New character instantly disconnected from the server

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by ikoopius, Apr 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ikoopius

Hello,

I have a problem when i try to create a new character. Always when i want to loggin it instantly disconnects me.
    (im still in the lobby).
    i tried it with all the factions and i can only start an NS character because he does not have a tutorial.
    So i think something is bugged with the tutorial.
    I have unninstalled planetside and reïnstalled it but to no effect.
    When i play on my original account that has no issues.

Hope to get a response soon :)
    • Up x 22
  2. DamageKing

Same problem
    • Up x 5
  3. RigaMonstro

Same here, happening on Emerald.
    New Characters wont connect
    • Up x 5
  4. Demaestro

Same Problem here, happening on Connery too.
    • Up x 4
  5. nafraq

This issue happened to me as wel, on Miller and Cobalt server. everytime with a new character on all 3 factions.
    Old character works fine.
    • Up x 3
  6. WakaGG

Im having the same issue. Trying to create new character on Emerald.
  7. Velanora

same for my friends. cant create on miller but can on cobalt
  8. Irishfist

My suspicion is this happens when you create a new character but all continents are currently locked with queues for that empire. Normally this would take you to VR, but with a brand new character it disconnects you. It always works for NS characters because they go to the empire with the lowest pop and have no queues.
  9. Irishfist

UPDATE: I tested my suspicion on Emerald tonight, and it turns out it's not the case. I made sure there were continents unlocked on NC and I created a brand new NC character and I got the "You have been disconnected" error. A response from DBG would be helpful here.
    • Up x 1
  10. Justinwrites

I'm just back to the game after like 3 years and wee, same error. Great.
    • Up x 1
  11. Khyross

I tried creating a new character today, and got the 'disconnected from server' message while still in the character selection/creation screen. Same thing happens to ALL my characters now. Tried re-installing the game, still the same. :(
    • Up x 1
  12. Solgryn

I've been getting disconnected within 5-10 minutes of entering the world on any character for the last three days every time I try to play, if I join VR Training first then warp to another continent I can play for maybe an hour before disconnect or game crash.
    Most disconnects happen before I can even get to the warpgate terminal, sometimes the terminals don't even load in.
    Other disconnects seem to happen mostly when I die and try to respawn, when I go to the map everything and everyone is frozen because I'm already DC'd.

It appears to be some kind of network problem but I have tried reinstalling the game, reinstalling graphics drivers, restarting my pc multiple times, verifying game files, resetting my router and just about everything else I could google. I just got membership for a year and bought probably $4-500 DBC so it kind of sucks that the game is unplayable indefinitely.
    • Up x 2
  13. FriendlyHuman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.