[BUG] New cloaking bug: swapping weapons

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by DFDelta, Oct 11, 2014.

1. DFDelta

Duplicating my post from the bug forum for higher visibility amongst fellow infiltrators.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Saw a lot of low-cloaked weapons on enemy stalkers today.

Have not heard of any new bugs, but after playing stalker for a bit I think I found out why.
    If you're cloaked and switch weapons too fast (for example by rolling the mousewheel) your weapon will stay low-cloaked.

This is especially jarring as scrolling your weapons used to be one of the most reliable ways to fix your cloak if it bugged out. Guess a lot of infiltrators got themselves killed accidently.

Had a friend confirm that yes, the weapon is visible for enemy players.

(If this was known then sorry for that redundant post, was not aware of that bug until today)
    • Up x 1
  2. CuteBeaver

Thats a new one to me. Thanks for the update. I use my scroll wheel for mini map zoom. Interesting find, I like how you can tell its happening. Unlike some bugs which had no indication we could see, this should help limit frustrations.
  3. DFDelta

Yeah, it is good that it is highly visible to yourself. That somewhat limits the damage it can do.

What really annoys me about that bug is that it makes the reload bug with the visible magazines so much worse.
    Usually to fix a visible magazine I give the mousewheel a good roll, but now that causes the whole weapon to become visible...
  4. breeje

by my experience if u move a little to the left ore right the weapon will go in full cloak
  5. Kislany

It's been going on for me for a while now. Pretty annoying and I'm pretty sure that's why I'm immediately seen even ducked as a stalker cloaker - was wondering why. I have to switch back and forth a few times until it gets back to less visible, which is annoying when there are enemies around.
    Then we have the motion spotter bug and and...too many problems these days with infils.
  6. DFDelta

Moving fixes pretty much every cloak related bug, but moving is not always possible.
    Switching weapons was completely fine for fixing everything weapon related (for example the magazine bug), but now it can happen that you make everything worse by trying to fix whatever bug you had.
  7. Mefi

I've seen today a floating halloween mask, thought it was a graphic bug, but it was an enemy stalker infiltrator.
    And I wondered why sometimes people kill me right away when I'm fully cloaked...

It was semitransparent, so it wasn't that old bug when head or weapon weren't cloaked at all.