the open to appreciate all the landscape design
    • Up x 2
  7. lyravega

True, but it needs a bit of tweaking. I wish they had added 3-4 more capture points, blocked all vehicle entrances, and put some dome shields to prevent air strikes maybe :p
  8. faykid

so... biolabs? :eek:
    good idea though :) more cap points, and staggered like on split peak pass. to make more fights happen in between them.
  9. Phazaar

Oh no, I entirely agree that open field battles should be encouraged. Unfortunately, a majority of the player base is unlikely to agree, given that being forced into the open just to cross from one side of a base to the other is something that has caused considerable QQ whenever a groundpounder gets mowed down by an ESF... See stupid walls on Esamir, and the idiocy that is 'Base Domes'...

It will remove the fun part of fights for infantry, in favour of a part that's definitely more fun for me as an actual combined arms player, but all this will lead to is the eventual nerf of vehicles to quell the tears of whiney footscum... IMHO ;)
  10. lyravega

Nah, not like biolabs. Covering one part of the station, like a "leaf", leaving parts vulnerable. The side areas could use this in my opinion; side areas where there are station legs, which are gone on the PTS & has exits for defenders. Or just between the SCU and the station itself. Something "unique" so to speak.
  11. Astealoth

I hope Dahaka goes live like this. We need some places to have long fights somewhere. Every base in the game right now is roflstomped in 5 minutes if the attackers get an extra half squad.
  12. CrashB111

No need to reinvent the wheel with the new Dahaka design, just move the SCU generator to being on top of the bridge like it was back in the day and it will be fine.
  13. LordMondando

Haven't had a chance to test it yet, but it looks vastly preferable to the freyr mess. Specifically the outside layout is retaining some of its openness.

Also nice to see the return of the SCU gen.
    • Up x 1