New carbine

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Newlife1025, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Newlife1025

What's a trusty and reliable carbine for the NC. I also aurax the ac-x11, about to complete the gd7f, and default was done a while ago (i never enjoyed it until recently). So I'm wondering whats a good carbine to stick with (trying to get the Fortuna). Something that performs around the same with god aim or potato. Any suggestions?
  2. Campagne

Razor is a solid mid range carbine, better than the AC-X11 in my opinion. People also say the Bandit is good. Burst carbines are super accurate now.

NS-11C sucks.
  3. Eternaloptimist

Bandit is a great carbine for all-round performance in my experience. It has 0.75 ADS movement as well as a good range of accessories.
    • Up x 3
  4. Lamat

Second, the Bandit
  5. Lord_Avatar

The NS-11C is solid - 0.75 ADS and very accurate, BUT it has a nasty left-side pull, the muzzle velocity is bad, the ROF won't carry you and the damage model in tandem with said ROF makes for lackluster DPS. In short - HS, or go home.

Go with the Bandit.
  6. MurgNC

Third, the Bandit.

As for the Razor, it reloads quickly but the rate of fire is pretty bad, even by NC standards. Definitely do not use it in close quarters for that reason.

When you get the Fortuna, it's like a Mercenary but with a mandatory laser sight and a (mostly useless) underbarrel shotgun. Also, primary ammo count is low by carbine standards. It's decent for Light Assault but you might want something else for your Engineer.

Good luck!
  7. Demigan

Many people swear by the bandit, but I found it lacking. Not accurate enough for long range not useful enough for hipfire. And dont get Hung up about 0.75 ADS, many VS weapons had it and had it removed because everyone assumed that was the cause for them to be OP (mainly Orion and Betelgeuse) but the actual performance of all those weapons barely changed.

The gauss compact burst is a beast now. Good accuracy at any range and in CQC to short range you can even hipfire accurately for someone's face, and I'm the guy that normally tells everyone not to aim for someones face from start to finish in a COF-based game.

The razor is a solid weapon, or it was when I auraxed it years ago.
    If you dont hipfire too often the Tanto is a strong choice too, especially for longer range combat that he LA normally has to avoid. I'm loving the platinum version from the welcome back code not long ago.
  8. Newlife1025

Thanks ti everyone for the tips. Ill test your picks in VR to see which would help with my aim and style of play. Although i was looking at the burst a while back.
  9. csvfr

Quite frankly it depends on whether or not you plan to use it on the LA or engineer. The ac-x11 is my weapon of choice on the engineer, having the advanced forward grip, compensator, HVA, and 2x scope. However I don't use it on the LA because of the unreliable hipfire.

The Bandit, I must say it is my weapon of choice for the LA, with the advanced laser sight, SPA, flash suppressor and 2x scope. The high DPS and 0.75 movement multiplier allows you to outgun shielded HA's close range by ADADing and scoring headshots. At longer ranges the you will notice a large first-shot recoil which tends to land the sights on the head if the first shot was in the chest. As such it is possible to kill multiple (2-3) opponents before reloading, which makes it good in comparison GD7F that often can expend a magazine for each kill. Hipfire accuracy is also good and effective at longer ranges than the Mercenary, but the high ROF can make the crosshairs increase much faster. Therefore sometimes it is necessary to release the trigger for a brief moment, killing a target in two bursts e.g. while jetpacking. As Demigan says it is unreliable at medium range combat, so I would not equip it on the engineer.

For both LA and engineer I would go with the Razor, which is great at medium-long range. For example with a 3.4x scope, HVA, and suppressor, you can play the stealthy LA in the treetops or farm from the roofskirts of AMP stations. Furthermore it has good enough hipfire to emerge victorious from the occasional bumps into opponents.
  10. FirePhox

The mercenary is probably your best bet. Powerful at close range thanks to its decent fire rate and hip fire but still accurate enough to reach out and touch people at range while aiming down sights. It's the gun I always see the tryhard LA's using, presumably because of its versatility.
  11. The Shady Engineer

+1 for all who recommended the Bandit.

It's the love child of the Cyclone and Mercenary, and it's taken the best genetic traits from both. It has good TTK in general and insanely low if you go for headshots. Soft point ammo, 0.75x ADS, recoil that's almost the same as the Mercenary (10% higher but you won't notice it in field conditions.) Great weapon all around.

Only downside the Bandit has is the long reload time. Make sure your switch to pistol key is handy for when your mag runs dry and there are still people shooting at you.

Burst carbines I have a love-hate relationship with. Both the TRAC-5B and GCB are statistically my best performing carbines when it comes to accuracy, HSR, KPM and all that stuff but they take A LOT of getting used to. The first 200 or so kills with the TRAC-5B were miserable and I was losing gunfights I'd have won with any other carbine just because the burst mechanic threw my aim off unexpectedly (tried to tap fire 2 rounds but ended up along for the ride while the gun let loose 2 bursts.) If you're willing to invest time in them, the burst carbines are golden. Otherwise, go with the Bandit.
  12. Mianera

Get the bandit, and believe me when I say that once unlock the Fortuna, you will go back to the bandit.... 90% of the aurax weapons suck, and the Fortuna like the Tracshot is one of them.
  13. csvfr

Also forgot to mention, if the carbine is for engineer exclusively, the Gauss Compact (normal one, not burst) might be interesting. Don't be fooled by the higher ROF on the burst version, as attaining that requires clicking 5 times per second at perfectly spaced intervals. When I auraxed the burst I was a noob but died alot in 1on1s yet the worst part about it was having to click so hectically all of the time.

I haven't tried the normal Gauss Compact myself, but am recommending it solely for the underbarrel grenade launcher which is also available on the battle rifle if you have that. By dropping an ammo pack you are suddenly a mobile mortar soldier which is excellent for low-risk/high-reward farming in biolabs. One grenade is OHK so you can hold doorways solo from some distance. From the outside it is possible to continuously lob grenades in, the splash will take care of the rest (sometimes even triggering the enemies mines for group kills + dead MAXes). It can be compared to having an infinite supply of sticky grenades, bonus being no-delay detonation on impact. Overpowered af, I know, it is even somewhat effective against heavy armor vehicles, especially from the back, like a child of AV grenades and launchers.
  14. stalkish

Negative, fortuna owns face.
  15. Campagne

No grip = much gripe
  16. Demigan

If I read Dasanfall right there's basically two tiers of NC weapons. You have a lower tier which has a KD of around 0,8 to 1, and you have a group of weapons that score a KD of around 1,2 to 1,3.

The lower tier includes:
    Gauss Compact S, GD-7F (although normally it's hailed as a godweapon), AC-X11, Mercenary, Razor.

The higher tier includes:
    Fortuna, Bandit (although beats me why), Gauss Compact Burst.

Edit:
    I simply can't wrap my head around the Bandit, why does everyone think it's so good? I have an SPM of 99 with it, where every other Carbine I own has a minimum of 130 (except the NS-11C, but I thought that was the same garbage as the Bandit). It has one of my lowest KPH's, only worse Carbines I have are the NS-11C (it sucks baaaaallls) and the Mercenary which is worth a "no crap sherlock" due to it being the default Carbine and I auraxed the Bandit when I was years into PS2!

Can anyone show me some stats or combat as to why it's so superior according to everyone? I just can't understand the love people have for a gun that I would have chucked back in the garbage should I be cornered and in need of a gun to defend myself in favor of a dull rusty knife.
  17. AllRoundGoodGuy

At least with a rusty knife you can give your opponents tetanus.
    • Up x 2
  18. csvfr

The bandit has
    • excluding the Fortuna, the tightest hipfire crosshairs, further amplifiable with Advanced Laser Sight
    • excluding the GD7F, the highest DPS, with a whooping 167 DMG per shot, even at 15 meters using Soft Point Ammo
    • shared with the NS carbines, the fastest ADS movement speed
    So in effect, you will be accurate when firing the hip, fast while aiming down sights, as well as capable of packing a punch. This fits very well with an offensive LA playstyle. The real question is what are its downsides. Looking at the stats, the Bandit has put most of the negative spirits into inferior muzzle velocity, but who really needs that in close quarters combat?
    • Up x 1
  19. stalkish

only if you use it in the wrong range / place.
    close up theres the underbarrel.
    at range it owns

At least thats how i use it.
    /shrugs