New Anti Material Rifles are Unbalanced Toward TR

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by sustainedfire, Mar 29, 2015.

1. sustainedfire

Not sure if anyone considered this before, though it seems like a huge potential balance issue.

As TR, the Max special ability Lock down roots you in place. Terrible position to be when facing a distance based anti max weapon.

Since Lock down is already very situational, having anti matériel rifles in the hands of infiltrators is going to diminish the usability of Lock down even further.

Buff Lock down?
  2. Regpuppy

Just nuke all three max abilities and very few people will miss them, as long as they get their certs back. After ZOE's nerf and Aegis' novelty wore off, none of the three actually gets used much.
    • Up x 2
  3. Leftconsin

Do we even have proposed stats on these weapons?
    Although, Im not surprised to see this kind of thread. There were calls to nerf the Valk before it even hit TS.
    • Up x 3
  4. Pikachu

Better nerf it already.
    • Up x 5
  5. sustainedfire

All TR Max should come stock with a lumifiber helmet with a sign saying "shoot anti matériel here for easy certs, I cannot move".
  6. htmlboss

Don't like it? DON'T USE IT.

[IMG]
    • Up x 6
  7. sustainedfire

I just full certed Lock down, due to excess certs and mostly everything unlocked on TR. I'm trying to use it now, before it becomes a complete death trap.

After Anti Material, Lock down will lose even more appeal then it has currently- which is fairly slim.
  8. Computiverse

I can't imagine the anti-material rifle will be any more of problem for lockdown maxes than the lancer is..
    • Up x 8
  9. sustainedfire

With the potential exception being that Infiltrators of all factions will be able to have access to cloaking pseudo lancers.

Currently the lancer is relegated to the very visible HA, and on one faction only.

Anti material will be very rough on the heads of TR Max units.
  10. htmlboss

So?
    • Up x 2
  11. Goldmonk

Wait, does every faction get this new AM rifle?
  12. htmlboss

No idea...just jumped on this thread for fun-sies :p
  13. MotionBlured

Guess you'll just have to find another door to camp instead. Shame.
    • Up x 5
  14. Goldmonk

That shiznat better OHK infantry when I take aim at the hotdog/ham sandwich.
    [IMG]
    • Up x 2
  15. htmlboss

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  16. Jackplays17

What ARE these anti material rifles? Iv not been on the test server lately.
  17. Chewy102

All the new weapons coming out eventually will be NS. Can only recall 2 right now. The AM Rifle and a HMG for MAXes.

Last I seen any information on them the devs haven't even made the choice of to any of the hard details yet. The HMG is likely to be more Bassy like and tended to AV more than anything. And the AM Rifle hasn't found a home on any class of yet but heard tellings of either Engie, HA, or Cloaker. No one even know any of the stats yet on the weapons, the devs have been keeping that CLOSE to their vests. Like in some kind of pocket or something.

The only things we do know for certain is what they look like. And I don't happen to have those links on me.

Edit- Found 3 of the NS weapons.

MAX HMG
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B-TmPtSCUAAeGu1.jpg

Rocklet (AM Rifle more or less)
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B-TiFNDCEAE-c0_.jpg

NS Sniper rifle. (Likely just a normal sniper)
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B9GPAupCMAA7amP.jpg:large
    • Up x 4
  18. Mianera

Oh shut it already.

People were whining about the Valkyrie should get nerfed before it even showed up on the public test server. Thanks to that, we got a useless taxi vehicle.

If we are about to get a valuable and useful gun for a change, then let's bloody get it already. Get off the nerf wagen already, all of ya.
    • Up x 8
  19. sustainedfire

It's ironic that you should complain about potential balance issues, when the anti material rifles will be a nerf to TR Max.

You're not a real TR If you're fine with Lockdown getting nerfed.
  20. Mianera

What the heck are you even on about. If you lockdown in the open where vehicles, heavies and whatnot can shoot you then you are asking for it anyway.

This has nothing to do with being "TRUE TR" which by your understanding apparently means TR should be buffed and VS+NC should be nerfed. That just sickens me.

Balance is constantly being worked on.

And you are seriously naive if you believe that lockdown for prowler and MAX should be used in simular cirtumstances.

When you lockdown, you do in at whichever point you are covering/defending with an engineer nearby. You don't bloody go into the open and make yourself a free target. If you would have driven the prowler more, you would understand how powerful this mechanic is and how it should be used. Same goes for the MAX. Use it with common sense and logic. Not for as a artillery unit.

The overdrive has already been nerfed so much it is barely useful and the aegis shield breaks incredibly fast. All abilities now need to be used situationally if you have them equipped and if you don't know how then don't use them at all.

Because the MOST OP MAX ability is charge!
    • Up x 7