New 4 man NS air vehicle Valkyrie revealed

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NinjaTurtle, Mar 22, 2014.

1. Pikachu

When this vehicle arrives, our foes will know the will of the conglomerate.
  2. NinjaTurtle

Yes I can hear it now. The will to have something better than the Canister bolted to the front :D
    • Up x 1
  3. IrishKnight

4. HadesR

• Up x 1
  5. sustainedfire

Will the NC be providing hours of entertainment crashing into random terrain? That Will? :eek:

NC will have fun with the Phoenix in the Valkyrie. VS will have fun with the Lancer. TR.... will not be able to hit Shiitake with the Striker. The chances of being able to acquire and maintain a lock a live target while flying are pretty slim.
  6. Bindlestiff

I was meh until you raised this, now I think it is the most delicious content they've ever brought out. Please make rumble seats 2 x 2 as well, that will be sweet as all hell :)

Edit: 4 Strikers not so fun though vs my tank :(
  7. Pikachu

No NC uses phoenix and the range would be too short on a flying vehicle. No venu uses lancer. So those interesting scenarios will never happen.
  8. Kanil

I highly doubt the mid-air repair is going to be OP. It's four guys. You could get two Dalton/Tankbuster liberators for that crew requirement, and I'm sure they'd kill the Valkyrie ezpz, then a few tank columns after that too...
  9. Codex561

Well I can imagine it, and I will use it.
  10. Pikachu

You bet, rabble.
  11. MonkeyOnTheWing

I agree that It should be bumped up to a 6 seater. It's kinda weak for a transport if it can only drop 3 at a time. At that pace, you might as well have a single unit fly in on an ESF and place a spawn beacon for the whole squad.

Although, I also feel like having 4 Heavies/MAXs in the rumble seats raining artillery from the sky would be a slight bit OP. It'd be nice to see 2 internal passenger seats in addition to the gunner and rumble seats. Could be highly useful having a triage medic (or engi with passive ammo/repair if such a thing is ever added) in back to support the rumble gunners. I can also foresee people getting sniped out of the rumble seats, so having additional people to re-man those positions might really come in handy.
    • Up x 1
  12. Tyfex

I have been wanting a light air x-port vehicle since game launch. My only wish was it was at least 4 rumble seats. I also like the suggestions of a MAX taking up 2 seats if that seems too OP. Also, maybe put each seat on a 90 degree seat forward facing pivot. That provides some overlap from the gunners if adjacent to a target, but leaves the rear and nose unprotected by the rumble seats (if 4 seats available). Or make them 90 degree fixed where each can pivot from tail to side/nose to side. Anyways, so glad its coming down the pipe. Excited to learn more details about their loadout options and limitations.
  13. ZeroErrorz

i thought youre talking about the 64 bit rambo game lol
  14. biterwylie

Phoenix will not work from Valkyrie. Same reasons they did not use a camera guided bomb in Liberator update.
  15. biterwylie

:D I applaud your enthusiasm . But shooting down a moving lib from a moving air vehicle with dumbfires will be next to impossible and for sure nothing the Devs need to worry about with regards being OP. You would be better off leaping out to splat on the Libs cockpit and hope the crew crashes due to laughing so much ;)
  16. sustainedfire

Or, they did not include the camera missile on the lib, because the Valkyrie was coming !:eek: Whats better then one camera missile being fired from an aircraft? 2 missiles! :eek:
  17. Quiiliitiila

God forbid they make any more empire specific vehicles…
  18. Bl4ckVoid

Yeah, we need more AC to farm infantry.

Just don't forget to add infantry bots, because all infantry will flee to a biolab or ragequit.
  19. Cirevam

I'd like to see TR heavies firing minichainguns from the rumble seats yelling GET SOME GET SOME GET SOME over chat. They wouldn't hit anything but it would be great.
    • Up x 1
  20. Titan6

I just wish it had an actual door gun. Just an Engineer turret strapped to the side of it, and I'd be happy. (AI Turret)
    Since it only has 2 rumble seats, it makes more sense for it to be a support vehicle, rather than a transport. You'd have to deploy the entire crew capacity (Pilot, and front gunner) to make it worth while, which kind of defeats the purpose of spawning the vehicle in the first place.