New alert system promotes Indarside

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Astriania, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Astriania

The new adversarial alerts are mechanically excellent. When a continent gets near cap, we are encouraged to play there for some extra excitement and the chance to cap it or deny the cap.

However. We're back to the situation before continental locking was introduced, where less popular continents are locked outside prime time by the overpop faction, and the popular continent will be almost impossible to ever cap. For some reason that popular continent is becoming Indar again, and that risks Planetside becoming 'Indarside +1' where the alternative continent is rotated because only one faction plays the alert, and Indar is never capped.

Indarside is boring. It's the least fun continent to play on (in my opinion), because most of the bases haven't been designed as well as more recent ones, although Esamir is nearly as bad with its walls everywhere. I don't mind playing there sometimes but it's depressing to log on and see the only fights anywhere being there.

I don't really have a solution but I think it needs incentives to play elsewhere, or some way of locking a continent even when pops are high and numbers even (for example a single facility hold to bring down a dropship or something).
  2. JP_Russell

Hasn't really been the case on Emerald from what I've seen. In fact, I've been shocked to find multiple instances where there was no alert going on, Hossin was locked, and both Esamir and Amerish had more activity than Indar.

Perhaps things will change for Miller after the merge.