[Suggestion] New Construction Suggestions

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jakroth, May 19, 2023.

1. Jakroth

For the most part, I like the new system. But there are several game breaking issues that need to be addressed.
    1: Flail: Currently far too powerful. While I don't have a problem with the damage, the area of effect is frankly absurd. I made a rebirth center, with a sky shield module. People began to use the flail on said sky shield, it killed people in the spawn room, and people on the ground outside of the building, both beneath the skyshield. I then placed a Fortress Shield Module on the building. They continued to use the Flail, it continued to kill people inside the spawn room, and on the ground, even though they were protected by the shield. The Flail's AOE is simply far too much.
    2: Sky shield Module: I haven't tested the Orbital strike version yet, but I know the rebirth center version could use a bit higher altitude. In addition to this, due to only 3 buildings being able to have a skyshield module, most bases will have a very small area of their base covered by them. Everywhere else will be vulnerable to the Flail, even if it gets nerfed. The Glaive has no point at all right now, due to the severe lack of sky shields.

Suggestions:
    Flail: Reduce the area of effect by a significant amount. Range and damage seem okay to me.
    Skyshield: Please increase the number of buildings that can use this module. I STRONGLY reccomend at the very least, letting the Silo use it. I believe you should also let the Bunker, Infantry Tower, and Pillbox use it. You may think this may be overkill, but again, the Glaive's entire purpose is to counter Skyshields. Give it, it's purpose.

If anyone else has constructive idea's, and not just criticism towards the game and/or my idea's, I look forwards to hearing them.
    • Up x 2
  2. tigerchips

Did they buff the flail?
  3. CommanderMacTavish

+1

Flail is overpowered against any construction right now. Since it also doesn't show up on the map (unlike the somehow less powerful orbital), it can be way too strong.
  4. Shatteredstar

To encourage actual fights at bases
    Command Center, Orbital Strike Relay, Rebirthing Center: Triple HP pool, additional 30% tank shell resistance. This encourages attackers to break the silo or capture the cap point silo instead of just massing tanks to shell down the structure or to use cortium bombs for these especially.

Cortium Bomb: Always deals 50% base hp of structure flatly. (modified HP from modules can allow them to take more, walls should still take 1 bomb, all other structures take 2 unless they have repair or a module that is adding additional HP like the durability module)

Fortress Shield Module: Expand area of shield about another 50-60% to allow for a larger fighting area and covering more of the base. Leave it two way as this encourages more infantry combat around the base and the wider area will allow for some vehicle tactics to push in more as well instead of the massively limited area under Command centers for example basically denying much way to interact or play and instead of a 'scared turtle' tactic instead of letting you do anything greater like using the time to create new walls or anything during it (or any counter play within the area as well, always forcing silos and such to hug shield module usable buildings). Expanding this would also help address the flail AOE issues.

Skyshields: Difficult to address the height issues given the building sizes (command vs OS vs rebirth) some means to adjust the height of the shield when slotting the module or just unlocking the module create 'low, high, mid' variants at standard heights for people to slot to customize the base more and unify the height of their shields better perhaps. Adding Silo on the list as above would be helpful too.

Anti-Infantry Turret: Tighten COF up and/or increase heat capacity.
    Anti-Air Turret: Add flak or tighten COF and/or increase heat capacity.

Flail: Increase area of projectile landing and slightly decrease the size of the AOE explosions from each projectile. Tweak damage type/numbers to make effective counters via vehicle or infantry things (like flak armor will let infantry survive it even better or vehicles with flanker armor and the like). Counterplay is good, give ways to do so.

Glaive: Oh poor glaive. You need help. I'm not sure what you need to be better, maybe if you disabled terminals and vehicle weapons in the area along with standard EMP effects you'd be interesting? Not even sure that's good.

Terrain Mapping/Snap To:This is needed, the terrain mapping and all that needs someone or a group to do a major pass to make construction placement much better and easier. If the tools or something were out there for the community to dig through and help do this maybe? An appeal to the community to help do this? Kidnap unpaid interns? I dunno but this is really needed given the larger construction footprint.
    • Up x 1