New Alert system: WORST IDEA EVER

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by treeHamster, Apr 10, 2013.

1. khai

your statement is 2:1 odds that is not a couple of tanks that is the entire warpgate being full of tanks that is major zergs when they die they go and pull the secondary tank when that dies they pull the esf or lib man the towers the defenders main problem is not finding a warpgate that has been besieged while they were off on another continent its getting out once they have wasted all their resources on the retreat. I have been in a lot of warpgate fights both as attacker and defender and if the defender is not outnumbered and actually makes an effort instead of sitting there they can overcome high odds your numbers are actually dead wrong I would estimate if the besieging force does not outnumber the defenders by 2:1 at the very least they cannot hold them in if they want out. And what does it matter the defenders are still killing the attackers they are still getting xp at around the same rate as the attackers (you say lower I say higher) and they had the higher xp from the alert rather then ghost capping so I say those who went to the alert are ahead. Or are you going to try to claim that ghost capping is more rewarding then intense fighting?

Also why did you not show the third continent in your screenshot? I am assuming that the event was on Esamir and you showed it to emphasis the boycott.

But thats not here or there you are not going to convince me that A. alerts are the worst idea ever (I lived through supply side economics, twice) or that boycotting the alert in order to ghost cap a continent gets you more xp in the long run.
  2. Gavyne

I actually think continent locks should compliment in addition to the alert system. The two should work together, it shouldn't be either/or as the OP suggested.

I'm loving the alert system, and from the looks of continent population during the alerts, so do most people ingame. Yes it sucks to get outnumbered during non-primetime hours. But for most servers, if not all, all factions can fill up to at least a 30-33% of a continent during the alert on primetime hours.

What SOE needs is some sort of solution for those that play during non-primetime hours. Other than that, the alerts are giving servers an even 33/33/33 battle during prime time hours. That's 2 full hours of evenly balanced, non-stop action fun, with bonus exp to boot. What's not to like?
  3. Lancener

I really don't see a problem with it, the only thing this changes is it moves the fighting and gives a bonus for participating. While an alert for Indar is going I never see the majority of a faction just sitting at The Crown farming, they're out capturing bases trying to get as much as they can.

It has added some type of metagame to planetside, which is exactly what people had been asking for. People actually have a goal other than farming for certs. I wouldn't mind more alert-like systems in the game, like how they did the tournament-thing a while back, such as whoever holds a certain base when the time runs out.

Just because people decide to ignore something doesn't mean it's a bad idea. If the speed limit was 60 and everyone went 90, sure they're ignoring it, but there will probably be a lot more fatal accidents, it doesn't mean the speed limit should be 90.
  4. akajefe

It will be a sad day when the VS and NC decide that they dont need you TR boys anymore. They will just leave you on Indar, diddling each other, wondering when they will come back.
  5. Joseywales

Love the alert system but do agree they should lock continents or come up with some type of solution for example on Helios, Vanu capped Indar while all all NC was on an alert on another continent, when NC noticed what VANU was doing they sent back some people to try and stop it but as it usually happens in Helios Vanu AND TR are butt buddies, TR helped them warpgate us I can't say that I blame them for joining forces when your FOE is far superior :)
  6. chilly154

actually it's not a mini hex they are going to add more feature to the new system.
  7. B0bzor

Vanu capped indar while everyone was away?

That's great for them, but I fail to see why it matters. If they don't think they'll win the alert, good for them. But does it really matter? They gave up their chances for xp from the alert. Who cares if they take indar?
  8. Dubious

Feels like most people ignore alerts lately, cause they a waste of time
  9. skeeter1337

people that feel its a waste of time do know this is a video game nothing but a time waster,.right?
  10. OKBuick

Love the alert system.